• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Astaka community

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2017/07/26/astakas-bukit-senyum-granted-node-status

Astaka's Bukit Senyum granted node status

JOHOR BARU/SINGAPORE: One Bukit Senyum, Johor's upcoming RM5.4 billion administrative and commercial hub, has been granted node status – an area where the developer and promoted businesses can enjoy tax incentives – by Malaysia's Ministry of Finance and Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda, Astaka Holdings Limited announced today.

The node status accords Phase 2 of the project , which spans 11.85 acres, full income-tax exemption on proceeds from the sale and income derived from the leasing of all non-residential buildings.

Singapore Exchange-listed Astaka said Phase 2 of One Bukit Senyum will include the new headquarters of the Johor Bahru City Council, a five-star hotel, serviced apartments and a premium shopping mall. It will also come with branded residences and serviced residences.

Irda Chief Executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said: "Landmark developments such as One Bukit Senyum, that is in Johor Bahru City Centre or Flagship A of Iskandar Malaysia, will attract new investments that in turn, create job and business opportunities for the rakyat. This development will also contribute to efforts to enhance Johor Bahru's standing as one of the leading growth centres to spur the Nation's drive towards becoming a high-income nation."

Astaka's Executive Director and CEO Datuk Zamani bin Kasim said: "We are honoured that One Bukit Senyum has been awarded node status. This
underscores the significance of our project and the trust that the federal government and Johor state government have in Astaka."

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Astakans,
5 Years on, could anyone please share if it is worthwhile to buy some units from the resale market today?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
8D110962-C7E4-4DB7-81B4-B9E23D1923E8.png

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha...pigeon hole for 1.6 million:eek: :thumbsdown: :sleep::biggrin:
10 years ago SHCTAW recommended this as the cream of the cream above everything else in JB. I’m back to haunt him... but 1st of all I wanted to understand how the price has moved. I had a 10 year bet with him.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 years ago SHCTAW recommended this as the cream of the cream above everything else in JB. I’m back to haunt him... but 1st of all I wanted to understand how the price has moved. I had a 10 year bet with him.

I am into landed. Not pigeon hole. Teres so many apartment units in JB itself. Look around. Current sentiment..hmmm....at 1.6 million, i will bargain all the way south....

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am into landed. Not pigeon hole. Teres so many apartment units in JB itself. Look around. Current sentiment..hmmm....at 1.6 million, i will bargain all the way south....
So was I. We had this bet of landed vs “premium condo”. He told everyone in the JB forum Astaka had much better potential than East Ledang. He showed picture of 2 units he bought at Astaka. I was pretty sure he was an agent. I had lost my part of the bet as I saw the situation wasn’t good - sold both units I owned at East Ledang while I still had some profits. I wanted to see if he won.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So was I. We had this bet of landed vs “premium condo”. He told everyone in the JB forum Astaka had much better potential than East Ledang. He showed picture of 2 units he bought at Astaka. I was pretty sure he was an agent. I had lost my part of the bet as I saw the situation wasn’t good - sold both units I owned at East Ledang while I still had some profits. I wanted to see if he won.

Tat time market full of hype. And Astaka did stands out. Actually Astaka not tat bad. Location, height. But if one is into apartment, can always try his luck. If in sinkieland i would go for one tat face the sea. But not in JB lah. Those facing the sea are all from PRC. :biggrin:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tat time market full of hype. And Astaka did stands out. Actually Astaka not tat bad. Location, height. But if one is into apartment, can always try his luck. If in sinkieland i would go for one tat face the sea. But not in JB lah. Those facing the sea are all from PRC. :biggrin:
Agree... I tot it was really a prime location for JB... regardless what one’s opinion of JB might be. Some units seem to be going under hammer that’s why I’m asking.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree... I tot it was really a prime location for JB... regardless what one’s opinion of JB might be. Some units seem to be going under hammer that’s why I’m asking.

Unemployment n loan default on the rise. U may get some good deals fm those auction units. JB central. Shld be considered prime, imo. But not just Astaka. Tere are several other apts(condo) available at JB central.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are still people talking about JB properties?? Obviously, it's all crap. Just sell and cut loss now if you can, especially condo/ apartment / highrise.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please rah. The whole JB isn't prime in Malaysia, so how can astaka be prime. 1.62m? Ridiculous price. 400k RM can consider.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2017/07/26/astakas-bukit-senyum-granted-node-status

Astaka's Bukit Senyum granted node status

JOHOR BARU/SINGAPORE: One Bukit Senyum, Johor's upcoming RM5.4 billion administrative and commercial hub, has been granted node status – an area where the developer and promoted businesses can enjoy tax incentives – by Malaysia's Ministry of Finance and Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda, Astaka Holdings Limited announced today.

The node status accords Phase 2 of the project , which spans 11.85 acres, full income-tax exemption on proceeds from the sale and income derived from the leasing of all non-residential buildings.

Singapore Exchange-listed Astaka said Phase 2 of One Bukit Senyum will include the new headquarters of the Johor Bahru City Council, a five-star hotel, serviced apartments and a premium shopping mall. It will also come with branded residences and serviced residences.

Irda Chief Executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said: "Landmark developments such as One Bukit Senyum, that is in Johor Bahru City Centre or Flagship A of Iskandar Malaysia, will attract new investments that in turn, create job and business opportunities for the rakyat. This development will also contribute to efforts to enhance Johor Bahru's standing as one of the leading growth centres to spur the Nation's drive towards becoming a high-income nation."

Astaka's Executive Director and CEO Datuk Zamani bin Kasim said: "We are honoured that One Bukit Senyum has been awarded node status. This
underscores the significance of our project and the trust that the federal government and Johor state government have in Astaka."

..but wouldn't this node status dilute the Government offices at Kota Iskandar ?

Is the Johor Govt going / or not going to centralise the Government Administration Offices ?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think probably granted node status because of the Sultan complaints. The Sultan has a stake in Astaka.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Think probably granted node status because of the Sultan complaints. The Sultan has a stake in Astaka.
Basically a disorganised state ruled by a self-entitled ego maniac who squanders away whatever special status given to him.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does mudland need to have so many government offices when the place is empty and open?

They just need to flatten whatever land and grow some green grass on it. Things are solve. No need for expensive maintenance. All they need is to send people to trim the grasses. Not even trees is needed.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why does mudland need to have so many government offices when the place is empty and open?

They just need to flatten whatever land and grow some green grass on it. Things are solve. No need for expensive maintenance. All they need is to send people to trim the grasses. Not even trees is needed.
like this?
AE2C56A0-1BD4-4BE1-B2C8-A7F63C15B305.jpeg