• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Capri @ Danga Bay community

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, new thread for Capri owners. Lets share information and foster good relationships!

Any other new capri owners out there?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, new thread for Capri owners. Lets share information and foster good relationships!

Any other new capri owners out there?

Would you like to share on what is the attraction to invest in this Capri that sells for more than 50% more than the earlier phase Tropez within a 6 months period difference.

My reading is that it is either the Tropez is under-priced or this Capri is over-priced. Maybe there is a very good reason for this kind of pricing difference that I missed out. I am thinking of getting one but seriously need to consider carefully as it is not cheap at more than 1000 psf.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden is so much cheaper...it is a large developmt no doubt but the price difference is really staggering...tempted :P

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure Tropez is under-priced as that is the maiden project in Danga Bay.

But of course, I might be biased because I am vested in Tropez. :smile:

Would you like to share on what is the attraction to invest in this Capri that sells for more than 50% more than the earlier phase Tropez within a 6 months period difference.

My reading is that it is either the Tropez is under-priced or this Capri is over-priced. Maybe there is a very good reason for this kind of pricing difference that I missed out. I am thinking of getting one but seriously need to consider carefully as it is not cheap at more than 1000 psf.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure Tropez is under-priced as that is the maiden project in Danga Bay.

But of course, I might be biased because I am vested in Tropez. :smile:

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm vested in Tropez and considering Capri at the moment. Thinking back, Tropez seem overprice then, but factoring in the scale and longevity of the project spread across multiple phases, I committed.

Not sure if owners currently vested in Danga Bay feel the same way, the flurry of announcements and prominent launches in Medini and PH has somewhat stole some limelight from Danga Bay and that could unknowingly made us feel the > 1000psf price tag for Capri as a tad pricey. However, should there be subsequent announcements and developments at Danga Bay, then I believe 1000psf, with its FH status, is certainly comparable to the RM1000psf that Afinity is selling for, considering its LH status. How much will Capitaland price their first launch at Danga Bay? I believe that will set the benchmark for the Danga Bay area.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm vested in Tropez and considering Capri at the moment. Thinking back, Tropez seem overprice then, but factoring in the scale and longevity of the project spread across multiple phases, I committed.

Not sure if owners currently vested in Danga Bay feel the same way, the flurry of announcements and prominent launches in Medini and PH has somewhat stole some limelight from Danga Bay and that could unknowingly made us feel the > 1000psf price tag for Capri as a tad pricey. However, should there be subsequent announcements and developments at Danga Bay, then I believe 1000psf, with its FH status, is certainly comparable to the RM1000psf that Afinity is selling for, considering its LH status. How much will Capitaland price their first launch at Danga Bay? I believe that will set the benchmark for the Danga Bay area.

Now waiting for the next condo launches in PH to see which horse run faster, zone
A Danga or zone B PH.

Danga got Capital Land, PH got Kuok Btothers. Interesting!

bschoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I booked a unit at Capri. 1000psf is not cheap. It is more pricey than most of the condos you can find in KL and PJ. Here are a few things that I considered as positive factors for Capri:
1. This is the first tower for Capri, future towers will be at a higher price level.
2. There will be only one MRT station linking Singapore to Malaysia, which is located right after Woodland. So Danga Bay will be much closer to this station compared to Medini/Puteri Harbor.

bschoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue...
3. Capital land and Temasek will be launching their projects in near future, which is likely to be priced at a premium compared to Capri.
4. Convenience of a mega mall when Tropicana Mall is ready.
5. Quite probable to be able to rent out at >RM3000 upon completion. This is comparing to Danga View ~1000sqft unit, which is asking for about RM2500 at the moment. This means the rental yield could be around 4%, which is just a little short of covering for bank loan interest.

bschoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue...
6. Tropicana is a reputable developer.

Negative factors:
1. Price is definitely on the high side.
2. Lots of condos will be ready around the same time frame as Capri's.Which means rental could be depressed.
3. Uncertainty about the actual RTS &MRT location.Or even whether the MRT will materialize?
4. Uncertainty about the success of other developments around Capri.If any of those are not executed properly,it could damage the look and feel of Danga Bay.
5. And on and on... :smile:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can rent Tropez at RM3000+???

continue...
3. Capital land and Temasek will be launching their projects in near future, which is likely to be priced at a premium compared to Capri.
5. Quite probable to be able to rent out at >RM3000 upon completion. This is comparing to Danga View ~1000sqft unit, which is asking for about RM2500 at the moment. This means the rental yield could be around 4%, which is just a little short of covering for bank loan interest.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
...quite possible, an old condo in Palm Gdn already renting 3K...behind Thistle Hotel....no view.

HH2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi.

I have booked Capri too. I am looking for long term return. 10 years. Looking at the amount of work at Dangabay remind of old time satay club in Singapore. Just 15 - 20 years time Marina Bay changed so much! Who will think that merlion and F1 race track will locate at Satay club? Change is constant.... 10_singapore_1970s_satay_club.jpg

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue...

Rental yield of 4% is not an attractive yields for investment returns.

Property valuation and prices is based on surrounding property prices as well as the rental yields. If the prices asked for is high and rental is low, then the price is not realistic or the investment have other reasons or factors such as en-bloc potential, future infrastructure development etc. Else it is just an over-priced property. Buy at own risk or for own stay is okay.

bschoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. 4% is nothing to yell about. But it does provide a cushion for you to sit on while waiting for the price to appreciate. Basically allowing you to hold the property without straining yourself too much.
It is possible that JB might never be able to command too high of rental, if there are not many job opportunties with high pay.Anyone has insight about JB's potential rental market?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. 4% is nothing to yell about. But it does provide a cushion for you to sit on while waiting for the price to appreciate. Basically allowing you to hold the property without straining yourself too much.
It is possible that JB might never be able to command too high of rental, if there are not many job opportunties with high pay.Anyone has insight about JB's potential rental market?

As if now, i presume most renters are Msians (non Johorean) working in Spore. Hence they will be focusing on areas like Bukit Indah, Nusa Idaman, Horizon Hill and also near JB city (thistle area) and they can afford to pay >RM2000 because of the strong SGD they are earning. If Nusajaya fails to generate greater employment, i expect the rental demographics to remain as such. The ppty in JB as of now is still affordable and hence, many would rather buy than rent - to save on rental and aim for capital gain upon resales. Those ppty near international schools and MNC with many white collar foreign workers may find good rental demand as the foreign students/workers want to stay near their schools/offices and are unlikely to buy ppty since they will not be in JB for long

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Occupancy rate in JB is definitely a 50-50 chance given the massive supply of condo launch.
Tropez at Jan 2013 still can get at 600psf....
Capri 1100-1300psf seems over priced and is very risky given the high interest rate...
Just my 2c worth.

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I bought capri
- Dont want to say "aiya should have bought" in 2020
- walk the ground: yachts parked there indicates wealth n security
- existing local crowd, many bring cameras to take the landscape and even wedding shoot
- Reputable developer
- Strong SG interest (Temasek)