• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA or NEA should buy this to cut down ah neh labours

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ScreenShot2013-02-20at32109PM_zps7fd94d30.jpg

STREET PAVING: A 'Tiger-Stone' paved a road in IJmuiden, Netherlands, Tuesday. The Dutch-made machine uses gravity and an electric motor to lay stone and brick roads and is capable of laying 300 square meters (about 360 square yards) of road a day.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The local Singaporean is unwilling to do outdoor and/or "blue-collared" work, which this kind of work is classified as. Way back in 1992, I was sent to Cleveland, Ohio and witnessed a two-man crew working a factory-floor installation using some machine. Comparing with work-crew in Singapore (then), 7-crew, sloshing around the pails and drums of epoxies, high-wastage, time-consuming, I never could imagine how anyone could invest in Singapore then without labour crews from Johore who were committed and got the work done. I hate to say so - but Singapore needs foreigners. Which Singaporean parent wants to see their child working outdoors under the sun?

Cheers!

Cufflinks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PMO should get a machine that can churn out motherhood statements on all types of topics.

That should cut down on chiak liao bee ministarial labour.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think many of us here are well traveled. u will observe that other countries blue collar jobs mostly replace by technology rather than like local keep using bangla and ah tiong to do the job. talking about productivity. construction is the main culprit, addicted to low wages than to improve on the productivity by making use of technology.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore dun use bricks for road, because it is bad and uncomfortable to ride on car. I hate to ride on brick road. It sucks.