• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has Meridin been launched and if so has it sold out? I am considering d'Residences @ Medini and wonder how it compares with Meridin in terms of location, price etc. Medini is a big place so I gather some condos would eb better placed than others. Any views on this? I don't know enough about the sit but plan to go take a look next week.

If not sure , don't go and buy.

No point going to any talk or visit any show flat.
I never been to one that tell you not to buy.

All showflat are design to attract you to buy. All the staffs and agents are there to tell you how good the project they are selling is in fantastic location even when it is at middle of no where.

Tell me when you ever heard a fruit seller tell you his fruits is sour.
Fish monger will tell you his fish is fresh; even when he sell you salted fish which died a decade ago.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Medini has 4000 registered buyers and launching on 11 May. Meridin is behind the hill of Legoland, D'Residences@Medini and 1Meridin & Medini Signature are side by side along the stretch nearer Kota Iskandar & Puteri Harbour.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has Meridin been launched and if so has it sold out? I am considering d'Residences @ Medini and wonder how it compares with Meridin in terms of location, price etc. Medini is a big place so I gather some condos would eb better placed than others. Any views on this? I don't know enough about the sit but plan to go take a look next week.

I think Meridin no chance as the deadline for submitting booking fee was a few days ago. Supposed to have more than 4000+ booking and only 700+ units available.

Location wise, it is by itself so I guess it is more exclusive.

Astaka is a high end project. Every unit has two pte lift and they suppose to build a tunnel connecting directly to CIQ!

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
[

Actually I am going to just take a look at the d'Residences site. I will then make up my mind. I wonder what is the potential for Medini in terms of rental. There will be a Business park so I gather there will be tenants but of course depends on supply. I am quite familiar with Nusajaya but not Medini itself. Am not surprised takeup rate for Meridin is good.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited the site from Educity, LegoLand, Medini & P.Harbour a few times.

Meridin - a better exclusive one, in terms of price, location and surronding. Best facing will b over the hill (min. 12 floor to clear) face LegoLand and the skyline. If you see the info on Website carefully, this project is almost all surrounded by water feature extended from Legoland and the new WaterPark. Its also an iconic design development. Problem could be with 4000+ interested its difficult to get.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin sounds good. But like you say, may not be easy to get a unit. I may try for d'Residences, haven't decied yet. Am attending a talk by Huttons later, will update bros and sis here later if I learn anything new. I understand this project is 129years leasehold unlike Meridin which is 99.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am interested to find out how the balloting for Meridin went. One of the reason why I didn't go for it was because there's too many interested buyers and also if you are successful in the balloting and yet you didn't chose a unit (maybe left the units which you don't want), you have to forfeit RM$1k as admin fee.

Last edited:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is rather unusual to have the an admin fee charged.

It gives you a feeling like 'forcing' you to buy and don't waste their time... investors may have a hard time when nearing TOP and having maintenance issues.. If investors are treated with respect, they will come back to the same developer. Look at SP Setia..

No need to use this kind of tactics.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
It gives you a feeling like 'forcing' you to buy and don't waste their time... investors may have a hard time when nearing TOP and having maintenance issues.. If investors are treated with respect, they will come back to the same developer. Look at SP Setia..

Anyone went for the balloting ? I heard that it didn't sell out as anticipated.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree.This kind of forced tactics leaves a bad taste in the mouth.SP Setia doesnt need to as they are a top developer and their reputation speaks for itself. In fact, no offence to local agents but Singaporean agents are the more aggressive ones, they use hard sell methods. Very few are honest and protect their buyers, which si why I am evry selectiev about whom I work with.SP Setia has salaried staff so I guess they are less inclined to go for the kill.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RM1k has been waived for such cases.

I am interested to find out how the balloting for Meridin went. One of the reason why I didn't go for it was because there's too many interested buyers and also if you are successful in the balloting and yet you didn't chose a unit (maybe left the units which you don't want), you have to forfeit RM$1k as admin fee.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, do you mean those who were offered a unit they didnt want were not charged the 1K? I am wondering what prices they sold at psf on average? Anyone here bought a unit?

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, they waived the 1K penalty so it mean if you dont choose a unit if balloted then they will give you a full refund. I've got the 32nd floor but its south/west orientation with City View. City View will only be nice if Medini Business District happen as planned. per SF price is RM705 for my unit. Built up is 1064sf @ 750K.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
There must be quite a lot who left without having a chance to choose a unit looking at the number of cheques. They will wait for blocks B and C but price higher.