Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yan dao kia who exposed Encore slapping boss now lauded a hero by netizens

My Reputation Points: 4315 / Power: 11

Thumbs up Yan dao kia who exposed Encore slapping boss now lauded a hero by netizens

Intern who exposed workplace abuse lauded as 'hero'

AsiaOne
    Thursday, May 23, 2013

SINGAPORE - The intern who captured footage of a fellow intern being hit and scolded by a software firm owner has been lauded by the public for exposing the abuse.

He has been getting praise from the online community for recording the abuse and stepping forward to expose it.

But 23-year-old Yang Jie Xiang told Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao that he believed another person in a similar situation would have acted in the same way as him.

Yang put up the 17-second video on Youtube, which showed the owner of software company Encore eServices, slapping a 29-year-old university graduate.

The video has since garnered the attention of NTUC deputy Secretary-General Heng Chee How, who condemned the abuse of workers in a Facebook post. It has also attracted the Ministry of Manpower's attention, as the agency stepped forward to investigate the abuse claims.

The 29-year-old intern and his family has also since lodged a police report.

The victim's parents earlier confronted their son's supervisor, who then apologised for slapping the man. They refused to accept his apology.

Meanwhile, netizens has been heaping praises on him not just for his sense of justice but for his good looks.

The whistleblower is also garnering attention for his good looks.

One netizen,
    Lily Sng, was quoted in the Chinese daily: "Your parents must be proud of you for doing what you have to do and setting yourself as an example of being a good-looking hero."

Another netizen, Chang Murng Sing, praised Yang for being willing to step up, but commented that there were not enough of such courageous youths.

-
    [email protected]

My Reputation Points: 4315 / Power: 11

Default Re: Yan dao kia who exposed Encore slapping boss now lauded a hero by netizens

This ah boy had the courage to do the right thing.

英雄出少年!

If Sinkapore has more youth like him, there will be hope for our country!

My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 13

Default Re: Yan dao kia who exposed Encore slapping boss now lauded a hero by netizens

The victim must a vegetarian, for they move rather slowly & their brains are rather thick...go take a look at the lembu.

My Reputation Points: 2736 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    The victim must a vegetarian
    fuck the fuck vegetarian !

My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    The victim must a vegetarian, for they move rather slowly & their brains are rather thick...go take a look at the lembu.
    That pretty much describes most sinkies.

Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

TuaBui Guest

Man slapping co-worker in viral video taken by SIM student

something is wrong with SIM internship programs

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/fo...6145&p=1007299

http://www.unisim.edu.sg/Why%20UniSI...-Overview.aspx

http://www.sim.edu.sg/partnersim/pages/internships.aspx

My Reputation Points: 2118 / Power: 5

yeah man....we need citizen journalism and more whistleblowing....

expose some of these pap fucks and show them here

so we at the forum can rain some right and proper condemnation on these bastards.....
    Is there any offence committed if civil servants and MPs abuse their access to privileged government policy and profit from it??

My Reputation Points: 12289 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    This ah boy had the courage to do the right thing.

英雄出少年!

If Sinkapore has more youth like him, there will be hope for our country!
    Yah man...someone shd hav film how pinky slap dhanabalan last time...
    Sinkie are begging for extinction...lets giv em a helping hand...

My Reputation Points: 4256 / Power: 10

got whistleblower photo, got Alan's photo........why no victim's photo? He should look like a retard.......

My Reputation Points: 6782 / Power: 12

this hero must be a vegetarian...only meat eating losers abuse others and let other abuse them.

check out what meat eating abusing is:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ShNFRLCW2as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fuck You!!

Patreon: patreon.com/amosyee
    POSB SAVINGS: 124-91889-8 (Swift Code: DBSSSGSG)
    Paypal: [email protected]
    Facebook: facebook.com/amosyee2/
    Twitter: @amosyee
    Blog: amosyee.wordpress.com
    Youtube: youtube.com/brainandbutter

My Reputation Points: 2736 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    this hero must be a vegetarian...

My Reputation Points: 1170 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    this hero must be a vegetarian...only meat eating losers abuse others and let other abuse them.

check out what meat eating abusing is:
    Fucking crap from PETA.

My Reputation Points: 217 / Power: 0

Hail the hero!

If he is borned a decade earlier, he probably would be the person filming the real evidence on LHL slapping the Thanan-ba-nan....

I am not giving people ideas to edit the video - disclaimer.

My Reputation Points: 2894 / Power: 10

Yang Jie Siang shd be a ah tiong kia.
    FTrashs are killing Singaporeans.......

Precision, Speed, Accuracy

My Reputation Points: 308 / Power: 0

It is about time someone come forward with a slapping video since the Dhanabalan incident.

My Reputation Points: 4487 / Power: 13

Such a small company, and yet so many 'interns'.

Someone should stop predatory small companies from getting 'interns'... who are nothing more than a source of cheap labour to be exploited.

My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

By sinkie standards, just about any foreigner is good looking.

Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

THat is why I see these parasitic SMEs as the crap of the Singapore Business community. They are also PAP supporters...part of the 60% that is keeping us under PAP tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by laksaboy View Post
    Such a small company, and yet so many 'interns'.

Someone should stop predatory small companies from getting 'interns'... who are nothing more than a source of cheap labour to be exploited.

My Reputation Points: 8890 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by sleaguepunter View Post
    Yang Jie Siang shd be a ah tiong kia.
    If he's FT, you think the MSM will not take this opportunity to promote the gabernment's pets?
    还我河山

My Reputation Points: 465 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Tuayapeh View Post
    yeah man....we need citizen journalism and more whistleblowing....

expose some of these pap fucks and show them here

so we at the forum can rain some right and proper condemnation on these bastards.....
    $2 company with a staff of four can get internship program wiith SIM!!!!!!!! what fark up SIM co-ordinator!!!
    I smell a rat here.
    obviously somebody got some kick backs from this $2 compaany for a life long supply of slave labour. think about it. suddenly supervisor exposed as the owner!!!! very suspicious. and initally SIM coordinator was dragging it feet.
    Call MOM to investigate NOT only him BUT SIM and all those involved in the internship progam. whay so pally with such a crap $2 company???? in singapore there are thousands of billion dollar companies ot chose internship why SIM tie up with this $2 company for a life long supply of slave labour????? was corruption involved??? was somebody in SIM also related to SIM also related to this Alan shithead. real crap SIM co-ordinators. they were even reluctant to do anything until the news went viral due tothe real hero.
    http://www.sim.edu.sg/partnersim/pages/internships.aspx[/QUOTE]

Thread Information