• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, how to tell if those at the sales gallery are Malaysians or not? :smile: but as jerry said, I do see a lot of them are more interested in the carnival and to jalan jalan only.

this project was pre-released much earlier in China than any of us in Malaysia/Singapore at much lower prices. From reported 50% china buyers initially to now <10%? How can the numbers reduce so drastically? They all flipped like crazy??

something fishy.... I think it's more like many have lost interest to buy when they heard it will be crowded with PRC residents next time. So the dev changed the statistics?

If they all flip now, then it is just transfer booking. Normally it is not allowed by developers but with CG, you never know what will happen. Every developer have their own policies and who know the loop holes other than the sales agent themselves?

So the HYPE goes on...50% presold..all sea facing units sold......only to revise to 10% presold and sea facing units are available if you got the "adminstration" money for transfer. Frankly speaking, many people were excited with this China developer who is one of the big time developer in China..it must be better than local developers. What can go wrong?

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway it's now up to CG to deliver. If the project turns out well I may consider renting a high floor unit for early retirement.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they all flip now, then it is just transfer booking. Normally it is not allowed by developers but with CG, you never know what will happen. Every developer have their own policies and who know the loop holes than the sales agent themselves?

So the HYPE goes on...50% presold..all sea facing units sold......only to revise to 10% presold and sea facing units are available if you got the "adminstration" money for transfer. Frankly speaking, many people were excited with this China developer who is one of the big time developer in China..it must be better than local developers. What can go wrong?

I'm sure the developer knows it. They allow it probably to also give a false impression to the public the units are selling like hot cakes. Imagine without all the hype, out of 9000+ units, say only 1000-2000 confirmed sold in a month. Malu man! The 8000+ reported are not sold units strictly speaking. It's just number of bookings made. Many seem to be more interested to make a quick profit rather than wanting to buy a place there probably because of the uncertainties involved.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
now that u guys are talking abt flipping, I remember the agent telling me the booking fee of RM5k is refundable if I did not like the showflat.

so I suspect that is what is happening now. all these bad ppl booked the max units allowed. try to flip before SPA date, otherwise they get their booking fee back.

sounds logical?

if I am rite, then the actual number of ppl who would exercise may well be very small.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup. totally. it's madness. it's the developer's lack of stringent rules for their own benefit and/or they are afraid they can't get the numbers? So the flippers created a false market value for the property.

When the flippers finally can't find buyers who have eventually lost patience or interest in the project, the developers get to take back the units, and in turn, sell them at much much higher prices. When this happens, the flippers are indirectly helping the developer to suppress the sale at the initial stages from genuine buyers, then sell at much higher prices late on, which by then, unless one is taken in by all the false glamour, nobody will be interested to buy any more.

Downside of all these? It cheapens the whole condo, the market worth of the condos is much higher than they really are (problems renting or selling for some time) and no one (except the developer) will ever know the real demographics of the buyers. Buyers may very well end up living with a particular group of nationality they don't really like (no points for guessing who!)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My 2 cents worth, most of the foreign buyers are no longer PRCs and 80% did not turn up for signing when folks went over there to get their paperwork done. This was from my earlier postings on CG in another thread. Heard nearby projects were affected by CG as folks in Capri/Tropez had quite a few withdrawals as a result of CG's media advertisements.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha lemans 2011, damn joker..gd one,as for tangwei any one got of shot of her at CG? Can post here? U ppl are so lucky can touch,Tony liang never scold you ah?

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was not a 2 cents worth. It gave a very important piece of information. It shows that there is false impression about this development. Not too long ago, I already posted that if prc do not even stay in their 'ghost towns', what makes us think that they will come over to iskandar to stay. I strongly believe that this CG development will damage iskandar reputation..

My 2 cents worth, most of the foreign buyers are no longer PRCs and 80% did not turn up for signing when folks went over there to get their paperwork done. This was from my earlier postings on CG in another thread. Heard nearby projects were affected by CG as folks in Capri/Tropez had quite a few withdrawals as a result of CG's media advertisements.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the bloggers here rightly questioned the hype created for CG. Was told by one of my colleagues that while signing on S&P he realized that there were no specs mentioned about actual unit of purchase. Meaning what u see in show units are just for display. You won't know what actually u would get. Be it flooring, tiles, size, interior, equipments, car park ..... Nothing is indicated in document. Most likely buyers who signed on the dotted lines without actually going into details are more likely to get shock of their lives when they actually collect keys...

This is in contrast to SG condo where every details are captured in S&P...

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know what's the actual % sold, given that many didn't turn up for the SPA, which I heard is all due to be signed in Sep?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the bloggers here rightly questioned the hype created for CG. Was told by one of my colleagues that while signing on S&P he realized that there were no specs mentioned about actual unit of purchase. Meaning what u see in show units are just for display. You won't know what actually u would get. Be it flooring, tiles, size, interior, equipments, car park ..... Nothing is indicated in document. Most likely buyers who signed on the dotted lines without actually going into details are more likely to get shock of their lives when they actually collect keys...

This is in contrast to SG condo where every details are captured in S&P...

I think not too bad lah. Chinese developers in Singapore gave quite good furnishing.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think not too bad lah. Chinese developers in Singapore gave quite good furnishing.

I think its quite amazing that the project is launched when reclaimation works are still in progress.
Reclaimed land should be allowed to settle and consolidate naturally for years and in example like Marina Square and Marina Sands, they were built more than 15 years after the reclaimation.
In CG's case, you can see that they are using sand for reclaimation which I was told, takes longer to consolidate.
With the haste to build so soon in CG, later you will see ugly uneven settlement, potholes, cracks and all kinds of defects surfacing all over the place.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its quite amazing that the project is launched when reclaimation works are still in progress.
Reclaimed land should be allowed to settle and consolidate naturally for years and in example like Marina Square and Marina Sands, they were built more than 15 years after the reclaimation.
In CG's case, you can see that they are using sand for reclaimation which I was told, takes longer to consolidate.
With the haste to build so soon in CG, later you will see ugly uneven settlement, potholes, cracks and all kinds of defects surfacing all over the place.

Eh... These words sound very familiar. I swear I read them before somewhere. Did you cut and past them?

I guess CG buyers did their homework or have that "leap of faith" before they buy....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are wrong....

A lot of buyers buy without doing homework.

I doubt a lot of buyers knew it is build on reclaimed land.

Eh... These words sound very familiar. I swear I read them before somewhere. Did you cut and past them?

I guess CG buyers did their homework or have that "leap of faith" before they buy....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong....

You are right, many buy by just looking at the glossy brochure, slick video presentation, nice scaled model of the project and maybe the nicely furnished show-flat.
The most important considerations are usually the price, location, accessibility, security, ability to appreciate in value soon, etc.
Problems about reclaimed land is furthest away from their mind.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've encountered many buyers who know. There is even a specially created group forum for all CG owners. Mention the reclaimed land is unsafe and you will likely be told off.

So like I said, they either have found out the truth from some experts, which we probably won't know completely but only speculate the project as being risky or dangerous because it's built so soon on "reclaimed land". Or they take a "leap of faith" thinking that since it's a very huge project by a well-known developer from China, it should be safe.

Only time will tell if it will be as bad as some of us imagined.

You are wrong....

Last edited: