• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car crashes into Geylang shophouse, driver held after parang found

Clark

Alfrescian
Loyal

Car crashes into Geylang shophouse, driver held after parang found

Occupants of upper unit evacuated; driver held after police find parang in vehicle

Published on May 05, 2013

ST_20130505_VDECRASH_3643521e.jpg

The car damaged a pillar when it crashed into the shophouse on Geylang Road just after 3am yesterday. Occupants of the second-floor unit were evacuated as a precautionary measure but were later allowed to return. -- PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO

By David Ee

A car slammed into a Geylang shophouse in a pre-dawn crash on Saturday, severely damaging a pillar and leaving rubble everywhere.

The 28-year-old Singaporean driver escaped with only minor injuries to his left arm, but is facing further questioning after police uncovered a parang under the car's back seat.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, the driver, who is a designer, denied owning the parang and claimed he did not know how it got there.

He said someone might have planted it in the car while he was being questioned by the police.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having a parang in the car boot is a crime????? Since when? I always carry my pressure cooker in my car, just in case I need to brew lau-kway-bu chicken tonic on the spot.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha I always carry my pressure cooker in my car, just in case I need to brew lau-kway-bu chicken tonic on the spot.

Oh yeah, and you also have a lau kway bu in your car, as further proof that you were planning to brew chicken tonic.