• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

White Paper or White Elephant?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you didn’t misread the figure. A staggering 79,000 new PRs were granted in just one year in 2008!

Choosing the highest point and saying that the influx has been reduced from there is trying to pull wool over our eyes. I am sure feedback contributors did not mean this when they asked for tighter controls on the immigration inflow. Were they consulted about the annual intake of 30,000 PRs or the 6.9 million population target?

Another thing: how are the immigration targets in this White Paper different from last April’s Occasional Paper, presumably written before the National Conversation was underway? Readers can compare the two papers yourself (see p. 7 of the Occasional Paper).

And I was right. The slew of goodies announced during the campaign period in the Punggol East by-election are meant NOT to ease the current problems but to prepare Singapore for a faster growing population through immigration. Am I glad the smart Punggol East voters were not enticed by the government’s “carrots” which are not carrots at all!

- http://singaporearmchaircritic.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/white-paper-or-white-elephant/