• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Trip

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Priority
London
Paris
Amsterdam
The rest are minor.
Nothing in Manchester

Land in london, spend time with relative in Hull. Return to London, Museum are free and British Museum is a must. Take the train to Paris and London. 2 days minimum in Paris and make sure you work out the agenda as everything is close to each other. After Amsterdam either return by train or ferry via English Channel to London. Still got time do outer London such as Oxford, strafford upon avon, stonehenge and even Bath.

Very important - accommodation in summer is critically short and very expensive, so book early. Especially Paris.

jw5

Loyal
Priority
London
Paris
Amsterdam
The rest are minor.
Nothing in Manchester

Land in london, spend time with relative in Hull. Return to London, Museum are free and British Museum is a must. Take the train to Paris and London. 2 days minimum in Paris and make sure you work out the agenda as everything is close to each other. After Amsterdam either return by train or ferry via English Channel to London. Still got time do outer London such as Oxford, strafford upon avon, stonehenge and even Bath.

Very important - accommodation in summer is critically short and very expensive, so book early. Especially Paris.

Get the fuck out of this thread bastard scroobal.
As usual, you are pretending to be concerned for ordinary chaps wanting to go for a holiday, but all you are doing is boasting and manipulating them.
Post some pictures of your trips if you really want to contribute, if not, go and fuck yourself.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can, take a bus or drive to The Lake District...simply beautiful...and the small town of Keswick on Derwentwater.....peaceful,serene and very English with very nice and polite residents...I love the ice cream!!!

The popular town of Keswick on Derwentwater is located just off the A66, about 20 miles from the M6 J40, in the North Lakes area of the Lake District National Park. It is a small bustling place of around 5,000 inhabitants, with variety of shops, galleries, restaurants, pubs and cafés centred around a pedestrianised Market Square. Keswick has a large number of outdoor activity and clothing shops, as befits the town's new title of "The adventure capital of England".

This is too far north of England for our friend.

Yes, Derwentwater is the Queen of the Lakes

Keswick is nicer than Windermere or twin Bowness-on-Windermere , which are easier to access than Keswick , and more touristy. It is nice to take a boat across to Ambleside.

But a local Cumbrian I met prefer Windermere which is afterall a beautiful lakeside village.

The UK is full of nice places like these. As long as you do not mind the "Is it going to rain" weather.

Attachments

• windermeretown_5.jpg
    windermeretown_5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 304
  • ambl_rothay.jpg
    ambl_rothay.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Waterhead1.jpg
    Waterhead1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cotsworlds part of UK is recommended. London's very cosmopolitan, and it's not really England -with many enclaves of mid east blokes, ah nehs and of course Soho. Never so evident on the tube.

http://www.the-cotswolds.org/top/english/intro.php

Real country

Yes. You are right about Cotswolds. I cannot think of cotswolds without thinking of homemade ice-cream. When I missed ice-cream while in the UK, I go to Tesco or Sainbury's and get Cotswolds made ice-cream.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cotsworlds part of UK is recommended. London's very cosmopolitan, and it's not really England -with many enclaves of mid east blokes, ah nehs and of course Soho. Never so evident on the tube.

Real country

]

thanks! never been to cotswold. rolling hills and little sleepy villages are really inviting. it's like the last refuge of the english. untouched by london and globalization. a must for me on next uk trip. :smile:

Yinyang is correct, you wont regret going to visit this general area. Pleasant memories for me.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get the fuck out of this thread bastard scroobal.
As usual, you are pretending to be concerned for ordinary chaps wanting to go for a holiday, but all you are doing is boasting and manipulating them.
Post some pictures of your trips if you really want to contribute, if not, go and fuck yourself.

relax. please let him post (and make a fool of himself). he's stating the obvious. duh. but depending on scheduling and objective of ts, the recommended itinerary can go in many ways. not any one way or recommendation is perfect. but this know-it-all and everybody-else-is-wrong scroo dismisses all the wonderful tips provided by so many here that if you scrootinize his recommended itinerary, it is more tailored for a fool. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yinyang is correct, you wont regret going to visit this general area. Pleasant memories for me.

thanks! a 3rd opinion helps confirm my next destination on the bucket list. some well travelled geezers like me appreciate quality tips. without yy, neddy and you, i would have no clue about cotswold. :smile:

Last edited:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks everyone who took the time to reply to this thread. I just only login. This trip, I may not have the time to visit so many beautiful places. My priority is to visit my uncle in Hull, London and Amsterdam. Heard quite a few interesting things in Amsterdam, so must visit. Yes, I be taking the ferry there. And while on way from London to Hull, might stop at Rugby to visit another friend.

Places like Straford-upon-Avon & Brighton might have to give it a miss. Way out for me. And thanks Yinyang for introducing Cotswolds. Old village countryside. Love it!!

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I suggest the Lake and Peak Districts in England. Very different from Singapore and I'm sure you will like.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks everyone who took the time to reply to this thread. I just only login. This trip, I may not have the time to visit so many beautiful places. My priority is to visit my uncle in Hull, London and Amsterdam. Heard quite a few interesting things in Amsterdam, so must visit. Yes, I be taking the ferry there. And while on way from London to Hull, might stop at Rugby to visit another friend.

Places like Straford-upon-Avon & Brighton might have to give it a miss. Way out for me. And thanks Yinyang for introducing Cotswolds. Old village countryside. Love it!!

Hi Blazer, any updates on your trips? :smile:

Looking forward to your FRs :p

Clifford

Hi Blazars,
Don't forget to visit Madam Taussauds on Baker Street as it is one of the best wax museums in the world. You must also visit the Royal Albert Hall theatre and don't forget to see the mesmerising show. And if you are more into nightlife then the Ministry of sound, Plan B, Fabric, herbal and Turnmills are top clubs OF London.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Blazer, any updates on your trips? :smile:

Looking forward to your FRs :p

Bro raiders. Not yet leh. I mention go in summer mah. Anyway, change of plan liao. My wifey not keen to go this year. She says we go for too short a duration.

So, for the places i mention, is 8-10 days enough? (including flight time) Or I need to go at least 14 days?

D

Deleted member 18975

Bro raiders. Not yet leh. I mention go in summer mah. Anyway, change of plan liao. My wifey not keen to go this year. She says we go for too short a duration.

So, for the places i mention, is 8-10 days enough? (including flight time) Or I need to go at least 14 days?

This year end April - early May , I went on a tour to England: London, one day trip Windsor, Stonehenge at Wiltshire, Oxford, day trip to Paris and back to London via Eurostar, Liverpool, Manchester Airport and back to Sg.

My family and I stayed in a hotel not far from Kings Cross St Pancras Station; convenient due to its cental location and also because Eurostar train to Paris begins and ends there.

10 days is just nice for the places we visited. Plan your trip in detail. Bring along ipad if you do have one if you need to look at a map to plan your trip on the go.

Do google 'changing of the guard' at Buckingham Palace for scheduled days times. There will be an army of tourists there to view the ceremony:smile:

Paris is wonderful if you wish to include it in your itinerary. Just don't feel the urge to visit the toilet near Eiffel Tower because not well maintained, blugh!

Never been to Amsterdam before, so no comment.

193.JPGE.A.T. receipt.jpgCopy of Renaissance Hotel .JPGCopy of London Cab.JPGCopy of UNDERGROUND.JPG

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will just add on to the advice here:

1) For intra europe travel, dont be a dick and take eurostar, its expensive. Take a budget airline, its dirt cheap if you can keep to their idiosyncrasies (namely luggage size and weight)

think: Jet2, Ryanair, etc

2) The weather in england is lovely now, not much rain and its quite hot and nice. I should know I was in uk last week

3) Lake District is highly recommended. Its very beautiful

4) Harrogate, York, come to mind if you are after the 'ye olde english' experience
Manchester is a bustling city, you will see urines and shits everywhere and even urine ching chong shop signs are quite common - it really makes the dank city look even more ugly.
Skip the city if you can, although the makan at the curry mile is very good,

5) summer hotel prices will not be easy on the wallet, so good luck :biggrin:

Forgot to add: driving in england is not difficult if you have a tom tom (gps)

most importantly, travel safe and have fun.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

8-10 days not enough. At least 14 days. Make it worthwhile since you are flying all the way there. I can understand your predicament. My wife and I was supposed to go to Taiwan for our annual "take a break" trip this July. All air tickets and hotel rooms have been booked and paid and since I chose the cheapest option during booking, there is no refund/cancellation options. She just started a new job and would not be able to go. :o

annat

Take the free sandeman tour in all the cities you are visiting. Its a FREE walking tour and at the end of the tour you will just tip the tour guide however much you want. They have them in London, Paris and Amsterdam.
I think its the best way to learn a little history in each cities.

kopisiewdai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take the free sandeman tour in all the cities you are visiting. Its a FREE walking tour and at the end of the tour you will just tip the tour guide however much you want. They have them in London, Paris and Amsterdam.
I think its the best way to learn a little history in each cities.

is there any conditions/requirements for the free tour?

annat

is there any conditions/requirements for the free tour?

Nope. I think there are 2 tours everyday at the same starting point. The guides earn money from tips. So you pay as much or as little as you want. Usually base on how good you think the guide is.