• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK - Scotland > Yes the blokes where skirts (Kilts) with nothing underneath

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Want to know more about Scotland, rent Braveheart. Though not a 100% refletion but it does capture some of what Scotland is about.

How to get there?
I do not think there's any tour packages that does Scotland specifically. More to London and to other European countries.

You can fly budget to Edinburgh (Scotland's capital) from London, takes less than 1hr. Or you can take the train from Kings Cross to Waverley station.

Getting around?
Do rent a car. They are okey with international license and they are on RH drive so drivers from Singapore should be okey.

Things to note.
1) Most shops closes very early (3pm), extended shopping are on wednesday (shops close at 6-8pm).
2) Shops closes early mean pubs open early for happy hour. :biggrin:
3) Pub food are very decent (try to hop at least 3, can try their fish & chip but i say go for their local fare - Scots egg, Haggies > for the brave.)
4) Expect showers in Scotland, whole year round - bring a brolly or poncho.

What to do in Scotland?
Edinburgh
1) Visit Edinburgh Castle - HM stays there when she visits.
300px-Edinburgh_Castle_from_the_south_east.JPG
2) If you're there in August there's the Military Tattoo.
1238071030.jpg
3) Visit their tourism office and signup for a Ghost Trail advanture.

Drive up north to Glasgow.
1) Take in the scenery during the drive.
2) Try to stay at their local bed & breakfast (B&B) it's an experience.

Continue up north to the tip.
1) Check out Loch Ness along the way.
Lochness-Monster%u00255B1%5D.jpg

Drive back down.
1) You'll pass by Stirling.
2) Visit Wallace Castle.

Whole trip takes about 4 days so its something worth doing if you're in for the scenery and the history.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Scots are analogous to the Hakkas for us Chinese. They're the 'outsiders', with a reputation for being stingy.

Joke:
Q: Why is a Scottish girl like a tortoise?
A: They're both fucked as soon as they're on their backs!

niceguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
A day trip climbing up Ben Nevis in summer is a good experience. Start early though, it takes a couple of hours depending on your fitness.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never really liked Scotland... the whole area striked me as a barren land. The only place i enjoyed here was Isle of Skye... the sun never sets during summer.
Edinburgh was ok... just go take a view from the hilltop overlooking the little city.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Haggis land

I love driving on the country roads (A or B prefixed roads), crossing medieval stone bridges, passing cottages/villages, giving way to oncoming traffic and cattle!

For the highlands,
Interesting spots incl. Aviemore. If you like Nessy, he is lurking in one of the loches. Someone mentioned Ben Nevis.

For the lowlands,
West coast of Scotland is nice for guided Walks, trout fishing and fishing boat charters. ) Everyone seems to have their freshest & best fish & chips. But deep frying fish is not my favorite way to enjoy its freshness. Places include Arbroath.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Scots are analogous to the Hakkas for us Chinese. They're the 'outsiders', with a reputation for being stingy.
Scotsmen can even peel orange in their pockets (as not to share with others) :p

Edinburgh is quite pretty. Plenty water, lochs abound. Can save $$ by over-nighter train to Kings Cross.