• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Yong Soon wacked in Parliament: will he apologize ?

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been almost 2 weeks since I exposed top civil servant Mr Tan Yong Soon’s extravagant cooking trip to France on this blog and we have heard nothing from Mr Tan yet. (read my original article here)

Since my article was published, it has caused a massive furore in cyberspace which had even caught the attention of the international media. The article has also become the top hit with over 20,000 views so far.

In Parliament today, NMP Siew Kum Hong questioned the appropriateness of Mr Tan’s article in The Straits Times Life section: (read report here)

While conceding that it was Mr Tan’s own money and that ‘he has the prerogative to spend it as he sees fit’, the NMP said: ‘But in these times writing about it in the national newspaper was unnecessarily provocative and unimaginably insensitive.’

Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean, who is also the minister in charge of the Civil Service, said the feature article which was published in The Straits Times, ’showed a lack of sensitivity and was ill-judged’.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2009/01/19/when-will-we-hear-tan-yong-soons-public-apology/

jw5

Loyal
It has been almost 2 weeks since I exposed top civil servant Mr Tan Yong Soon’s extravagant cooking trip to France on this blog and we have heard nothing from Mr Tan yet. (read my original article here)

Since my article was published, it has caused a massive furore in cyberspace which had even caught the attention of the international media. The article has also become the top hit with over 20,000 views so far.

In Parliament today, NMP Siew Kum Hong questioned the appropriateness of Mr Tan’s article in The Straits Times Life section: (read report here)

While conceding that it was Mr Tan’s own money and that ‘he has the prerogative to spend it as he sees fit’, the NMP said: ‘But in these times writing about it in the national newspaper was unnecessarily provocative and unimaginably insensitive.’

Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean, who is also the minister in charge of the Civil Service, said the feature article which was published in The Straits Times, ’showed a lack of sensitivity and was ill-judged’.

http://wayangparty.com/2009/01/19/when-will-we-hear-tan-yong-soons-public-apology/
Well, if he doesn't, his boss may have to right?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add the immortal Charles Chong to the list of "soon-kena rapped-and-apologise" :mad:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add the immortal Charles Chong to the list of "soon-kena rapped-and-apologise" :mad:

It added to the list of minister's quotes that Singaporean are of "lessor mortals". Another insensitive words to describe those who were retrenched and jobless likened to a lessor quality people.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Tan Yong Soon does apologize, I think he will apologize based on the insensitivity and timing of the report. And not apologize based on his actions. :o

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont try to give yourself too much credit. His artcile was in ST and anyone could have picked it up if they bother to.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont try to give yourself too much credit. His artcile was in ST and anyone could have picked it up if they bother to.

Why do I feel wayang party seems to be claiming credit for a lot of things which are not done by them. Their only saving grace was to blow things out of proportion. :o

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Tan Yong Soon does apologize, I think he will apologize based on the insensitivity and timing of the report. And not apologize based on his actions. :o

There is nothing wrong with what Tan did. He goes on his holiday and spend his money, that is his problem. But i guess the sensitivity is lacking and he had projected or in this case, opened up how the lifestyle of top civil servants is really like and by doing so, he could find himself been alienated by both friends and co-workers as troublemaking.