• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public Toiltets Deteriorate As More FTrash Land!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>Shamed by state of our public loos
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ with interest about public toilets in Singapore - and could not agree more with Mr Eric J. Brooks ('Shameful state of our loos spreads to malls', Aug 2).
I recently returned to Singapore while on nine-month maternity leave in Britain, and I have a four-year-old and a five-month-old baby.
Each time I go out with my older daughter, I dread the thought that she will ask me to take her to a public toilet - she drinks so much water in this heat. The main reason is they are never clean, especially those in old coffee shops or old shopping malls. Luckily, I always remember to take packets of wet wipes and tissues.
As an overseas Singaporean, I always promote Singapore to friends, but now, seeing the state of our public toilets, I can't help but feel ashamed. Apart from no toilet paper provided - or provided at a price - there is the stench and rubbish left behind. Some toilets are flooded too. I wonder if there is a 'cleanliness person' from the Government to check toilets in such places.
Having said all this, I must commend the public toilets in Ang Mo Kio Hub, which are clean, and the mall even provides a wonderful babycare room which many malls don't. There is always a cleaner on standby outside the toilet on each level.
The lack of babycare rooms is another thing I have noted. I am surprised that many malls (or fast-food restaurants) do not provide such rooms. Have they forgotten to meet a basic need of mothers with young children? Most toilets for the disabled are either not in use or very dirty.
I hope to see some improvement in the public toilets when I return next year for my annual visit to this wonderful and friendly country.
Lilian Thomas (Mrs)

<HR width="50%" SIZE=1>
'I saw an elderly man taking a toilet roll from a public toilet. He claimed he was not the only one doing it.'

MR JEFFREY LAW: 'While mall owners are partly to blame for the sorry state of their loos, the real culprits are the inconsiderate users. At a Hougang mall recently, I saw an elderly man taking a toilet roll from a public toilet. He claimed he was not the only one doing it. Why would operators restock toilet rolls only to have them disappear so soon?'

'A cleaner said his supervisor told him to provide soap dispensers only when customers ask for them.'
MR ZAINUDDIN MOHAMED ISMAIL: 'It is not possible for restaurants and coffee shops to have clean food if the toilets used by their workers are lacking in the basic facilities and hygiene. I was shocked when a cleaner at a shopping complex said his supervisor told him to provide soap dispensers only when customers ask for them.'

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
now everything is auto and sense by sensors.
so when they went to those toilets that still using manual flush,they forget about it.

those FT,the toilets in their homeland is still not so high-tech mah.

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
We must understand that the toilets are dirty because we use it.

That is to say Singaporeans are dirty :eek:

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
We must understand that the toilets are dirty because we use it.

That is to say Singaporeans are dirty :eek:

u mean toilets are make dirt after u used them!
For goodness sake flush the toilet after use so that others can use them!

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
the toilets are dirtier in spore cause they have been used more freq. Lots of people in and out every min.

in european countries, the usage is lower and they also charge a exorbitant fee ie 1 euros or 50 pences for the use of the toilet. with that kind of money of course the toilets are cleaner