• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAS appoints ex East German spy and informant as national coach?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows what happen to Richard Bok formerly coach of SAFFC?

Think he won a couple of S League titles with SAFFC when he was in charge.. IMO, he's a local coach with potential but as usual kena sidelined thanks to FAS FT policy..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fandi tulan with FAS for many reasons.. So he's out of their selection.. Only hope is with Sundram.. But they just want Sundram to concentrate on the Malaysia Cup squad..
there are many local talents actually. why need to hire a overpaid no local experience ang moh for this position? :(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for a start, i recommend a navy seal hells week as an appetizer for those who want to be in national squad. those cannot tahan, fuck off.

but those can make it mudt have mp salaries or ministar salaries. only like that then we can dream on.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP politicians should not be appointed guardian of our National Game..

We need passionate and genuine fans like N Ganesan, Patrick Ang, Teo Hock Seng and not shorty fucktards from the PAP like MBT and Zainudin..

Precisely, I really hate the politicalization of the game here. WTF does Mah Bow Tan and Zainudin Nordin know about football?
Pardon the pun but our national game should not be a 'political football' to be tossed around for the fun of it.

Let's try and keep sport and politics separate.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Precisely, I really hate the politicalization of the game here. WTF does Mah Bow Tan and Zainudin Nordin know about football?
Pardon the pun but our national game should not be a 'political football' to be tossed around for the fun of it.

Football unites and galvanize people.......you think vile white scums will pass up any chance to get into the people's good books and some free publicity?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Football unites and galvanize people.......you think vile white scums will pass up any chance to get into the people's good books and some free publicity?
nw, for a start, people or fans must be siao or ba in thai. in order for this to happen, must have real good players. real good players either born good or trained.

i believe sinkees can do it without angmoh help.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with Narong.. PAP knows that football is the most popular sport in S'pore..

One of the way to enter the hearts of S'poreans is to get involve with football.. If not mistaken, after the end of Ganesan's tenure, PAP have been appointing their MPs and Ministers as the FAS presidents..

It started with a retired Malay major from the SAF who was just an ordinary MP.. They then appointed another Malay MP from Bishan.. Shorty Mah and Ho Peng Kee were then roped in as advisors..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows what happen to Richard Bok formerly coach of SAFFC?

Think he won a couple of S League titles with SAFFC when he was in charge.. IMO, he's a local coach with potential but as usual kena sidelined thanks to FAS FT policy..

Let the kraut screw up first then maybe fas recruitment committee will wake up.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP govt bureaucrats love to poke their nose into football, but refuse to meaningfully fund it in anyway to develop the sport.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If only the Govt had funded the FAS as much as they fund a fraction of the MINDEF budget each year, we would probably have one of the best teams in Asia in terms of players, manager,support staff, youth academy and infrastructure.
When I see teams like Syria, Bangladesh, even Myanmar above us in the FIFA rankings, it just makes me want to vomit blood. Having said that, I would love to see more Sinkies getting behind their National team and one day I hope to see Jalan Besar filled to capacity for competitive games before the new stadium at the Sports Hub is up.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
you really dont get what i am saying.
his appointment is confirm. what can u do about it?
are you going to protest? why not give him a chance..

Why not? Being a supporter and being disappointed by your team are not mutually exclusive events. Any Liverpool fan since the 80s knows what I'm talking about.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
if i could chose a guy to be the national coach, it will be fergie,
but then i reckon some liverpool supporters wont be too happy and that fergie wouldnt want to come too.

my point is simple, the FAS chose the best of the available lot who applied for the job.
and that guy happens to be Bernd Stange..

now if you look at Radojko Avramović managing record and then compare it to Bernd Stange
you will probably agree that Bernd Stange is an improvement, not a big name though and somewhat a dodgy character.
but judge him on his on-field record, not his off-field record, it is also not his fault that he was being appointed.
so why slate him off even before he start work..
slate him and FAS off if he fails to deliver, for now he deserved sinkies full support.

here are the 2 singapore national coaches record.

Radojko Avramović ( hey, this guy wasnt a big name too, but didnt he bring some glory to sinkieland?)
Oman
2002–2003 Kuwait
2003–2012 Singapore

Bernd Stange
1970–1971 Carl Zeiss Jena (youth team)
1971–1976 Carl Zeiss Jena (assistant)
1976–1978 Carl Zeiss Jena
1978–1980 East Germany U21
1980–1982 East Germany (assistant)
1982–1984 East Germany (Olympic)
1984–1988 East Germany
1988–1991 Carl Zeiss Jena
1991–1992 Hertha BSC
1993–1994 VfB Leipzig
1995–1996 Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
1996–1997 CSKA Kiev
1997–1998 Carl Zeiss Jena
1998–2001 Perth Glory
2001 Oman
2002–2004 Iraq
2005–2007 Apollon Limassol
2007–2011 Belarus
2013-Present Singapore

Thanks for the info sexy one, I had totally forgotten Butcher once managed Sunderland.

But that Perth Glory Stint for Stange, hmmmmmmmmm.............................. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Radojko Avramović ( hey, this guy wasnt a big name too, but didnt he bring some glory to sinkieland?)
Oman
2002–2003 Kuwait
2003–2012 Singapore

Raddy played for Notts County as their goalkeeper in the former English First Division which was the equivalent of the current day Barclay's Premier League. He was the first choice keeper for the former Yugoslavia national team at one time.
He was also mentioned in Ian Rush's autobiography, aptly entitled "Rush". :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
mate, are you saying you will put raddy in the "good coach" category because he has played in england and for Yugoslavia?
Ian rush was a great player, he turned out to a shit coach.

Raddy played for Notts County as their goalkeeper in the former English First Division which was the equivalent of the current day Barclay's Premier League. He was the first choice keeper for the former Yugoslavia national team at one time.
He was also mentioned in Ian Rush's autobiography, aptly entitled "Rush". :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
mate, are you saying you will put raddy in the "good coach" category because he has played in england and for Yugoslavia?
Ian rush was a great player, he turned out to a shit coach.

Not necessarily a good coach.
But definitely a good footballer in his day.
My personal opinion about Raddy is that he wasn't bad as a coach, but if possible, they should have gone local first.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
agree mate, he isnt bad at all.
Stange could turn out either way just like when raddy was first appoint, Stange could turn out better, who knows,
so i dont understand why sinkies are so quick to slate him off even before he start work.
oh yea i got it, it is call sinkie behaviour. :smile:

Not necessarily a good coach.
But definitely a good footballer in his day.
My personal opinion about Raddy is that he wasn't bad as a coach, but if possible, they should have gone local first.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you really dont get what i am saying.
his appointment is confirm. what can u do about it?
are you going to protest? why not give him a chance..

Why can't I express my opinion?

I can bitch about all the BPL/La liga/Serie A/Bundasliga teams but not the FAS Lions?

Please help me.... I'm really lost here ...

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
of course you can..but dont expect everyone to agree with you.

btw, is this the line you take with someone disagrees with you?
I'm not even slagging you off personally, like you hit it on stange ..
I'm taking a different view point, that's all
Get over it and dont engage in a debate if you cant handle it.

Why can't I express my opinion?

I can bitch about all the BPL/La liga/Serie A/Bundasliga teams but not the FAS Lions?

Please help me.... I'm really lost here ...

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree mate, he isnt bad at all.
Stange could turn out either way just like when raddy was first appoint, Stange could turn out better, who knows,
so i dont understand why sinkies are so quick to slate him off even before he start work.
oh yea i got it, it is call sinkie behaviour. :smile:

Raddy is a coach who specializes in prehistoric long ball and time-wasting tactics. Our football has regressed under him.

Raddy's success was built on the FTs. No FTs=no trophies. Simple as that.