• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont doubt that country garden has done its due diligence and checked the site with civil engineers and.others to.ensure the land is safe to be build on. Call me old fashioned but i still believe in the classical supply and demand which has proven to have worked most of the time except for some abnormal goods. Right now if u do a search on pptyguru for recentlly completted condos like sky executive at bukit indah, there are already quite a lot of listings for units to sell. I can imagine the listing for this project will be overwhelming when its near conpletion

Yes, the supply will be huge so how to stand out from the pack ?

If we analyse deeper , we will come to the conclusion that certain type of units will be in short supply and in higher demand....that is those direct sea facing ones , especially high floors ones..imagine sipping your wine and looking out into the open sea after a hard day's work...and u can imagine how good is the wind at such lofty heights :smile: and if u want to buy something, just wear your flipflops and take a stroll to the nearby shopping mall .

How can any other condo beat this in JB at the moment ? :wink:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

If we analyse deeper , we will come to the conclusion that certain type of units will be in short supply and in higher demand....that is those direct sea facing ones , especially high floors ones..imagine sipping your wine and looking out into the open sea after a hard day's work...and u can imagine how good is the wind at such lofty heights :smile: and if u want to buy something, just wear your flipflops and take a stroll to the nearby shopping mall .

Sounds like Batu Feringgi in Penang.

Come to think about it, one could always lease a unit to try out and so as not to miss the life style, even if one misses the boat buying now. While we could not rent a wife to try out first this one certainly can.

I also think quite likely there would be a C-wave coming in ten or so years down the road, just like the K-wave and J -wave before. China just needs to come out with some nice gadgets, few nice make of cars, nice movies, musics and bands and package younger generation of PRC better just like the Japanese and Koreans. Then CG would be a very happening place.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like Batu Feringgi in Penang.

Come to think about it, one could always lease a unit to try out and so as not to miss the life style, even if one misses the boat buying now. While we could not rent a wife to try out first this one certainly can.

I also think quite likely there would be a C-wave coming in ten or so years down the road, just like the K-wave and J -wave before. China just needs to come out with some nice gadgets, few nice make of cars, nice movies, musics and bands and package younger generation of PRC better just like the Japanese and Koreans. Then CG would be a very happening place.

I think the C wave may come sooner than we think. With reputable agencies like iproperty HK in the picture selling to the PRC, our condos ( esp waterfront ones or "yi sian hai jin" ) will find another huge buyer source :smile:

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tropez, Capri, brunsfield, paragon residence have straits view units too. The PH condos have too. The older condos like Petri, Aloha, Stulang View, Wadihana, Danga View also have (these are in a different class of course and facilities etc are inferior to the new ones but their strengths are space and low psf). Of course if you put aside the supply/demand effect and focus on the pool of PRC buyers with deep pockets, any decent condo will be appealing to them since they will snap up anything. if you shift your focus to the pool of “generic” investors with tighter budget who are looking at far more options that are vying for their attention, I would say CG is not an easy sell

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every buyer has his own justification. There is no disputing yours. To me, one tell-tale sign of how easy a property can be flipped is to observe the developer's marketing strategy.

On the end is when locals rush in to buy without needing to even advertise. To me, this will be a good sign. Don't think people will dispute this.

On the other extreme, the developer ferries in prospective foreign buyers, or sell it in other countries. These, I have to watch out. If the developer does at these when the selling price is at the lowest, I wonder how, as an individual, can I flip my investment (1) by targeting the same demographics of buyers (mostly foreigners), (2) without prominent marketing, and (3) at a higher price.

Don't talk about CG, I myself am worried about my landed property purchase.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tropez, Capri, brunsfield, paragon residence have straits view units too. The PH condos have too. The older condos like Petri, Aloha, Stulang View, Wadihana, Danga View also have (these are in a different class of course and facilities etc are inferior to the new ones but their strengths are space and low psf). Of course if you put aside the supply/demand effect and focus on the pool of PRC buyers with deep pockets, any decent condo will be appealing to them since they will snap up anything. if you shift your focus to the pool of “generic” investors with tighter budget who are looking at far more options that are vying for their attention, I would say CG is not an easy sell

The other condos do not have the long stretch of man made beach nor a 9 floor shopping mall within easy walking distance. You can actually just take the lift to downstairs and just walk to the beach. It's really that convenient.

Talking abt sea views, not all the condos u mentioned hv direct sea view. eq Capri and Tropez are blocked by Brunsfield. PH has only marina view at best . The older condos also dun hv as far as I know. Only Brunsfield has direct sea view or what the PRC call yi sian hai jin but they are selling at 1.2 k psf at least ? and the straits of Johore at Brunsfield is narrower than the one at CG, hence less beautiful.

believe it or not, I already have pple offering to buy my unit at COV of above 25K S$ :wink:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every buyer has his own justification. There is no disputing yours. To me, one tell-tale sign of how easy a property can be flipped is to observe the developer's marketing strategy.

On the end is when locals rush in to buy without needing to even advertise. To me, this will be a good sign. Don't think people will dispute this.

On the other extreme, the developer ferries in prospective foreign buyers, or sell it in other countries. These, I have to watch out. If the developer does at these when the selling price is at the lowest, I wonder how, as an individual, can I flip my investment (1) by targeting the same demographics of buyers (mostly foreigners), (2) without prominent marketing, and (3) at a higher price.

Don't talk about CG, I myself am worried about my landed property purchase.

well, perhaps it is because they are relatively unknown in MY and S'pore that they need to do the heavy advertising ? I dun think we can expect the locals to flock to a developmt by a foreigner when they dunno much abt them rt ? But the fact remains that the bulk of the buyers are locals now and many more are buying after they saw the actual beach and clubhse . They must hv been impressed by the quality. In fact I spoke to some of the PRC buyers and they are in full praise of CG quality, which is the main reason why they are buying. Nothing beats walking the actual ground and speaking to the folks who had experience with the developer :smile:

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other condos do not have the long stretch of man made beach nor a 9 floor shopping mall within easy walking distance. You can actually just take the lift to downstairs and just walk to the beach. It's really that convenient.

Talking abt sea views, not all the condos u mentioned hv direct sea view. eq Capri and Tropez are blocked by Brunsfield. PH has only marina view at best . The older condos also dun hv as far as I know. Only Brunsfield has direct sea view or what the PRC call yi sian hai jin but they are selling at 1.2 k psf at least ? and the straits of Johore at Brunsfield is narrower than the one at CG, hence less beautiful.

believe it or not, I already have pple offering to buy my unit at COV of above 25K S$ :wink:

the older condos - Petrie is directly facing the wide straits. Aloha towers has unblocked straits view at high floors. The shopping mall .. Well, I think it will eventually be built as planned – but if you know abt the danga walk mall, danga mall and waterfront city, you will know what I am talking about. Well I am assuming your unit is direct sea view, then I would think it is possible for ur unit to be in demand. Out of 9000+units, how many are direct sea view? How about the rest – will they command the same level of demand?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
the older condos - Petrie is directly facing the wide straits. Aloha towers has unblocked straits view at high floors. The shopping mall .. Well, I think it will eventually be built as planned – but if you know abt the danga walk mall, danga mall and waterfront city, you will know what I am talking about. Well I am assuming your unit is direct sea view, then I would think it is possible for ur unit to be in demand. Out of 9000+units, how many are direct sea view? How about the rest – will they command the same level of demand?

Nope, non direct sea facing will not be in demand. I have always been talking abt direct sea facing ones.

The older condos may be facing the sea but are they next to the sea ? ie direct sea facing. Those that when u throw a stone from yr condo, it will hit the water ? This is what we call yi sian hai jin. If not, then what happen when someone build a tall skyscraper in front ? It will be like what happened to Tropez . Good bye to yr sea view.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, non direct sea facing will not be in demand. I have always been talking abt direct sea facing ones.

The older condos may be facing the sea but are they next to the sea ? ie direct sea facing. Those that when u throw a stone from yr condo, it will hit the water ? This is what we call yi sian hai jin. If not, then what happen when someone build a tall skyscraper in front ? It will be like what happened to Tropez . Good bye to yr sea view.

The older condos may not be right next to the sea but they are spacious (e.g. Aloha 1700sqf above, Petrie I think 1200 onwards) with psf lesser than half of CG. And they have much lower density.

Though you are talking abt purely direct sea view units, when you buy a project, you buy the ambience, you buy the neighbours, you buy the location etc. The fact is there is still 9000 units in the project.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The older condos may not be right next to the sea but they are spacious (e.g. Aloha 1700sqf above, Petrie I think 1200 onwards) with psf lesser than half of CG. And they have much lower density.

Though you are talking abt purely direct sea view units, when you buy a project, you buy the ambience, you buy the neighbours, you buy the location etc. The fact is there is still 9000 units in the project.

yes and u also buy the wonderful beach and shopping amenities and crucial assurance of permanent sea view...

the older condos, when u look out of yr windows, u see not the straits but other things like low lying structures, roads , grass , etc at the foreground that may not be so interesting and scenic...

Last edited:

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will see 4 years later

If one has the mindset that the shopping mall will be sg standard, 9 floors of retail space, will be massively disappointed. Case in point, KSL city feels like a low class shopping center. And that is open to the public. What about CG?
What are the tenants going to sell? Maybe one supermarket. Who are they going to sell to? 9000 units of residents with less than half occupied or weekend/annual homes for most? Will there be tenants selling to half empty residences?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one has the mindset that the shopping mall will be sg standard, 9 floors of retail space, will be massively disappointed. Case in point, KSL city feels like a low class shopping center. And that is open to the public. What about CG?
What are the tenants going to sell? Maybe one supermarket. Who are they going to sell to? 9000 units of residents with less than half occupied or weekend/annual homes for most? Will there be tenants selling to half empty residences?

Probably 1 level for cafe and restaurants, 1 level for supermarket/retail shops and 1 level for leisure/education/banks/etc should be sufficient. About 20 units per level will make the place quite nice IMHO. 9 levels is overkill.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably 1 level for cafe and restaurants, 1 level for supermarket/retail shops and 1 level for leisure/education/banks/etc should be sufficient. About 20 units per level will make the place quite nice IMHO. 9 levels is overkill.

Question is, will business be sustainable with more than half empty/flipping/weekend/annual homes?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nearby Waterfront City is the best example. DangaCity Mall nearly went under water - even with the so-called prime location, these malls failed

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearby Waterfront City is the best example. DangaCity Mall nearly went under water - even with the so-called prime location, these malls failed

aiya. whatever will be will be lor. maybe CG will indeed turn out very nice. then everyone at danga bay will gain. let's get back to the most important question: the carnival babes in bikinis still there or not?? :smile: :smile:

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia Malls will just be boleh standard. Those who expect heartland mall standards quality just need to look at KSL. Jusco is better though.