• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
knn, ok lah, linpeh go find the picture first, in the mean time, help brainstorm my question, thanks you the you.

Aha that's better thambi.

About your extra cash $50k come Bangkok can last you two years if you use only $2k a month. I know someone can arrange 2 years visa no problem. Actually $2k is already too much because you can do with $900 quite comfortably (rent+makan+utility+transport+telephone). The rest of the money can use to cheong. At least you will be very happy the next 2-3 years.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aha that's better thambi.

About your extra cash $50k come Bangkok can last you two years if you use only $2k a month. I know someone can arrange 2 years visa no problem. Actually $2k is already too much because you can do with $900 quite comfortably (rent+makan+utility+transport+telephone). The rest of the money can use to cheong. At least you will be very happy the next 2-3 years.

For reinvestment purpose lah, $ roll $ first, then can talk about cheong lah.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Condo, the ruling where farang 49%, khun thai 51% is applied to this?

Still apply. Rental yield in Thailand is very low unless its those high end ones in Sukhumvit but then those properties are priced similar to Singapore's. Let me give you an example - I am renting this unit land size 290sqm 2 storeys build-in 200sqm I pay 20,000 per month ($790) I've been renting this for past 5 years started with 25,000 baht per month.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still apply. Rental yield in Thailand is very low unless its those high end ones in Sukhumvit but then those properties are priced similar to Singapore's. Let me give you an example - I am renting this unit land size 290sqm 2 storeys build-in 200sqm I pay 20,000 per month ($790) I've been renting this for past 5 years started with 25,000 baht per month.

Joe, rumah lu ada Jacuzzi tak ?:confused:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Studio apartment in a decent area? 12k baht per month? With facilities?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dhey, want milk no need have cow at home la. Poseidon jacuzzi more better and different theme some more can change and change.

Poseidon is the best! Many years ago used to visit Bkk and Poseidon. Kana teow until made a trip up just to spend several days and nites with one of the gals. Memorable indeed.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Studio apartment in a decent area? 12k baht per month? With facilities?
Not sure about BKK, Pattaya can get. Quite new (less than 2 years) 40-45 sqm fully furnished with european kitchen, comes with swimming pool, gym, wifi, shaded parking and 24 hr security. Above is not sea facing. Sea facing be prepare to add 40-60%.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about BKK, Pattaya can get. Quite new (less than 2 years) 40-45 sqm fully furnished with european kitchen, comes with swimming pool, gym, wifi, shaded parking and 24 hr security. Above is not sea facing. Sea facing be prepare to add 40-60%.

That's attractive enough.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's attractive enough.
Most important, makes one feel young again. Machiam the song 'forever young'. Best is also get joetys motorcycle too.

OK, back to topic, today went to hardware shop to buy tools and paints to redo my outdoor wooden furniture. Bought an electrical sander. I am not a carpenter as I am more to metal works side but just try try lor. Will post before and after pics of the furniture when done.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most important, makes one feel young again. Machiam the song 'forever young'. Best is also get joetys motorcycle too.

OK, back to topic, today went to hardware shop to buy tools and paints to redo my outdoor wooden furniture. Bought an electrical sander. I am not a carpenter as I am more to metal works side but just try try lor. Will post before and after pics of the furniture when done.

Alright. Thank you.