• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paragon Suites @ CIQ

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
How near is Paragon Suites from the proposed RTS station at Bukit Chagar?

either across the road from lion hotel, or possibly a bit further if the station is closer to komtar/ matex. best case 200-300m, worst case about 1km or less.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

As one of the owners of this not very popular development (at least in this forum), may I check with anyone of you on the following:

1. The development is going to TOP very soon. The last I heard is May/Jun 2017. It's certainly almost completed. The unit I bought consists of a studio and a two-bedder. What should I expect in terms of rental?

2. Would you advise that I sell? If so, how much can I realistically expect in terms of psf?

Thank you.

sceneofmoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,

Any owner of PS here? I am one of the owner there and would like to stay in touch with the rest of the owner for PS.

Csteven

Hi there,

Any owner of PS here? I am one of the owner there and would like to stay in touch with the rest of the owner for PS.

Hi,

They held a very elaborate party for completion of project. But, unfortunately, after collecting the keys, I was shocked. No electricity, the unit was not clean up for handover. Spitum on the floor, toilet filthy and black inside. cigarette butts under the bath, oven and kitchen floor stained. hundreds of cement droppings on the master bedroom window and the list goes on. I also noticed that the master bedroom now faces Tower B, which means the window now faces a wall.

After careful scrutiny of all the documents, I have realised that actually, this is not the unit I thought I have bought with reference to the pictures in the brochure and the scale model. On inspection of the S and P agreement, I realised the the unit orientation has been reversed and the detailed drawing actually shows that the master bedroom window now faces the wall of tower B, I regretted not studying the details more carefully in the S and P agreement. I had assumed that it would similar to the brochure and the model, but it is not. The most glaring thing is in all the brochure and model they show my unit balcony and bedroom unblock by Tower B ( balcony on the right and bedroom on the left side). In the S and P the balcony is now on the left and the bedroom on the right which is now block by Tower B. But I realised that in all the brochures and model, they have move Tower B further away to show that my unit is not block by the tower. The brochures and the model were altered to give a wrong impression and is completely different from the structural plan. I am sure the other owners of that particular stack must also be aware. I feel cheated and I am figuring out how to approach the developer. all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Have a good day everyone.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your unit seems to be B stack in Tower A, as shown in the schematic below.

dpw9rs.jpg

Source: https://www.huttonsgroup.com/project/paragon-suites

Compared to the actual photo below, it is likely that the site is smaller than depicted, hence the towers squeeze and overlap, causing B stack in Tower A and B1 stack in Tower B to be totally blocked. The consolation is they don't experience any east or west sun anymore.

mcstgl.jpg

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/paragon-suites-ciq-for-sale-by-simon-lum-25603520

It should be based on S&P, since all illustrations and models at the showroom are artist's impression, even for Singapore.

sceneofmoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Sound like we bought the same tower and the unit that face the same problem. I read the plan and found alot of different. There is no window in second room as well.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Sound like we bought the same tower and the unit that face the same problem. I read the plan and found alot of different. There is no window in second room as well.

paragon-suites-layout.jpg

Yes, the second bedroom don't have any windows at all.
Wonder how the developer can even obtain planning approval from the authorities for such stupid and non practical layout.
Apparently, this is not the only case, another KSL condo in Nusa Bestari has the same situation.

Most of the condos were planned with the main entrance along a common corridor, so windows are only on the shorter end hence making the units dark and stuffy in the dining area.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's terrible. What about the 2 bathrooms? Small windows for ventilation perhaps? Otherwise there'll be constant dampness leading to other issues.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess not much you can do if the spa states that the unit is blocked by the opposite block. Only what's stated in the spa is legally binding....I feel sorry for you, a balcony facing a wall is totally not acceptable.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's terrible. What about the 2 bathrooms? Small windows for ventilation perhaps? Otherwise there'll be constant dampness leading to other issues.

Its indeed terrible!
Bathroom 1 is totally enclosed so should be fitted with electrical exhaust fans but the tenants need to pray very hard the fans don't breakdown.
Even with electrical exhaust fan, it has to be turned on for a long time to disperse toilet smell and steam and dampness from hot shower.
Looking at the plan, wonder what kind of ventilation windows are fitted for the kitchen.

hihipopo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for you. But i guess you should study the floor plan carefully before the purchase.
Even without the master bedroom facing the wall. Enclosed bedroom 2 is totally not acceptable, and this should be part of the illustration.
Frankly speaking i don't know who wants to stay in such layout.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for you. But i guess you should study the floor plan carefully before the purchase.
Even without the master bedroom facing the wall. Enclosed bedroom 2 is totally not acceptable, and this should be part of the illustration.
Frankly speaking i don't know who wants to stay in such layout.

Unfortunately, many investors don't know how to read floor plans.
Another example of a non practical floor plan in D'Inspire in Nusa Bestari by KSL where the bedroom window opens to the kitchen!

floor4.jpg

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, many investors don't know how to read floor plans.
Another example of a non practical floor plan in D'Inspire in Nusa Bestari by KSL where the bedroom window opens to the kitchen!

View attachment 31737

That's the problem with some of these condos. The layout only allow to have two bedrooms with windows, but they die die want to squeeze in one more bedroom. End up that additional bedroom without window, or a window looking into kitchen. They should just keep to two bedrooms.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the problem with some of these condos. The layout only allow to have two bedrooms with windows, but they die die want to squeeze in one more bedroom. End up that additional bedroom without window, or a window looking into kitchen. They should just keep to two bedrooms.

You're right, they die die wanted to have 3 bedrooms but just unable to be creative in their design so ending up with 1 bedroom's windows opening into the kitchen, and worse, the wet kitchen with all the cooking fumes and smell!
This is found in D'Secret Garden, again by KSL!
They must have employed some very unimaginative architects to design they properties.

typed.jpg