• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
SW facing, hot hot. will bet e 1k if i'm very interested. Is it only 0.0013%. (Just my view only)

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, they waived the 1K penalty so it mean if you dont choose a unit if balloted then they will give you a full refund. I've got the 32nd floor but its south/west orientation with City View. City View will only be nice if Medini Business District happen as planned. per SF price is RM705 for my unit. Built up is 1064sf @ 750K.

City view would be the one that faces the Medini business district so the other view is facing the hill ?

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct is the one facing the Medini Business District. Mine SOuth west is hot but its at the other side so its not so hot, the really hot one is the one on the left hand side, mine is on the extreme right.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct is the one facing the Medini Business District. Mine SOuth west is hot but its at the other side so its not so hot, the really hot one is the one on the left hand side, mine is on the extreme right.

Means yours is the xx-08 unit ?

Actually, the layout of Meridin is good and logical. Some of the other condos in Medini has weird layout and very small room.

Congrats on your purchase !

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats on your purchase, your unit is the extreme right of Tower A, road facing and towards the business district, high floor or 30+ is good a catch.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is where technology come into play.

Sometime the view from South West or West is nicer. But everyone will be concern with the heat.

Nowadays I just choose the facing with a good view and let technology take care of the heat.

For those whom already bought; please do not worry about facing. Try 3m new tech film.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...roducts/Residential/Sun_Control_Window_Films/

[video=youtube;fij5uO_rEZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fij5uO_rEZY[/video]

SW facing, hot hot. will bet e 1k if i'm very interested. Is it only 0.0013%. (Just my view only)

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a limit to solar film. I tried that on my car and gave up. The glass eventually heats up and re-radiate IR into the space inside.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

May I check if the #02 stack is a good one? I hear they still have units in that stack.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a sg agent that the Towers A and C is fully booked/sold. Tower B is not release for balloting yet?

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah mine is 08. Hope it will not be so hot. I think 01 will be much hotter. Looking forward to the future city view though. Maybe find a good binocular and maybe can see some movie star in pinewood studio. Hehe

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah mine is 08. Hope it will not be so hot. I think 01 will be much hotter. Looking forward to the future city view though. Maybe find a good binocular and maybe can see some movie star in pinewood studio. Hehe

Yeah, maybe can see AV stars also, keke.

But do you know whether will there be anything blocking your view? So far not sure how tall adjacent development will be.

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should not be direct block if even there are taller building as it will be on opposite site of the road. Only worry is medini business district is another failure.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should not be direct block if even there are taller building as it will be on opposite site of the road. Only worry is medini business district is another failure.

It's too big too fail.. Too much money at stake. Msia govn has pumped in tons of money to build the infrastructures including underground cables. I'm not sure whether ppl noticed.. Even the details like the lamp posts along medini to puteri harbour are different.. The design of the lamp posts complement with the design of the buildings in Kota iskandar.. I'm sure they will do the same in medini.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, that's the concern.

But if you look at Medini, it is the only place that has a master plan which includes attracting companies to setup their business there.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where technology come into play.

Sometime the view from South West or West is nicer. But everyone will be concern with the heat.

Nowadays I just choose the facing with a good view and let technology take care of the heat.

For those whom already bought; please do not worry about facing. Try 3m new tech film.

Concrete/brick has a high heat transfer coefficient. Anyway, some ppl like west view and aircon is good solution :biggrin:

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a sg agent that the Towers A and C is fully booked/sold. Tower B is not release for balloting yet?

I hear the #02 stack still has high floor units available with seaview. But I think this may be one of the'hot' units with afternoon sun?
It seems the not so good units werent snapped up so buyers are being discriminating.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good one, bino towards pinewood studio. I got a high floor unit at Tower C stack 05, facing Legoland over the hill, balcony slightly towards NW view at the left end.