• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did this person do wrong?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just walked away from an incident where I was visiting a friend. He stays in a EC in the East.. and I in HDB in East. I usually go to his place for the free gym and swimming pool. He always signs me in.

Lately I noticed that ppl were following behind a residents of this estate and going in without signing in.. I did the same and my friend was so surprised to see me at his doorstep. When I told him, he was cursing the security for their lapse and tardiness.

Tonight.. I did an even more daring thing.. I slid my hand between the metal gate and pressed the open button to let myself in... except there was these 3 ppl in front of me and the younger man questioned me why I did not use the security card to open the gate.

I sheepishly replied "I forgot my card" and walked fast, passing these 3 ppl. But I could overhear the youner man arguing with a older (over 30) man why he followed behind and also did not use the card to gain entry.. I think they were arguing for some time..

I also overheard that the older person questinoed the younger man "what right" did he have for asking him if he was a resident of the estate.

Well.. I didn't stay long as I was worried that I be questioned next.. and I saw the 3 keep going at it still.

Here is what I believe happened... the younger man opened the gate with his security card and entered with his mother (i heard him calling her so), and the older man followed behind and did not use the card. I bet the younger man questioned this person who followed behind if he was a resident and so on.

Now.. was the younger man wrong in asking so, as the older man did not carry anything else besides a drink in his hand. (I didn't see him hold a card.. and the younger man clearly said he should use one if he has one but the older one said he didn't).

I remembered my friend (who is both an resident and owner of a unit at this estate) say that if you don't have the card, you should go to security and tell them and that should be the way to gain entry into the place. But as I have shown.. ppl go in and out and the security didn't even bother to stop me.

Was this younger man wrong in asking the older man to identify himself? Or was he over-stepping his role.. I mean he isn't the security personnel.. so why bother?

I asked my friend, and he said, "if that younger man is both a resident and a owner, he has every right to ask that man who followed behind to show some id.. nothing wrong as this estate is way too big to know everyone. Heck, I don't even know my own neighbours on my floor."

What do you ppl think?

Plus.. if you were in the same situation, would you have done the same? Or would you have quietly walked away and avoid a confrontation?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course question lah. Every tom dick and harry come in to rob and rape, how? There is a reason why pple pay extra $$ to stay in a condo. It is to keep out strangers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If i resident of course question lah if you see stranger enter the compound without card.
I would expect to be question by fellow residents too if I did not use my card.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to protect yourself indoors is to get a good padlock and solid door. Why depend on keling/m&d security guard for your safety and your children's safety.

Teach them to be vigilant. There is no safe place out there.

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dun ya do even more a daring thing by slipping yourself inside the Istana without permission?

And use the huge garden for jogging and BBQ?

You are a citizen of Singapore you deserved the right to use the state land.

Last edited:

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place, why the TS so cheapo??? Friend invite you to go then slowly you decided to just show up at
His doorstep??? Come on, people give you an inch, you want a mile? Why not, next time just go to his unit and cook dinner and wash your laundry?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is Tonychat when he is needed? Sneaking into people's condo to use their facilities is a fucking low life Sinkie act.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dun ya do even more a daring thing by slipping yourself inside the Istana without permission?

And use the huge garden for jogging and BBQ?

You are a citizen of Singapore you deserved the right to use the state land.

btw, is the garden as huge as what we see at botantic garden?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you want to go gym go and pay money and go to a public one lah..

fucking hell behave like a sinkie sneak in to get freebies..

why sinkies behave like that one.

in the end, cause a lot of suspicions among the residents there who got the rights to use the gym there as they PAY for it monthly.

That is why i stay away from such low class low life sinkie shit...just drop dead and die together with those meat eaters.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the record.. whenever I go to my friend's place, I always go to his house first.. even if I did sneak in behind ppl who opened the gate and din stop me and question me.

But.. after this incident.. I realize my mistake.. shouldn't have taken this kind of liberty of my friend's kindness. I did apologize to him before I told him what I did.. and.. he did scold me... said that I might have also got him in trouble if they escalated the matter.

Honestly, I feel ashamed and bad that I did do this.. and even if I said I was following other ppl's example.. it shows that I didn't think.. i am an adult and I did this stupid thing.

I will give an update on this incident of the 3 ppl later.. as my friend said that he will go to the management office to ask for details and also question the work of the security personnel.. he feels that my entering the estate has shown that the security personnel are not doing their job well.

I think I may have gotten the entire security of that estate in trouble.. sigh.. it is not a good feeling to know that I have caused this...

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think I may have gotten the entire security of that estate in trouble.. sigh.. it is not a good feeling to know that I have caused this...

Zhi Cuo Neng Gai, Hui Tou Shi An.

Better to review and repent now, than regret not doing so after you die (ie. in the Life Review that occurs for every person after death, regardless of one's religion or lack of religion).

Of course, this encompasses every learning opportunity in everyone's life, not merely this incident for the TS.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the record.. whenever I go to my friend's place, I always go to his house first.. even if I did sneak in behind ppl who opened the gate and din stop me and question me.

But.. after this incident.. I realize my mistake.. shouldn't have taken this kind of liberty of my friend's kindness. I did apologize to him before I told him what I did.. and.. he did scold me... said that I might have also got him in trouble if they escalated the matter.

Honestly, I feel ashamed and bad that I did do this.. and even if I said I was following other ppl's example.. it shows that I didn't think.. i am an adult and I did this stupid thing.

I will give an update on this incident of the 3 ppl later.. as my friend said that he will go to the management office to ask for details and also question the work of the security personnel.. he feels that my entering the estate has shown that the security personnel are not doing their job well.

The security guards are caught in the middle. They have to ensure security and at the same time accomodate resident's needs ...like their friends coming...etc. If they enforce too hard, they offend the residents....if they enforce too little, then there is little or no security. And these guards are not paid much...yet they get abused by people trying to sneak a free use of the condo facilities.

jw5

Loyal
Plus.. if you were in the same situation, would you have done the same? Or would you have quietly walked away and avoid a confrontation?

Best thing is to go through the main gate manned by security guards if you are visiting your friend and using the facilities.
Most condos have a backgate with a securitycard system and no guards.
Shouldn't tailgate the residents and the residents shouldn't allow people they don't recognise to tailgate them into the compound.
The young guy had every right to question the older guy, and the latter had better respond accordingly.

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal

But.. after this incident.. I realize my mistake.. shouldn't have ...

///
its a honest mistake.
Lets move on....
///
xxx
:cool:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is like a thief asking the owner why he question the other thief to come in and steal.

What on earth is happening? Did he lost all his common sense and think he do have the right to steal?

Shameful bastard.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I think I may have gotten the entire security of that estate in trouble.. sigh.. it is not a good feeling to know that I have caused this...
u haf helped dem 2 b aware of their shortcomings n improve ... u shud feel gud ...