• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
their dustbin.

I once read a story i think from a forummer here that mentioned there was one private home owner that put a sign on the dustbin outside home no dog poo. You know how dog owners that walk their dogs would pick up the dog's poo and then dispose of it so this guy's home must be where many dog owners lived and he didn't want ppl to throw rubbish into the dustbin outside his home which he assumed belonged to him. The big green dustbin that is outside every home doesn't belong to the owners obviously it's for them to put their trash inside and they don't need to do anything else cos the garbage man will take the trash away. I know some house owners especially those that live in those estates usually full of terrace houses where their own home compound isn't large enough to park their car so they park their car outside their homes and they consider that space their parking lot but the dustbin outside your house? Do you think such ppl are well just simply "neow" or just plain unreasonable?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into..

dog poo will interrupt the flow of positive feng shui into their houses :biggrin::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into..

Honestly though are some home owners really that unreasonable or sensitive to take offence at ppl throwing rubbish into the dustbins outside their homes? Although i know dog poo is gross even if it's wrapped up but still the dustbin outside their homes does not belong to them and they aren't throwing out the rubbish.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how about people put up sign like this :o

listen-to-mee.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how about people put up sign like this :o

listen-to-mee.jpg

Ah ba ah this one not counted. He tells them not to enter his premises. The thing i am talking about is the dustbin outside the house. You never see private house before ah? You stay in which 1 room hdb flat?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the description provided, it comes across that these home owners are selfish. Firstly, one packet of dog poo doesn't take up a lot of space, and it better inside the dustbin than left on the street. They should offer their dustbins for these purpose unless their neigbourhood committees provide public dustbins for trash and pet poo.

The next issue - parking their cars on public streets is inconsiderate and poses a public danger. In my neighbourhood (suburb of Toronto), parking on the street outside your home will get you a parking fine ticket - it obstructs utilities trucks' routes and endangers kids on bikes, mothers pushing prams, blah blah. When I drive through places like Opera Estate, Serangoon Gardens, Watten Estate, the cars parked on the streets are just bothersome, and obstructs clear view, furthermore, those buggers pay millions of dollars for their private residence sure have the feeling of prestige and distinction made crappy by having to negotiate the obstacles. Good luck to them when the population hits 6.9 million.

Cheers!

Asiana

The big green dustbin that is outside every home doesn't belong to the owners obviously it's for them to put their trash inside and they don't need to do anything else cos the garbage man will take the trash away.

But, if you are living near high human traffic area then you will get more garbage then others who are not. I'm sure bin is quite big for all these garbage and it shouldn't be a problem if they clear it on the daily basis.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From the description provided, it comes across that these home owners are selfish. Firstly, one packet of dog poo doesn't take up a lot of space, and it better inside the dustbin than left on the street. They should offer their dustbins for these purpose unless their neigbourhood committees provide public dustbins for trash and pet poo.

The next issue - parking their cars on public streets is inconsiderate and poses a public danger. In my neighbourhood (suburb of Toronto), parking on the street outside your home will get you a parking fine ticket - it obstructs utilities trucks' routes and endangers kids on bikes, mothers pushing prams, blah blah. When I drive through places like Opera Estate, Serangoon Gardens, Watten Estate, the cars parked on the streets are just bothersome, and obstructs clear view, furthermore, those buggers pay millions of dollars for their private residence sure have the feeling of prestige and distinction made crappy by having to negotiate the obstacles. Good luck to them when the population hits 6.9 million.

Cheers!

Actually i don't think the dustbins belong to them. It's those huge green dustbins outside the homes provided by the govt so it's just odd that some home owners would get offended if others use their dustbin.

Parking outside the home takes place in every estate so there's no avoiding that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Jah its not just dog poo and its not just the neighbours sometimes its people other then neighbours, gardeners maids etc they can fill up your bloody bin real fast with rubbish and branches and grass just because its convenient for them. And yes this may be funny, dog owners like me will throw our own dog poo into our own can but don't feel ok for others to so into our can, perhaps we fear others don't wrap the poo properly. For me whenever I was around I'll pull the bin in and night time leave it outside for collectors in the morning, so simple no need to fight anyone.

In Thailand the bin is inside the wall of the concrete fence see photo below (see botom left hand corner the grey door on the wall?), for this design most people outside will not open the bin door to throw stuff anyway you can lock it if you like.

1343.jpg

their dustbin.

I once read a story i think from a forummer here that mentioned there was one private home owner that put a sign on the dustbin outside home no dog poo. You know how dog owners that walk their dogs would pick up the dog's poo and then dispose of it so this guy's home must be where many dog owners lived and he didn't want ppl to throw rubbish into the dustbin outside his home which he assumed belonged to him. The big green dustbin that is outside every home doesn't belong to the owners obviously it's for them to put their trash inside and they don't need to do anything else cos the garbage man will take the trash away. I know some house owners especially those that live in those estates usually full of terrace houses where their own home compound isn't large enough to park their car so they park their car outside their homes and they consider that space their parking lot but the dustbin outside your house? Do you think such ppl are well just simply "neow" or just plain unreasonable?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jah its not just dog poo and its not just the neighbours sometimes its people other then neighbours, gardeners maids etc they can fill up your bloody bin real fast with rubbish and branches and grass just because its convenient for them. And yes this may be funny, dog owners like me will throw our own dog poo into our own can but don't feel ok for others to so into our can, perhaps we fear others don't wrap the poo properly. For me whenever I was around I'll pull the bin in and night time leave it outside for collectors in the morning, so simple no need to fight anyone.

In Thailand the bin is inside the wall of the concrete fence see photo below (see botom left hand corner the grey door on the wall?), for this design most people outside will not open the bin door to throw stuff anyway you can lock it if you like.

View attachment 9173

Yes i noticed that in indonesia too. I saw one documentary about rubbish collectors in indonesia and the bin is inside the home compound i think that's gross thank god it's outside the compound in sg.

Btw is the dustbin your own or provided by the govt?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Yes i noticed that in indonesia too. I saw one documentary about rubbish collectors in indonesia and the bin is inside the home compound i think that's gross thank god it's outside the compound in sg.

Btw is the dustbin your own or provided by the govt?

When I moved in and registered to have rubbish collection they came to give me a green bin, a few years later they come give me a blue and told me its for recycle rubbish like bottles and papers so I guess government gave la but I think you cannot call it government just the agency.

As for Thailand the dirty black bin is already there when I moved in guess its the estate management who provided for it. By the way the bin "inside" the property is not like inside the home, I feel its the same as Singapore only small difference is within the fence or just outside the fence not much different. In fact I feel this is better as unlike Singapore I no longer need to move the bin fearing others using it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I moved in and registered to have rubbish collection they came to give me a green bin, a few years later they come give me a blue and told me its for recycle rubbish like bottles and papers so I guess government gave la but I think you cannot call it government just the agency.

As for Thailand the dirty black bin is already there when I moved in guess its the estate management who provided for it. By the way the bin "inside" the property is not like inside the home, I feel its the same as Singapore only small difference is within the fence or just outside the fence not much different. In fact I feel this is better as unlike Singapore I no longer need to move the bin fearing others using it.

but if ppl just throw a bit of their rubbish at the bins would you be pissed?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

but if ppl just throw a bit of their rubbish at the bins would you be pissed?

Seriously I've not seen anyone doing it although I had found rubbish other than mine inside it, I don't believe its from my neighbours I believe its mostly from those passing by. Was I pissed, naaaaa, don't need to be so serious.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

their dustbin.

I wonder what about other western countries, do angmohs throw their rubbish or dog poo into their neighbours' bins? And what's expected of their reaction.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wonder what about other western countries, do angmohs throw their rubbish or dog poo into their neighbours' bins? And what's expected of their reaction.

i don't really think they would mind. Besides in ang moh countries they somehow have more pressing things to worry about like muggings, noisy neighbours etc. Then again some uptight ang mohs would be pissed off.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

i don't really think they would mind. Besides in ang moh countries they somehow have more pressing things to worry about like muggings, noisy neighbours etc. Then again some uptight ang mohs would be pissed off.

I see. I think angmoh country more dangerous because pissed off neighbours many have guns.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

In London boroughs they throw garbage into eacj other lawns!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

View attachment 9173

brother [joetys],

As reflected in that photo, you live in a very spacious house.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

brother [joetys],

As reflected in that photo, you live in a very spacious house.

Oh no no no this is not my house I just googled it to show the dustbin door photo, the photo I had for my rented house does not show the dustbin door but this is it I took after I put up my CNY decor. I am sorry if I had misled anyone. I think its about the same size has the one I googled.

92A52BD2-FA6A-4F4C-9D41-3F0928E33205-3840-000000D322DD65DD.jpg

Last edited: