• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that bad la. If singaporean buy for retirement, i think is good. Seaview, great facilities, high class and safe. Really not a bad idea.

Correction.
There's no sea in front of JB, only a dirty straits, so where got Seaview?
And worse, Country Garden is located on the river mouth of the heavily polluted Sungei Skudai.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agreed, future public transport route still not yet drawn, and they are like building as if the whole system already completed to allow each day double the amount of ppl to and fro to singapore. One of the thing buyers bet on is future public transport, suay suay dint pass thru, every buyers there will be rugi. But again, price will be different when everything on place....eg see bukit indah ppty price before and after coastal highway.

Demand will shift tremendously if everything in place...but malaysia executing ability, 30 yrs also dunno got chance or not. Buy now also dunno who to sell or rent to.

Whenever I brought up the question to the property agents or marketer regarding Who to rent/sell to, lack of this and that, their standard answer would always be this: Do you want to wait until everything is in place then buy? By then, prices will be so much higher.

With or without the transportation planned, the buildings of CG feel too cramped up. Hard to breathe.

All these very expensive condos (Johor standard) I think safest is to buy for your own stay. To keep it or try to invest, there are many uncertainties, especially if you're a foreigner.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction.
There's no sea in front of JB, only a dirty straits, so where got Seaview?
And worse, Country Garden is located on the river mouth of the heavily polluted Sungei Skudai.

As long as got water, can liao. I realize many Singaporeans are pitiful. They look out of window and always see other concrete blocks and roads. Very boring. That's why even if can see longkang, they happy. And such properties command higher prices in SG. The developers will call their condo projects something-something Bay/River/Waterfront etc.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as got water, can liao. I realize many Singaporeans are pitiful. They look out of window and always see other concrete blocks and roads. Very boring. That's why even if can see longkang, they happy. And such properties command higher prices in SG. The developers will call their condo projects something-something Bay/River/Waterfront etc.

If Bin Centre also can be classy, long kang also can, just give it a nice sounding name!:biggrin:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still have confidence in JB, in the longer term of course.
JB will flourish one day, albeit at a slower pace.
Whatever Sg does, My can replicate in some way.
Sg has a master planner – URA, therefore we have well planned towns.
JB lacks the overall town planner, each landlord is free to build their own projects.
Hence it may lead to overbuilding of some developments in some sectors.
In the longer term, brick and mortar still holds some value compared to some other bad investments which may just disappear or may have evaporated in thin air.
If we cannot see it happening in our life time, pass on to the 2nd generation or 3rd generation to reap the fruits.
Maybe treat the investment as being buried in a time capsule?
Meanwhile, do whatever you want to do while waiting for it to bear fruits, but don’t be out of the picture.
Just don’t expect too much too soon!
The China Chinese have big appetites, have guts and $. They do things differently!
Same here in Sg. We do not lack local developers but why bought by China developer?
Shunfu Ville was sold for S$638 million marking the third largest en bloc by quantum here. Each owner of the 358-unit condo, which lies less than 200 metres from Marymount MRT Station, stands to get around S$1.78 million. It is buyer Qingjian Realty's first en bloc purchase in Singapore since it began developing projects in Singapore eight years ago, and it succeeded with an offer that was below the reserve price of S$688 million.
So much has been spoken, and so much has been done, just let it happen and let nature takes its course. Although we very much want to make it happen the way we want, but its beyond our means! Things will fall into place when the time comes! 天时地利人合. So don't worry, just be happy!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still have confidence in JB, in the longer term of course.
JB will flourish one day, albeit at a slower pace.
Whatever Sg does, My can replicate in some way.
Sg has a master planner – URA, therefore we have well planned towns.
JB lacks the overall town planner, each landlord is free to build their own projects.
Hence it may lead to overbuilding of some developments in some sectors.
In the longer term, brick and mortar still holds some value compared to some other bad investments which may just disappear or may have evaporated in thin air.
If we cannot see it happening in our life time, pass on to the 2nd generation or 3rd generation to reap the fruits.
Maybe treat the investment as being buried in a time capsule?
Meanwhile, do whatever you want to do while waiting for it to bear fruits, but don’t be out of the picture.
Just don’t expect too much too soon!
The China Chinese have big appetites, have guts and $. They do things differently!
Same here in Sg. We do not lack local developers but why bought by China developer?
Shunfu Ville was sold for S$638 million marking the third largest en bloc by quantum here. Each owner of the 358-unit condo, which lies less than 200 metres from Marymount MRT Station, stands to get around S$1.78 million. It is buyer Qingjian Realty's first en bloc purchase in Singapore since it began developing projects in Singapore eight years ago, and it succeeded with an offer that was below the reserve price of S$688 million.
So much has been spoken, and so much has been done, just let it happen and let nature takes its course. Although we very much want to make it happen the way we want, but its beyond our means! Things will fall into place when the time comes! 天时地利人合. So don't worry, just be happy!

Actually MY has all the 天时地利人合 but didn't know how to capitalise on it.
There are so much natural resources in the country and even from rain water and without having to do a thing, they are getting millions$$ yearly.

When they saw the success of the new Changi airport, they spent billions$$ to build the new KLIA and the end result years later ?
When they saw the success of the PSA they went on to build a new port, the Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) with came complete with a mega financial scandal and the end result years later?
When they saw the success of Temasek, they went on to form 1MDB and years later, it didn't earned a cent but got into billions$$$ in debt and you can see the horrendous results now as it became the biggest kleptocracy case of the century.
It is easy to emulate but LKY had once said that whatever mega project you build, it is only the hardware, you need the proper software to run it efficiently.
And he was right on the dot.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually MY has all the 天时地利人合 but didn't know how to capitalise on it.
There are so much natural resources in the country and even from rain water and without having to do a thing, they are getting millions$$ yearly.

When they saw the success of the new Changi airport, they spent billions$$ to build the new KLIA and the end result years later ?
When they saw the success of the PSA they went on to build a new port, the Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) with came complete with a mega financial scandal and the end result years later?
When they saw the success of Temasek, they went on to form 1MDB and years later, it didn't earned a cent but got into billions$$$ in debt and you can see the horrendous results now as it became the biggest kleptocracy case of the century.
It is easy to emulate but LKY had once said that whatever mega project you build, it is only the hardware, you need the proper software to run it efficiently.
And he was right on the dot.

Well, at least they tried mah! :rolleyes:

If they did not try to emulate Singapore, people also keep comparing between MY and SG and say MY lag far behind and should at least try to copy SG. Yet when MY try to copy but not as successful (whether due to poor governance or bad governance) people will also pui chao nua. :confused:

In my view, there will ALWAYS be something negative to say about something if one is prejudiced towards something. As shared before, some people love JB while others love JB.:wink:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, at least they tried mah! :rolleyes:

If they did not try to emulate Singapore, people also keep comparing between MY and SG and say MY lag far behind and should at least try to copy SG. Yet when MY try to copy but not as successful (whether due to poor governance or bad governance) people will also pui chao nua. :confused:

In my view, there will ALWAYS be something negative to say about something if one is prejudiced towards something. As shared before, some people love JB while others love JB.:wink:

Haha, Singaporean talking like a true blue Malaysian..........you are truly localised already.
Aren't you grateful that you were brought up and educated in SG, got a SG flat to collect rent and still earning S$ now and using it to pay your properties in JB??

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, Singaporean talking like a true blue Malaysian..........you are truly localised already.

Very much so...LOL!

Uhh...what makes you think I am being ungrateful to SG? :confused: Don't get me wrong. I love SG...clean and functioning...I walked the streets of Orchard Road last Friday night until almost midnight and still so happening with young people everywhere. In JB maybe only Taman Sentosa is happening but it's a day and night difference in terms of activities and sights and and sound. LOL!

Only problem is, I am so used to spending in RM that I feel the pinch of even spending S$20 on a meal for one person, when I can feed my whole family with that same amount in JB.:o

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long long time never use this road already.. then i tot i'm in Bukit Panjang......Oops..is CG.:p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long long time never use this road already.. then i tot i'm in Bukit Panjang......Oops..is CG.:p

Someone even said its like Hongkong, packed like sardines.
But I do admire the efficiency of this China contractor, the speed of construction and site control is almost regimental but the quality is yet to see.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy whatever you like, if you have too many feedback, you end up not buying.

My first viewing of CGDB unit, we just like it and bought it on the spot, even though we are going to spend 6 months here and 6 months back.:biggrin:

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden's owner hiding wealth in Cyprus

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-...-chinas-rich-led-asias-richest-woman-revealed

Among the more than 500 approved Chinese applicants, the broadcaster provided eight names, led by Yang Huiyan, a principal owner of Chinese property developer Country Garden. Yang was named by Forbes as the sixth-richest woman in the world in 2020 with a fortune of US$20.3 billion. Country Garden did not reply to multiple requests for comment.

Once a Chinese national obtains foreign citizenship, it can result in the automatic loss of their Chinese citizenship, as China does not recognize dual-nationality.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden's owner hiding wealth in Cyprus

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-...-chinas-rich-led-asias-richest-woman-revealed

Among the more than 500 approved Chinese applicants, the broadcaster provided eight names, led by Yang Huiyan, a principal owner of Chinese property developer Country Garden. Yang was named by Forbes as the sixth-richest woman in the world in 2020 with a fortune of US$20.3 billion. Country Garden did not reply to multiple requests for comment.

Once a Chinese national obtains foreign citizenship, it can result in the automatic loss of their Chinese citizenship, as China does not recognize dual-nationality.
Once you achieve certain level of finance, Nationality to you is not that utmost important.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20230312_193154.jpg
IMG_20230312_193707.jpg
IMG_20230312_194621.jpg
IMG_20230312_194634.jpg
IMG_20230312_194153.jpg

Honey

Its overpriced and over selling. The unit's renovations and fitting are even lower than HDB standard. The developers are currently being sued by people who bought their units. No news yet on the outcome, yet.
Court proceedings underway, standby for it before you make your way to buy it. Refer to a report dated 09 Feb 2023 from Free Malaysia Today

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a HDB 3 rm flat for that price of danga meaning 900 ringgit or 300 sgd. I can assure you your danga condo is better, 50 year old HDB stink and it is horrid condition. 50 years old and never renovated, The unit has no view and common corridor window is open all by walkers. Singaporean should stopped exaggerating the greatness of HDB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a HDB 3 rm flat for that price of danga meaning 900 ringgit or 300 sgd. I can assure you your danga condo is better, 50 year old HDB stink and it is horrid condition. 50 years old and never renovated, The unit has no view and common corridor window is open all by walkers. Singaporean should stopped exaggerating the greatness of HDB

50yrs? No need so long. Wait till the condo reach 20yrs. Then let us know hows the condition of Dagang condo. Lol.