• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘What right do I have to complain?’

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: complain is a typical Singaporean culture to be passed down to younger generations. not happy ah? complain lah! :biggrin: uniquely Singapore!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't go all the way and call it wonderful, but yes, in general i agree. I feel a lot of people do not appreciate what they have here simply because they have not experienced anything to compare it with.

And with experience i don't mean some holiday. I talking about living in another country, being exposed to a different system for an extended period of time.

You remind me of the first forummer here whose hymen I tore. The name was Stephanie myo539 Chia. Like all women, she will always have a special place in her heart for me.....LOL

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Proof that some people are born to be slaves

YOUR VIEW: ‘What right do I have to complain?’

ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<cite class="byline vcard" id="yui_3_8_1_1_1363359532997_1532" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 12px; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; display: inline-block !important;">Yahoo! Newsroom – <abbr title="2013-03-14T04:14:03Z" style="border: 0px;">Thu, Mar 14, 2013
</abbr></cite>

b0cd9725-51c9-4a95-862a-651d2614dc7f_singaporeans4.jpg

Getty Images - SINGAPORE - FEBRUARY 14: Commuters commute at lunch hour at Raffles Place on February 14, 2013 in Singapore. The government white paper revealed Singapore's population may increase 30% to over 6.9 million by 2030, with nearly half the population expected to be foreign-born. Many local residents are critising the plan ,concerned about the added strain on housing, transportation and healthcare and the diminishing identity of the Singaporean community. (Photo by Suhaimi Abdullah/Getty Images)

This email by a reader was sent to us via [email protected]. We welcome your views. Please include your full name, age and occupation if you want your emails to be considered for publishing. Please note that all submissions will be subject to these terms.

I just came back from Thailand not too long ago. Their way of life is so different from us.

Here in Singapore, we rush when we eat, we talk on the phone while we are walking, we multi-task.

We complain about this and that, every niggly thing we can think of. We chase after time and even when we are at home, we would get the kids to go to bed early because of school the next day. Everything is about rushing and chaos.

Back in Thailand, they savour their humble food and the quality time they have with their family. Be it a good or bad day, they are content with what they have earned for the day. They can stand and sell things for over seven hours with only two buyers yet they still serve with a smile. They are not so fortunate like us that their government is able to give handouts. Their service is good. They are not pampered people like us. They have just been bought up that way.

Bringing in too much foreign talent itself makes citizens upset. But if we look at another point of view, it’s very competitive to have them here. Competition is very healthy. If we badly want what is right for us, then fight for it. Show the government we can work thrice as good as the foreigners.

I went to a restaurant to dine with my two kids. They are both toddlers. When I asked one of the local waiter where I can get plain water, he pointed to me “there….” and then he walked off.

I couldn’t see it. Being a pampered Singaporean plus not wanting to leave my 2 toddlers alone, I asked another Filipino waiter where I can get the water. He pointed to me “there” but he offered to take the water for me since I have two toddlers to handle. He even brought me two glasses of water in case I needed a refill.

At fast food restaurants, the ang mohs clear their own tray to the dustbin but do I? No, I merely wait for the waiter to clear the tray for me. I must be too pampered. How can that be when I do the chores all by myself at home?

Whenever I have a problem with the mobile network or even at work, Singaporeans tends to sigh when you ask them repeated questions if you do not understand. In contrast, Filipinos demonstrate everlasting patience and go through step by step with me until I fully understand. It may take 30 minutes but yet they are patient. You can tell from their tone of voice.

When Singaporeans cannot offer this kind of service, why am I complaining when FTs are taking over my rightful place? I should be ashamed of myself.

I come from a middle class family background, spoilt rotten with love by my parents and family, grew up in a well sheltered country yet I forget to count my blessings. I keep complaining and comparing myself with those higher than me when I should have compared myself with those less fortunate.

I better start to be thankful for what I have been given and blessed with before everything is taken away from me.

Zarinah Idris, 40
Assistant buyer in a hospital

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Proof that some people are born to be slaves

For his age he should not be a rank and file minion in a government restructured hospital. Looks like he could be another displaced professional suckling off the tits of the nanny state. It is quite understandable, giving thanks to small mercies like these from his benefactors.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Proof that some people are born to be slaves

[h=2]‘What right do I have to complain?’[/h]

When someone questions his/her right to complain, then he/she doesn't deserve any rights at all.

Thank god/allah there are such people around or else there will be not enough people to sweep the roads, wash my cars, clear the thrash etc..

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunlight = Happiness

Sweden's suicide rate is higher than Singapore's.

Finland was also ranked the highest. There is probably a good reason why people who lived in the north like Scandinavian countries where natural lighting is scarce and low that can cause people to become moody and stressed. I'm NOT at all surprised by this finding.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At fast food restaurants, the ang mohs clear their own tray to the dustbin

They do that because they have a level of civic consciousness and don't treat those who work cleaning jobs like lepers. Sinkees are so status conscious and scorn the poor.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't go all the way and call it wonderful, but yes, in general i agree. I feel a lot of people do not appreciate what they have here simply because they have not experienced anything to compare it with.

And with experience i don't mean some holiday. I talking about living in another country, being exposed to a different system for an extended period of time.

So, life in sinkapore is much better than life in Germany?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on guys. You claim to support the party for the common people yet you can't accept the simple views of a simple man. I don't get it.

Complain and complain...

That Malay guy a simple bodoh. Now, if we are bodohs, we will all nod our heads in agreement.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies have to spend time abroad before they can get a feel of how wonderful the PAP government actually is.

PAP has to spend time abroad governing before they can get a feel of how wonderful governing Sinkies actually is.