• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

doublechin38

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

Please enlighten if these two projects are good.

Meridin about SGD 150k to SGD 340k for 1 bed to 3 bed next to Lego land.

Astaka about SGD 800k to SGD 1200k from 3 bed to 4 bed about 800m from Woodlands CIQ.

I most likely buy and not stay, just for investment cause affected by ABSD.

Tomorrow going for their talk.

Hope to hear some advice.

Cheers

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't buy lah if you are not for stay there.. Who are you going to sell to?

Singaporeans will just buy new condos with so much discounts and DIBS etc..

Hi Bros,

Astaka about SGD 800k to SGD 1200k from 3 bed to 4 bed about 800m from Woodlands CIQ.

Cheers

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Malaysia you are raped by rapists.

In Singapore you are raped by the government everyday.

I choose Malaysia.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One is cheap with bad location.
One is expensive in so-so location.

Now make your choice.......

Hi Bros,

Cheers

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sunday, I went a free Nusjaya tour by UEMLAND.
They brought me to East Ledang, Puteri Harbour, show us places around Medini.

My own conclusion is (you may not agree):
For condo in zone B, who is staying/renting? The chances/prospects of high-end tenants is low. Edu city students/SILC wokers/puteri harbour worker/movie star for Pinewood?
Chances is that it may attract SMEs, but few MNCs. Due to lack of skilled labour. Although local labour is cheaper, the skill level is low and most is attracted to work in Spore.

For landed in zone B, it is currently over-valued in terms of rental yield.

Lastly, the Malaysia customs at JB is still poorly administrated and managed.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

Cheers

My 2 cents:

Don't know much about the Meridin.

For Astaka, if you are buying to stay, I guess as long as you are happy with what you are paying is fine. However that is not your motivation of buying.

For investment I would think twice. Old town JB is sure getting its share of doses of hype lately. One question remains: who are your potential high income tenants. Imagine what type of rental price you got to be asking for Astaka and where these high income tenants are likely to come from? Malaysians? FT or Singaporeans working in SG but living in JB?

I read you even get your dedicated lane from CIQ into the condo. So far so good. But for the price, you still sit in the bad traffic all the way across from Singapore and only to have a last dash of 800m to your condo.

Honestly, for that kind of money for Astaka, I rather buy a subsale condo anywhere along Gurney Drive in Penang.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If raped by rapist, one can still rape back. If rape by govt, you can just sit there, cry and do nothing.
I choose JB too!

I choose Malaysia.

solelyone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess your question links to whether to choose Zone A or B in iskandar malaysia.

If for own stay and no intention to sell anytime soon--> i would prefer Zone B over Zone A unless JBCBD really turns into KLCBD.

If for rental-->i would prefer Zone A over Zone B as many engineers, IT consultants and ppl in F&B who are malaysians but work in s'pore (woodlands and northern area) love to rent houses/apartments around JBCBD.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are not going to stay there, go buy a landed. Or just buy land. Or shophouse in a established area. Doesnt make sense for you to buy a condo.

Hi Bros,

Cheers

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal

I choose Malaysia.

as far as i know, in malaysia, the citizens also get raped by the government everyday.

which is worse, as one get raped by rapists as well as government, kekekeke

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if after election, the ruling opposition party said landed property or land is to be sold to Bumi only? Just like in Singapore, landed property is reserved for SC only.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if after election, the ruling opposition party said landed property or land is to be sold to Bumi only? Just like in Singapore, landed property is reserved for SC only.

likelihood of this happening is zero. we are not seeing this happening in Penang or Selangor which is opposition governed.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah! Ultimately the most important is whether both govts can maintain good relations or not while still taking care of the MY malays. If can, win win situation. Only worrying part is our Sinkie govt loves to exploit others for $$$ even own citizens, thus causing any good relationship to turn sour.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about D'RESIDENCES @ MEDINI? Next to Medini Signature and 1Medini, near to LEGOLAND Malaysia, Gleneagles Medini, Meridin Medini and Afiniti Medini... it's the only one with 125-year leasehold and at RM630-700 psf

- Please no subtle advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has Meridin been launched and if so has it sold out? I am considering d'Residences @ Medini and wonder how it compares with Meridin in terms of location, price etc. Medini is a big place so I gather some condos would eb better placed than others. Any views on this? I don't know enough about the sit but plan to go take a look next week.