• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Culture Differences - What PRCs find surprising when staying in Japan

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
- Pedestrians in Japan obey crossing signals and wait to cross even if there is no traffic.

This one very funny , if one guy cross ... Then every one will follow that guy :wink: monkey see monkey do . They need some leader in the pack that's also culture :wink:

Last edited:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
- Although there are no rubbish bins supplied on the streets, citizens take their litter home with them. For this reason, the streets are always clean.

This one also surprised me the first time when in Japan . My wife bag is full of rubbish !!!

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
- Japan has hotels designed specifically for the purpose of having sex, where the front lobby is designed in such a way that the customer is saved the embarrassment of coming face to face with hotel staff.

You can collect keys from a venting machine after choosing what theme of room you want from the venting machine ( there's photo ) :wink: and buy sex toy in venting machine .

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
- Anyone participating in a wedding ceremony adheres to the strict rule of formal wear.

Funeral also ... So everyone house must have suit .

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are the first to go inside a lift you must ask the next one who enter the lift what floor they are going and press for them .

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in u.s. where paper napkins, paper hand towels and toilet paper are readily available, ah tiong-run businesses, offices, salons, restaurants and homes are always clogged with wrong kinds of paper in the w.c. causing overflows. you'll find signs in chinese and english, even in homes, that read "don't throw paper towels in the toilet; only toilet paper goes into the toilet." :rolleyes:

Same situation on flights where PRCs make up a sizeable pool of pax. The aircraft toilets are always dirty and wet and the toilets get clogged up. Maybe the Chinese government should teach their nationals how to use aircraft toilets before letting them fly.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same situation on flights where PRCs make up a sizeable pool of pax. The aircraft toilets are always dirty and wet and the toilets get clogged up. Maybe the Chinese government should teach their nationals how to use aircraft toilets before letting them fly.

they also need a national dental health and hygiene campaign. tiongs have some of the most rotten teeth in the world. :eek:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Chinese perspective: Some surprising cultural differences upon coming to Japan

TOKYO —
On Feb 1, a Chinese newspaper writing primarily for Chinese nationals residing in Japan published an article titled “Some of the Things that Surprised Me when Coming to Japan.” Written by Chinese men and women who have experienced the Japanese lifestyle, the publication gives accounts of some quite startling differences between Chinese and Japanese customs and what is taken for granted as common sense.

On first coming to Japan, some of the things that shocked the Chinese that took part in this poll include:

- Fundamentally, a child’s medical expenses are free of charge.

Why can't our Gahmen practice this ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A good way to boost the population
:p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my last trip to China, knn they tend to eat the dishes 1st, if not full then eat the rice, they find it weird when we eat vege/meat with rice...

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
- Pedestrians in Japan obey crossing signals and wait to cross even if there is no traffic.

This one very funny , if one guy cross ... Then every one will follow that guy :wink: monkey see monkey do . They need some leader in the pack that's also culture :wink:

in china the zebra crossing and traffic lights machiam non existent! :eek: Even thought its green man for pedestrian to cross the road, i still see the bus, taxi etc... chiong the red light :eek:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in china the zebra crossing and traffic lights machiam non existent! :eek: Even thought its green man for pedestrian to cross the road, i still see the bus, taxi etc... chiong the red light :eek:

Yes, you got to watch for the cars ...the lights are not observed at all. With more than a billion people, one more death makes no difference. But the driver responsible for the injury to pedestrian had better be careful as the mob rules in China.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should installed a video camera and fine or banned those fuckers !!

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They should installed a video camera and fine or banned those fuckers !!

from what i notice , only afew areas have not all but i guess they are slowly setting up speeding cams.. The taxi drivers lagi powerful.. machiam initial d racers..

Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why china have many crazy car accidents .

ya but i mainly go to 厦门 & 安溪 :o not really sure what is happening in other province till i read in the news :o so far the only langa i saw was on the way to 龙门.. van and truck kissing :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
支那猪/共产狗 finding out how a civilized culture behaves.

Must be some cultural shock eh?

P.S: The Japanese also do not shit, or let their kids shit in the public.