• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Schools in Iskandar

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling mummies in this forum, pls share your contacts for kids ballet, piano and tuition classes. Thanks

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling mummies in this forum, pls share your contacts for kids ballet, piano and tuition classes. Thanks

For ballet, I noticed Ritz Ballet is near to where I'll be moving to (Setia Tropika) but I have not approached them yet so can't say if they're good or not nor could I comment on their studio. I'll keep this thread posted when I finally find enough energy to drop by the studio.

bravenewworld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a no brainer.

Pay the asking price and you get to send your kid to a branded UK school more renown worldwide than any of SGP's elite schools and without the PSLE stress.
Free bragging rights as having attended the same school as future Queen of England and maybe bag a royal himself/herself.

Also if yr kid is born before May, he will complete private school earlier than his peers back in SG.

Must also consider that MC provides full board and lodging - ie. they wash, iron your child's clothes, provide meals, tuition, coaching, discipline - almost everything.
It's not just tuition fees comparison. Also, should also look at your costs for Singapore school - maths tuition, Chinese tuition, enrichment programmes, and
private home tuition just to keep up with peers in Singapore. How about your time sending and fetching your child from school if he/she is not taking school bus etc.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks, pardon my ignorance but some of these schools are owned by Not for Profit companies/foundations. The fees charged seems to suggest otherwise. Am I missing something here?

Thx.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at Fairview, it appears they have two sets of fee schedules; a published fee and a promotional fee. Wondering if anyone is aware if the promotional rates will go away. The difference is very substantial.

http://www.fairview.edu.my/fairducation/school-fees/feesJB

I think the "promo fee" has been on their website for a while. I am assuming the school has every right to revise but best if you checked with them directly. Let us know if you find anything out?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks, pardon my ignorance but some of these schools are owned by Not for Profit companies/foundations. The fees charged seems to suggest otherwise. Am I missing something here?

Thx.

Can't quite comment but we all know international schools are money-generating machines :wink: That's why parents - if they were going to spend the money anyways on these schools - tend to be more picky and selective with curriculum and teaching standards.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm keen to know about good Chinese schools and their admission policies.

Can't quite comment but we all know international schools are money-generating machines :wink: That's why parents - if they were going to spend the money anyways on these schools - tend to be more picky and selective with curriculum and teaching standards.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the "promo fee" has been on their website for a while. I am assuming the school has every right to revise but best if you checked with them directly. Let us know if you find anything out?

Indeed the promo fees has been there for a while. Saw them last year and I think they have the same promo fees for their other campus. Every schools have the right to revise their fees but if the risk of a major price hike is in the future, I'd rather not take the risk. I will not have a chance to check with them in the near future but if I do find out more, I will be sure to post them here.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believed Fairview new campus will be located here, a bit hazy. :p

Fairfield.JPG

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to Marlborough College open day yesterday. Extremely impressive facility and systems! You really get what you pay for. Other international schools just can't compare.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were there too. Agreed with the superb facilities and the quality of staff they bring, including the house masters for the boarding houses.

The school master also strikes a chord with parents like us who attended and are looking for schools that is doing more than academic and is truly "holistic". I plan to register for my son who will join in 2015 and am seriously considering to let him go for full boarding.

Went to Marlborough College open day yesterday. Extremely impressive facility and systems! You really get what you pay for. Other international schools just can't compare.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Care to share the fees? Was considering malborough but hubby not too keen due to the fees :(