Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Culture Differences - What PRCs find surprising when staying in Japan

My Reputation Points: 443 / Power: 0

Default Re: Culture Differences - What PRCs find surprising when staying in Japan

- Pedestrians in Japan obey crossing signals and wait to cross even if there is no traffic.

This one very funny , if one guy cross ... Then every one will follow that guy monkey see monkey do . They need some leader in the pack that's also culture
    Last edited by Lordshiva; 22-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: Culture Differences - What PRCs find surprising when staying in Japan

- Although there are no rubbish bins supplied on the streets, citizens take their litter home with them. For this reason, the streets are always clean.

This one also surprised me the first time when in Japan . My wife bag is full of rubbish !!!

- Japan has hotels designed specifically for the purpose of having sex, where the front lobby is designed in such a way that the customer is saved the embarrassment of coming face to face with hotel staff.

You can collect keys from a venting machine after choosing what theme of room you want from the venting machine ( there's photo ) and buy sex toy in venting machine .

- Anyone participating in a wedding ceremony adheres to the strict rule of formal wear.

Funeral also ... So everyone house must have suit .

- Household waste is collected on fixed days of the week.

Different day collect different waste .

If you are the first to go inside a lift you must ask the next one who enter the lift what floor they are going and press for them .

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    in u.s. where paper napkins, paper hand towels and toilet paper are readily available, ah tiong-run businesses, offices, salons, restaurants and homes are always clogged with wrong kinds of paper in the w.c. causing overflows. you'll find signs in chinese and english, even in homes, that read "don't throw paper towels in the toilet; only toilet paper goes into the toilet."
    Same situation on flights where PRCs make up a sizeable pool of pax. The aircraft toilets are always dirty and wet and the toilets get clogged up. Maybe the Chinese government should teach their nationals how to use aircraft toilets before letting them fly.

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

Quote Originally Posted by YaoSiuKia View Post
    You should also tell your landlady not to throw her sanitary pad into the toilet bowl.
    she's menopausal and has stopped using pads long ago. but still has bad sushi smell.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    Same situation on flights where PRCs make up a sizeable pool of pax. The aircraft toilets are always dirty and wet and the toilets get clogged up. Maybe the Chinese government should teach their nationals how to use aircraft toilets before letting them fly.
    they also need a national dental health and hygiene campaign. tiongs have some of the most rotten teeth in the world.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

My Reputation Points: 4273 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    A Chinese perspective: Some surprising cultural differences upon coming to Japan

TOKYO —
    On Feb 1, a Chinese newspaper writing primarily for Chinese nationals residing in Japan published an article titled “Some of the Things that Surprised Me when Coming to Japan.” Written by Chinese men and women who have experienced the Japanese lifestyle, the publication gives accounts of some quite startling differences between Chinese and Japanese customs and what is taken for granted as common sense.

On first coming to Japan, some of the things that shocked the Chinese that took part in this poll include:

- Fundamentally, a child’s medical expenses are free of charge.

Why can't our Gahmen practice this ?
    A good way to boost the population
    spotter๕๔๒

Karma is a bitch

One day your life will flash before your eyes , make sure it's worth watching

My Reputation Points: 6905 / Power: 11

During my last trip to China, knn they tend to eat the dishes 1st, if not full then eat the rice, they find it weird when we eat vege/meat with rice...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    BusNo64 is a cheapskate low baller
    This is how you sum up Drifter, see here, hahaha
    FishyPie - Moron of the Decade, and a SPH dog

My Reputation Points: 6905 / Power: 11

Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    they also need a national dental health and hygiene campaign. tiongs have some of the most rotten teeth in the world.
    I thought the aborigenes takes that title?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    BusNo64 is a cheapskate low baller
    This is how you sum up Drifter, see here, hahaha
    FishyPie - Moron of the Decade, and a SPH dog

My Reputation Points: 2509 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshiva View Post
    - Pedestrians in Japan obey crossing signals and wait to cross even if there is no traffic.

This one very funny , if one guy cross ... Then every one will follow that guy monkey see monkey do . They need some leader in the pack that's also culture
    in china the zebra crossing and traffic lights machiam non existent! Even thought its green man for pedestrian to cross the road, i still see the bus, taxi etc... chiong the red light
    Juga saya Heshan

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    i tried it, i can't smell anything..
    New-Innovation-Google-Nose

Diary Vs Dairy

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by ThugSin View Post
    in china the zebra crossing and traffic lights machiam non existent! Even thought its green man for pedestrian to cross the road, i still see the bus, taxi etc... chiong the red light
    Yes, you got to watch for the cars ...the lights are not observed at all. With more than a billion people, one more death makes no difference. But the driver responsible for the injury to pedestrian had better be careful as the mob rules in China.

They should installed a video camera and fine or banned those fuckers !!

They should installed a video camera and fine or banned those fuckers !!
    from what i notice , only afew areas have not all but i guess they are slowly setting up speeding cams.. The taxi drivers lagi powerful.. machiam initial d racers..
    Last edited by ThugSin; 22-02-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Juga saya Heshan

Diary Vs Dairy

from what i notice , only afew areas have not all but i guess they are slowly setting up speeding cams.. The taxi drivers lagi powerful.. machiam initial d racers..
    That's why china have many crazy car accidents .

That's why china have many crazy car accidents .
    ya but i mainly go to 厦门 & 安溪 not really sure what is happening in other province till i read in the news so far the only langa i saw was on the way to 龙门.. van and truck kissing
    Juga saya Heshan

Diary Vs Dairy

My Reputation Points: 4487 / Power: 13

支那猪/共产狗 finding out how a civilized culture behaves.

Must be some cultural shock eh?

P.S: The Japanese also do not shit, or let their kids shit in the public.

My Reputation Points: 1023 / Power: 6

Vietnam even more jialat brother.
    Proud Member of 69

Please up my points if you like 69

Thread Information