• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Richest Ah Neh in HK do not invest in India and "I try not to invest in India".

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Happened to be watching a program Power List Asia by CNA interviewing the CEO of the Harilela Group Dr. Aron Harilelas whose family hotel business spans across the globe. They are also the second largest share holder of Singapore's Thomson Medical Group. The Harilelas family has been in the far east since before WW2.

The interview could be watch at the following link.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/powerlist/dr-aron-harilela-hong-kong-india/593088.html

When he was asked if the Harilelas business invest in India, the answer that came was shocking as it a was swift "I try not to" his explanation followed was although there has been a liberalization of investment laws there has not been a liberalization of the Indians' mindset. He would also rather invest in China which he admitted is also a difficult market. The answer was weak and one could spot the unease he is experiencing with a question like that and he was finally saved out of this situation by the interviewer who bla bla bla with an easy answer and subject changed.

sean-qrbejmzcibcesrcz01.jpg

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watched that interview too. I think what he was trying to say was that the bureaucracy (and of course the corruption) in India makes it difficult to do business there but he could not and will not say that openly on TV. In China if you grease the right palms, you can build a hotel within 6 months.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is a hongkie? why he shy to say the truth about india just because he is indian race?
So likewise a black US citizen must feel patriotic to africa?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Indian is totally different from the rest. How come most Indians not like that? He is what i called the very very unsinkified kind. It is much much better to have money. If you dun have money, you dunno how to behave like a real human being.

But for sinkies, even if they have money, they still behaves like shit...

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being a businessman... He should be clever enough not to hurt any relationship! $$$ can be earned anywhere just how much...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he felt India have abandon him.

Same feeling a lot of Singaporeans have toward their country.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He speaks with a decent British accent. Something tells me that the British invasion is a success...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After watching this interview I'm more hesitant to want to ever go there for business. My experience with Indians so far is limited to quotation only. After each quote they will come back to ask for bargain for so many things besides price, things like shipping terms, payment terms, insurance etc etc and after that asked for one sample after another. Alamak really tired with them because after all these still no order and just disappeared.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After watching this interview I'm more hesitant to want to ever go there for business. My experience with Indians so far is limited to quotation only. After each quote they will come back to ask for bargain for so many things besides price, things like shipping terms, payment terms, insurance etc etc and after that asked for one sample after another. Alamak really tired with them because after all these still no order and just disappeared.

Pii Joe, there is an old Cantonese saying....
神仙难赚印度钱....

Then you should know the term mangali/kek ling xiao (debts)

All these should warn you that it's not easy to make even a penny from ah neh

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
神仙难赚印度钱....

You're right buddy but I have to say dealing with Sri Lankans are very easy its like dealing with sinkies I must say. They always honour a deal and do not bargain too much especially for the first time and prefer to build trust. I have 4 very good distributors in Sri Lanka and very happy with them. Could it be Sinhalese are different? I have to say they really are.

By the way your cantonese not bad. I always reserve this phrase for PAP, 死仆街咸家鏟生子没屎弗.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A guy I know followed a govt trade delegation with Minister and MPs in it and did a few cities in India. He came back a happy man as he had orders for 19 containers. In the end the Indians claimed that they thought it was on consignment basis despite being repeatedly told in writing and verbally. Of course no order was met. The guy refused to deal with Indians anymore.

Another govt delegation that included GLC chiefs and led by GCT turned out to be a dud as well. GCT gave up on India and switched to the middle east.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know when u rose to the top of the world of ur own volition and capability,u gain special insight and understanding that most of the population don't.especially not retarded bureacrats.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
神仙难赚印度钱....

That's true,only daft pap think all money is good money.selling our country out to hundreds of thousands of shitskins all for the mere sake of 20 billion of fdi?like as though SG don't have 20billion?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only our super brilliant Pap likes to deal with India.

I'm curious to know what the ROI is for all our investments there.

5 years ago i was assigned on a project there. Was just told by my ex boss that we still haven't received a single cent from those bastards. LOL

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
companies invest in india not so much for new markets, revenue and profits but mainly for cost savings or avoidance which ultimately translate to a better bottom line.

case in point: microsoft. ms had been paying contract workers from india through the big 4 indian i.t. contractors a minimum of us$60k per person per year on h1b plus another us$36k for relocation, transportation, housing, legal, training, office space and equipment. total cost per contract worker per year = us$96k. and some make more than us$69k per year on wages alone.

they decided to invest in a campus in india and hire indian workers directly in 2005, bypassing indian contract firms. they found out most of the contract workers relocated to redmond from india were paid only us$30k, half the minimum amount required by h1b law they pay the contract firms. these middlemen pocketed 50% from wages that were filed with u.s. authorities. moreover, burden on hr and admin plus associated cost in managing and shuffling workers on short term projects vs. longer term (h1b has a 6-year expiry) become worse with time as cost of living and expenses in the seattle/redmond/bellevue area spiraled upwards. solution: open a campus in india and hire 3000 workers, paying them slightly above indian wages to attract the better ones.

it has been over a decade, and the cost of expansion is contained. 3000 x $30k per year is a far cry from 3000 x $60k per year minus the surge in cost, allowances and living expenses in the seattle area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/microsoft-to-invest-17b-in-india/

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

He can be the Indian version of Tony Stark.

Actually if he go to ah Neh Land he will be treated as a foreigner. He has no connections and ah Neh guanxi so he will have a hard time. So basically the likes of him is better off investing in pommie land or Ozland or best is Singkieland...easier for him