• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum points revamp?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nonetheless, I am dismayed that my power has been cut in half. Its like having half a testicle sawed off.

I wish all you guys would simply get on with contributing useful discussions to the forum instead of going on and on about the rep system.

I've been trying out various enhancements to the rep system over the last couple of days and it will take me another few to determine which are useful and stable. In the meantime, rest assured your power has not been cut by half. If I'm not mistaken, it should now be higher than what it was.

Check FAQ regularly for updates.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For non donors, if your power is x, you add x and subtract 0.5x

For donors, if your power is x, you add 2x and subtract 2x.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those who donated a lot were the most affected. As you said before, Sam is also rewarding seniority over post count. I guess this is directed at those kopiuncle types who make lot of posts but little content.

what content do you want?
again " those kopiuncle types"
can you please elaborate ?
you are a screwball type?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What I intend to do is remove infractions as a moderating tool and put more emphasis on reputation points to influence community behavior.

The infraction system was never used as intended. I was the only one dishing out infractions for messing up quote tags, quoting the whole post, using huge fonts etc. Most of those with infractions powers used it as a political tool to silence opposing voices and settle feuds.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What I intend to do is remove infractions as a moderating tool and put more emphasis on reputation points to influence community behavior.

The infraction system was never used as intended. I was the only one dishing out infractions for messing up quote tags, quoting the whole post, using huge fonts etc. Most of those with infractions powers used it as a political tool to silence opposing voices and settle feuds.

absolutely spot on!
i totally agree.
good move.

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Namaste, namaste to all. Lordkrishna vant to tell you, there are many Lords in this place but there is only One Lord and his name is Lordsam not Leongsam. So if all of you know this then Lordkrishna vant to tell you this important mantra -

The Lordsam Giveth The Lordsam Taketh

And remember Naked you come, Naked you shall go.

OM namaste OM

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Namaste, namaste to all. Lordkrishna vant to tell you, there are many Lords in this place but there is only One Lord and his name is Lordsam not Leongsam. So if all of you know this then Lordkrishna vant to tell you this important mantra -

The Lordsam Giveth The Lordsam Taketh

And remember Naked you come, Naked you shall go.

OM namaste OM

that's the eternal truth...OM

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For non donors, if your power is x, you add x and subtract 0.5x

For donors, if your power is x, you add 2x and subtract 2x.

Boss although this don't concern me don't mind I say this ah your add 2x and subtract 2x is like your avatar, left ball right ball both lampar parlan same same.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss although this don't concern me don't mind I say this ah your add 2x and subtract 2x is like your avatar, left ball right ball both lampar parlan same same.
datz 4 making feud settling mor exciting! ... :eek:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish all you guys would simply get on with contributing useful discussions to the forum instead of going on and on about the rep system.

I've been trying out various enhancements to the rep system over the last couple of days and it will take me another few to determine which are useful and stable. In the meantime, rest assured your power has not been cut by half. If I'm not mistaken, it should now be higher than what it was.

Check FAQ regularly for updates.

Any White Paper?:confused: