• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No need to guess the race: police ignore call from distress woman....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after drunkard tries to open her car door.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=676025155745247

"I am writing this in the midst of fear, helplessness and disappointment because until this very moment I still could not believe what I heard from the police woman who took my call when the incident happened. And YES, I am very angry. The only FACT I know at this present moment is that the entire conversation with 999 is still haunting me. I am still feeling very scared and threatened. Because if I die, this case will be closed just because the officer who took the call demanded "an exchange" just like a transaction. She said that she CANNOT HELP ME IF I CANNOT HELP HER FIRST.

However, I strongly believe that the SPF should have the ability to trace both my call for help & my exact location instead of sounding so very "uninterested" just because I was totally traumatised when that Indian man suddenly opened the door of my passenger seat holding his ABC Extra Stout (which I believe is a very strong alcohol) trying to come so close --- as a woman, if this is not a THREAT, SEXUAL HARASSMENT OR AN ASSULT that was about to happened to me physically, how else would you best describe this? Instead of offering your duty to help anyone who calls 999, is this the right attitude as a police officer?

This is what she told me:-
999: "Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me with your location."
Me: "Pls help me. I am very scared. I am now alone inside the car and I am very sure I can't fight him!"
999: " But Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me!"
Me: "Officer, this is Upper Thomson, I see Prata House Restaurant and I can see a road sign by the left that reads "Jln Ikan Merah"
999: "Which part of Thomson?"
999: "You must help me before I can help you!"
No Sorry. Only rejection and refusal to help a helpless victim. Drunkard man opened the door.

Dear SPF, this is exactly what your staff told me when I asked for help. I gave her all the information I had. However, at any time if u feel this is untrue or I may have heard wrongly then may I suggest you to do a call tracking because as a citizen I believe you have the latest technology to locate me before I got molested, raped or died??? Why did u leave me in the lurch?

Is this how you treat a woman who's life was at stake? I mentioned the very famous 24hr The Prata House as well as a road sign "Jln Ikan Merah" yet the officer who took my call sounded impatient by telling me she could not identify Thomson estates? What else can I do as a woman, feeling lost and terrified when the smell of the alcohol became so very obvious and I was alone in the car? I asked 999 for help. Your staff @999 rejected me on the spot! Yet, after being rejected I had to thank her for the service to end the call even though she told me she cannot help me.

My question for you now is,

(1) What is the value of a woman's life at stake compared to your SOP?
(2) I clearly mentioned I was very scared the moment he open the door to try to get into the car when I was alone.
(3) Given the description of the vicinity how can you ask me to help you in order for you to help me?
(4) Did your GPS breakdown when you @999 heard I was being threatened?
(5) You are worse than Facebook if Facebook was able to identify my location while your officer said she couldn't!
(6) What is "Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me?"

By law, am I obligated to help you first before you can save me? Why?
When did the law of justice changed that I am required to help the police when I am the one who called for help?

If only you allow me to carry a gun like in USA, I would not have disturb your peaceful night at your Police Helpdesk. Just say it to me straight forwardly I must help myself with my petite body against a man of a bigger size at about 3am in the streets of the very well known self-declared safe country call SINGAPORE.

Why did you turn me down?
Why did you enforce such a horrendous law that it is the responsibility of a woman who's panic stricken to help you before you can decide to help or not to help?

To the female officer who took my call, I hope you know you are representing SPF. Part of your salaries came from us, tax payers. I still remember our Prime Minister ever humbly said "he is our servant" so it is his responsibility to serve the people. Therefore, if you don't feel like helping me, then may I have the PM's hotline because he is more caring, thoughtful and humane than a useless bump like you who simple cannot take pride in your job!

Singapore Police Force. 999 is the only source for help yet I had to thank her for her service just because she showed no sense of responsibility nor urgency, paying no respect to her organization that pledged that our safety is your responsibility???

As a victim, I am left with a picture and video shots of this incident that the police is uninterested. However, I am sure many of my friends here who cares for me are interested about my safety. Lets get puzzled together as to how come the country can pledged that Singapore is the safest country. Give the women a gun to defend themselves if you cannot help.

Please give me a gun if you feel that I have to help myself in such a critical situation. Why do police carry gun? Why do guys serve NS? What is the purpose of the Police Helpline 999? Why do we follow SOP? Will I still be able to reach out to my friends here if I got raped in some dark corner u cannot identify? You refused to take my case because I'm still alive. This case will be closed & probably "classified" because a dead woman can't talk!

TO HELL WITH YOUR SOP!"

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The woman is being ridiculous.

To a point, yes! neurotic...but what was she doing at the back of the row of shop houses, ALONE in a car. at 3am in the morning??.lucky the SPF did not charge her for soliciting. At the end cul de sac of Jalan Ikan Merah is a very small park & if I am not mistaken, there is a Chinese temple there ( wonder if it is still around).

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Helpless lady assaulted by drunkard man @3am

"I am writing this in the midst of fear, helplessness and disappointment because until this very moment I still could not believe what I heard from the police woman who took my call when the incident happened. And YES, I am very angry. The only FACT I know at this present moment is that the entire conversation with 999 is still haunting me. I am still feeling very scared and threatened. Because if I die, this case will be closed just because the officer who took the call demanded "an exchange" just like a transaction. She said that she CANNOT HELP ME IF I CANNOT HELP HER FIRST.

However, I strongly believe that the SPF should have the ability to trace both my call for help & my exact location instead of sounding so very "uninterested" just because I was totally traumatised when that Indian man suddenly opened the door of my passenger seat holding his ABC Extra Stout (which I believe is a very strong alcohol) trying to come so close --- as a woman, if this is not a THREAT, SEXUAL HARASSMENT OR AN ASSULT that was about to happened to me physically, how else would you best describe this? Instead of offering your duty to help anyone who calls 999, is this the right attitude as a police officer?

This is what she told me:-
999: "Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me with your location."
Me: "Pls help me. I am very scared. I am now alone inside the car and I am very sure I can't fight him!"
999: " But Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me!"
Me: "Officer, this is Upper Thomson, I see Prata House Restaurant and I can see a road sign by the left that reads "Jln Ikan Merah"
999: "Which part of Thomson?"
999: "You must help me before I can help you!"
No Sorry. Only rejection and refusal to help a helpless victim. Drunkard man opened the door.

Dear SPF, this is exactly what your staff told me when I asked for help. I gave her all the information I had. However, at any time if u feel this is untrue or I may have heard wrongly then may I suggest you to do a call tracking because as a citizen I believe you have the latest technology to locate me before I got molested, raped or died??? Why did u leave me in the lurch?

Is this how you treat a woman who's life was at stake? I mentioned the very famous 24hr The Prata House as well as a road sign "Jln Ikan Merah" yet the officer who took my call sounded impatient by telling me she could not identify Thomson estates? What else can I do as a woman, feeling lost and terrified when the smell of the alcohol became so very obvious and I was alone in the car? I asked 999 for help. Your staff @999 rejected me on the spot! Yet, after being rejected I had to thank her for the service to end the call even though she told me she cannot help me.

My question for you now is,

(1) What is the value of a woman's life at stake compared to your SOP?
(2) I clearly mentioned I was very scared the moment he open the door to try to get into the car when I was alone.
(3) Given the description of the vicinity how can you ask me to help you in order for you to help me?
(4) Did your GPS breakdown when you @999 heard I was being threatened?
(5) You are worse than Facebook if Facebook was able to identify my location while your officer said she couldn't!
(6) What is "Mdm I cannot help you if you cannot help me?"

By law, am I obligated to help you first before you can save me? Why?
When did the law of justice changed that I am required to help the police when I am the one who called for help?

If only you allow me to carry a gun like in USA, I would not have disturb your peaceful night at your Police Helpdesk. Just say it to me straight forwardly I must help myself with my petite body against a man of a bigger size at about 3am in the streets of the very well known self-declared safe country call SINGAPORE.

Why did you turn me down?
Why did you enforce such a horrendous law that it is the responsibility of a woman who's panic stricken to help you before you can decide to help or not to help?

To the female officer who took my call, I hope you know you are representing SPF. Part of your salaries came from us, tax payers. I still remember our Prime Minister ever humbly said "he is our servant" so it is his responsibility to serve the people. Therefore, if you don't feel like helping me, then may I have the PM's hotline because he is more caring, thoughtful and humane than a useless bump like you who simple cannot take pride in your job!

Singapore Police Force. 999 is the only source for help yet I had to thank her for her service just because she showed no sense of responsibility nor urgency, paying no respect to her organization that pledged that our safety is your responsibility???

As a victim, I am left with a picture and video shots of this incident that the police is uninterested. However, I am sure many of my friends here who cares for me are interested about my safety. Lets get puzzled together as to how come the country can pledged that Singapore is the safest country. Give the women a gun to defend themselves if you cannot help.

Please give me a gun if you feel that I have to help myself in such a critical situation. Why do police carry gun? Why do guys serve NS? What is the purpose of the Police Helpline 999? Why do we follow SOP? Will I still be able to reach out to my friends here if I got raped in some dark corner u cannot identify? You refused to take my case because I'm still alive. This case will be closed & probably "classified" because a dead woman can't talk!

TO HELL WITH YOUR SOP!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=676025155745247

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Helpless lady assaulted by drunkard man @3am

I wonder what she expected would happen when venturing out at the ungodly hour of 3am?

Since she is so fragile and full of entitlement I think she should request for a personal protection officer to be with her 24/7.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Helpless lady assaulted by drunkard man @3am

Sinkie poodle: "Who cares if you get raped or murdered? Lemme continue my beauty sleep."

eufwit.jpg

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
To a point, yes! neurotic...but what was she doing at the back of the row of shop houses, ALONE in a car. at 3am in the morning??.lucky the SPF did not charge her for soliciting. At the end cul de sac of Jalan Ikan Merah is a very small park & if I am not mistaken, there is a Chinese temple there ( wonder if it is still around).

Jalan Ikan Merah is a quiet residential road behind a popular 24h Roti Prata place along Upper Thomson Road. Parking beside the Prata place is like a lucky draw so most people park along the roads at the back of it in the residential estate.
I have never seen anything unruly going on there but people like to hang out in the small park beside the temple along Jalan Keli.

She was just unlucky to encounter that fellow.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The quickest way the home team identifies a location of a street seems to be by the lamppost number. More than once, I'd tried to describe a location by the usual means, i.e. junction of this and that road, near to this building, etc. only to be asked for more information.

On one occasion, the 999 officer asked if there were any lampposts nearby and if I could provide the number on it. since then, whenever I had to report a location to SPF, TP, SCDF and LTA, I've used lamppost number as an indicator.

But I imagine the woman might have some difficulty seeing the lamppost number that night.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assume the lady is seated in her car when the incident happened? :confused:

If that's the case, most cars nowadays comes with auto locking system once the door is shut with the keys in the ignition. How would it be possible for the man to open the car door? Even if the car doesn't have the ALS or if the car engine is not running, being an only lady at 3am in the morning, shouldn't she use a little more discretion to keep herself safe?

Bearing in mind several unknown factors, just according to the description above, the lady should go f*** herself for this incident. :oIo:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assume the lady is seated in her car when the incident happened? :confused:

If that's the case, most cars nowadays comes with auto locking system once the door is shut with the keys in the ignition. How would it be possible for the man to open the car door? Even if the car doesn't have the ALS or if the car engine is not running, being an only lady at 3am in the morning, shouldn't she use a little more discretion to keep herself safe?

Bearing in mind several unknown factors, just according to the description above, the lady should go f*** herself for this incident. :oIo:

What you said is similar to what an ah neh rapist might say. "Oh her skirt is so short, she must be asking for a rape"

Bet you won't say so when it happens to your wife or daughters.