• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Any retiree want to make friends? I am not homo or cheating your money. Retirement is better if everyday you can have some friends to have coffee, swimming, jogging and biking preparing for ironman. PM me if keen.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong place to find frens here... people in this forum are either paranoia ,psycho or narcissistic !
Hi,
Any retiree want to make friends? I am not homo or cheating your money. Retirement is better if everyday you can have some friends to have coffee, swimming, jogging and biking preparing for ironman. PM me if keen.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

Joe,

PM me if you interested in binge drinking of Heineken atau chivas at ktv and/atau coffeeshop, gamble horses and/atau football, play with prc atau viet mei meis.:o

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst thing is to isolate yourself. Gotta go out, talk to people, do something you find worthwhile. Just eat-sleep-exercise-go HFJ is recipe for disaster.

I agree. I've been seriously thinking about retiring in the coming years and one thing that has always bugged me is the post retirement lifestyle. While we work, like it or not, we always have to deal with other people. That human interactions become an option once you go into retirement. For people like me who are inherently introvert, I am always concerned that I will choose to isolate myself just because it feels more comfortable. Most of my current friends are through work, I suppose I will need to find new friends too.

Also, I keep thinking of the things I want to do in retirement but I probably can not fill half a week of free times with these activities (exercise, golf, learn language/music, study religion,..etc). Out of curiosity, any retired members care to share their daily routines.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Planning in coming years too, already past my targeted early retirement year :smile:
Plan to Exercise and keep in shape, take up photography (since I didn't have time while working) bot some gear already and just trying out and realise there is actually lots to learn, tyring out and onto Lightroom post editing next, golf once a while, read books (mainly history, no more finance/banking/IT tech stuff).

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Planning in coming years too, already past my targeted early retirement year :smile:
Plan to Exercise and keep in shape, take up photography (since I didn't have time while working) bot some gear already and just trying out and realise there is actually lots to learn, tyring out and onto Lightroom post editing next, golf once a while, read books (mainly history, no more finance/banking/IT tech stuff).

Agree.

You have to learn new things. I am into horticulture now. Best of Luck !:o

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I agree. I've been seriously thinking about retiring in the coming years and one thing that has always bugged me is the post retirement lifestyle. While we work, like it or not, we always have to deal with other people. That human interactions become an option once you go into retirement. For people like me who are inherently introvert, I am always concerned that I will choose to isolate myself just because it feels more comfortable. Most of my current friends are through work, I suppose I will need to find new friends too.

I have met far more people and gained a much wider circle of friends since I retired. The friends you make in a work environment are a very narrow segment of a very wide world.

All my current friends are the ones I have met in the course of pursuing my hobbies and my business interests.

Retirement isn't about stopping work. It's about stopping the job you are paid to do and indulging in work that you love doing instead.

My typical day :

1. Wake up...morning coffee... forum maintenance, remove spam... clear moderation queue.. check server logs for suspicious activity, post a few messages etc.

2. Take dog for walk.

3. Meet friends at cafe for brunch.

4. Business meetings.

5. Hobby activities..eg photography plus recently got into woodwork.

6. Exercise.

7. Watch the programs that I recorded on my sky box the day before.

8. Dinner.. usually with friends.

8. Take dog for another walk.

9. Internet/computer stuff again.. essential updates, maintenance, chat with friends and business associates overseas.

10. Bed time.

The activities don't necessarily follow that order exactly but that is a typical day.

Every 6 months, I go for a short business / holiday trip combined.... Singapore, US, Thailand, Australia, France etc.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing your routines Leongsam. I guess I need new friends and new interests.

Out of curiosity, are you currently in Malaysia ?

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in retirement one can pick up an old hobby again which could be abandoned years ago due to busy working life or other interest. For me, I may go back to fishkeeping and start my fish tank again keeping the fascinating and colourful cichlids from Africa's Lakes Malawi and Tanganyika.

To stay active I will jog every other day and may join my friend who has a regular group meeting every Tue and Thu afternoon to play badminton at the CC.

Reading will likely to take up most of my time from newspapers, magazines, books to surfing the net.

Lastly managing my own stock portfolio by monitoring stock price movement diligently.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Retire in Malaysia????!!!! Gawd no!!!! :eek:

Malaysia is a crime hub! I will not even visit Malaysia, must less retire there!

Singapore is the best place to retire in, frankly. While our costs are high, our government system is efficient. And even though we are very crowded, there is law and order, peace and tranquility.

Everything I can possibly need in Singapore for my retirement -- nature reserves to relax in, top of the world healthcare facilities, are all here in Singapore.

Where else would I go?

jw5

Loyal
Malaysia is a crime hub! I will not even visit Malaysia, must less retire there!

Singapore is the best place to retire in, frankly. While our costs are high, our government system is efficient. And even though we are very crowded, there is law and order, peace and tranquility.

Everything I can possibly need in Singapore for my retirement -- nature reserves to relax in, top of the world healthcare facilities, are all here in Singapore.

Where else would I go?

Paris or Melbourne. :wink: