• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of cowards, prostitutes and the rest: management by expectation

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this. The govt expects it of SPH; and SPH expects it of its editors and reporters. In fact, the govt expects it also from the courts, judiciary, labour unions, employers' union etc.

This is called Management By Expectation. It is still a powerful remnant tool of the Old Man - fear; and has to be demolished with his passing.

http://www.pressrun.net/weblog/2009/03/straits-times-censors-pms-bbc-interview.html

Singapore newspapers censor PM’s BBC interview
It’s amusing to see the Singapore newspapers have not run the complete BBC interview with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The broadsheet Straits Times and the freesheet Today have not published the last question asked in the interview, which can be heard in a five-and-a-half-minute audioclip on the BBC World Service website.

The interviewer said: “Finally, Prime Minister, I read that you are apparently the highest paid head of government in the world. Your salary is about four or five times what President Obama gets. Are you worth all that money?”
PM Lee laughed and said: “I am not comparing myself and I don’t look at these rankings.We go on a system which is open, honest, transparent – what is the job worth, what is the quality of the person whom you want. We need the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars. And you cannot do that if you are pretending and you just say, ‘Well, we are all in it for the love of King and Country’. We want it to be honest, we want people not to come in for the money. But at the same time the sacrifice cannot be too great. And at times like these, you want the best possible government you can have.”

Why on earth did the Straits Times and Today censor the Prime Minister’s interview?
The Prime Minister did not hesitate to answer the question.
So why did the Singapore newspapers not run the question and the answer?
It looks silly because people visiting the BBC World Service website are likely to come across the interview and discover that the Singapore media are still censoring the news.
-----------------------------------

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next best question to the gay lord would be:

So in your pervious answer to my earlier question is that by paying so much more, for yourself and the rest of the ppl you employ,
are you getting the type of ppl who you deem to be best performer and able to perform?

Just looking at the recent fact case about the haze choking your entire nation, the method of paying well above board seems to have your ppl performing otherwise and this is an issue of paying your ppl for years and having the same problems for years as well.

What do you have to say about this?