• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Diplomatic Car Block Road afte shopping at Mustafa - Guess..?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driver of embassy car holds up traffic -- then challenges others to call police :biggrin:

STOMPer ACDC says the driver of this embassy car took his time loading goods into his vehicle and held up the traffic outside Mustafa Shopping Centre despite being repeatedly honked at, before challenging another driver to call the cops.

The driver had also apparently made rude gestures at other motorists and pointed his middle finger at the STOMPer.

ACDC said:

"I witnessed a case of road rage by the chauffeur of a diplomatic vehicle.

"This incident happened on Apr 11 at about 6:25pm along Syed Alwi Road just outside Mustafa Shopping Centre.

"The road was under heavy construction and only one lane was passable to traffic.

"The driver of this Toyota Alphard S2911CD wearing a long sleeved batik shirt -- which I believe is from the Indonesian Embassy -- was loading a trolley full of groceries into this vehicle.

"However, he was totally oblivious to the traffic which was building up behind him.

"The drivers at the back started to get impatient after nearly eight minutes of waiting. I stood there watching as the honking grew incessantly louder and louder.

"However, this driver still took his time to load up his goods, ignoring everyone else. Even the security officers outside Mustafa came to assist him.|

"When he finally finished loading, he made a rude gesture to the car behind him and also to the rest of the waiting cars.

"He then drove off very very slowly, with the intention of agitating the already impatient line of cars behind.

"That was when I had the opportunity to snap these shots.

"He even showed me his middle finger as he drove pass me.

"A lorry driver behind him was furious as he continued to drive slowly amid the non-stop honking. When the lorry managed to overtake him, the diplomatic vehicle driver came down and they both exchanged angry words.

"I could hear this chauffeur shouting, 'I am driving CD car, you call police lah, I scared ah?!?!'

"Meaning, 'I am driving a diplomatic vehicle belonging to a diplomatic person, you can call the police all you want.'

"The quarrel ended after a couple of minutes and both drivers left the scene.

"In essence, the driver was trying to insinuate that diplomatic vehicles and drivers are not scared of the law and that they do as they please.

"Is this true? Any verification if these guys are above the law?"

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...p_traffic.html

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'2911' belongs to the Indonesian Embassy and since it is only an '11', it is way down the pecking order.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, must be the Housekeeping staff getting groceries. If it was 2901, then it's the H/Commr's vehicle.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Some of these diplomats and their drivers are real assholes. Wonder if anyone recalls sometime in the 70s one of these drivers and one of our rich businessmen guy had a big carfight in front of Shaw Towers. One guy reversed into the other and the other responded by ramming back. This went on for a few cycles and both cars were badly damaged. This event was reported in the papers.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yup, must be the Housekeeping staff getting groceries. If it was 2901, then it's the H/Commr's vehicle.

You damn power. Even know who drives what car plate. Next time I see any chio bu driver, I PM you ok? :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first 2 digits of an embassy vehicle tells you which embassy / high commission it belongs to while the next 2 tells you the pecking order. Some of the embassy numbers I do know are:
  • 10 - Malaysia
  • 19 - US
  • 20 - France
  • 29 - Indonesia.

You guys are welcome to add to our knowledge.

01 is for the high commissioner / ambassador
02 - the Dy Chief of Mission

Thereafter, you would have the Trade Rep, Military Attache, etc.

You damn power. Even know who drives what car plate. Next time I see any chio bu driver, I PM you ok? :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The first 2 digits of an embassy vehicle tells you which embassy / high commission it belongs to while the next 2 tells you the pecking order. Some of the embassy numbers I do know are:
  • 10 - Malaysia
  • 19 - US
  • 20 - France
  • 29 - Indonesia.

You guys are welcome to add to our knowledge.

01 is for the high commissioner / ambassador
02 - the Dy Chief of Mission

Thereafter, you would have the Trade Rep, Military Attache, etc.

Thanks brother. I have always been interested in S-CD car plates. Hope more brothers can share :smile:

By the way, besides the S-CD car plates, are there any special and private car plates that traffic police are told to close one eye? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I did a search. These two fellow so power? :biggrin:

SP: "Speaker of Parliament" (SP 1)
SPF: Police commissioner of the Singapore Police Force (SPF1)