• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the diff between a warning and stern warning from police?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No difference right? Stern warning is just to make it sound more serious.

racist_rant_amy_cheong_gets_stern_warning_from_police-thumbnail.jpg

Racist rant: Amy Cheong gets stern warning from Police

Former NTUC assistant director Miss Amy Cheong has received a stern warning from the Police over her expletive-filled racist rant on facebook last year.

The 38-year-old Australian and Singapore permanent resident first sparked outrage last October when she ranted on facebook about how Malay weddings are held at void decks for days, along with other racist remarks.

This included disparaging Malays for what she perceived to be their low-cost and lengthy void-deck weddings, as well as mocking their divorce rates.

She was then sacked by her employer and subsequently left for Perth. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had also expressed his shock at the comments made by Miss Cheong.

Police had contacted her to assist in investigations and lawyers said that she could face charges of inciting hatred among people of different races

According to a report on The Straits Times, the 38-year-old has confirmed that she received an e-mail from the police last week informing her of the closure of her case file.

Police have also confirmed that investigations into this case have been completed.

A spokesman said: "In consultation with the Attorney-General's Chambers, police have administered a stern warning to the defendant for an offence under Section 298A (b) of the Penal Code, Chapter 224."

"I can start my life afresh. It has been an adjustment period for me," said Miss Cheong, who added that her life took a drastic turn after the episode, which she has been trying to put behind her.

"I have no solid plans. Perhaps one day, I will return to Singapore," said Miss Cheong, who moved to the Republic a decade ago and found life difficult.

She found herself clocking long hours at work, and striving hard to prove and support herself here.

Miss Cheong added: "This episode has helped me put things in perspective. I learnt to appreciate life a bit more than just working. Everything happens for a reason."

Hacksaw Jim

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion ,you will received a letter from the police ,when it is a stern warning,meaning ,"you better don't fuck around again". a warning can be just verbal,meaning , "you better don't do it again" both is more or less the same, it is just the word stern that makes you chicken out.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
look at her eyes, i'd think she is siao char bor...:eek:

hi there

1. ah hot, no offence.
2. you got some weird taste in your womanhood hoh:biggrin:
3. honest, such specimen machiam "fatal attraction" type.
4. it may tok your prick after it finishes with you in bed:p

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An adjective. I also give LKY his last warning here. BTW, she looks like after plastic surgery LBW.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland Polis can email her "stern warning" serious warning world worst warning
is of no used! b'cos she's in Perth you can all the email for all you want! she doesn't
care a damn!

She just laugh off those stupid warning!! ha ha ha!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland Polis can email her "stern warning" serious warning world worst warning
is of no used! b'cos she's in Perth you can all the email for all you want! she doesn't
care a damn!

She just laugh off those stupid warning!! ha ha ha!
She can give Polis their last stern and threatening warning.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
No difference right? Stern warning is just to make it sound more serious.

The cops are just taking the cue from the government. All she did was speak the truth as it affected her. Whether the rest of society agrees or not its up to them. And the community that it was directed at was too sensitive to reflect their ways. Any community that can't take criticisms will never improve.

Cheers!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at her eyes, i'd think she is siao char bor...:eek:

Siao char bors are great in bed. Especially those with tattoos and piercings plastered all over their body and have a medicine cabinet filled with antidepressant pills.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my humble opinion ,you will received a letter from the police ,when it is a stern warning,meaning ,"you better don't fuck around again". a warning can be just verbal,meaning , "you better don't do it again" both is more or less the same, it is just the word stern that makes you chicken out.

All warnings are done in the police division. It is usually the OC Team, Chief Investigation Officer, Dy Head Investigation or Head Investigation himself/herself who would be the one warning the accused. All warnings must be stern eh? It would be acknowledged in the Investigation paper and filed away thereafter. If the above appointment holders are not around, an ASP would do the job.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao char bors are great in bed. ...tattoos and piercings plastered all over their body and have a medicine cabinet filled with antidepressant pills.
Don't tempt fate. If bi-polar, you can risk the proverbial (deep) razor cut in choicest places :eek::p

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time if you are caught repeating an offense which previously you have been warned, expect a stern warning first before you are charged for doing it again.

Last edited: