• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Joo Chiat becoming a slum?

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live here in Joo Chiat and I feel it is slowly becoming a slum. Rubbish not cleared, the walk way have plenty of rubbish and cigarettes butts. The walkway along East Coast Road mostly broken into bits. The plants are not taken care off, it looks overgrown with foreign plants. Almost like the state of Singapore.. LOL

Who else stay at Joo Chiat SMC? Last time under Chan Soo Sen not like that. I stayed here for more than ten years already.. disappointing. CNY coming, please get people to clear up the place. Don't just put up your big picture opposite Siglap Center. Thank you.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/why-joo-chiat-becoming-slum-4081014.html

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your post allows me to make an observation. What has happened to the PAPzi's ability to attract 'grassroots' MPs like:
  • Chan Soo Sen
  • Ong Ah Heng
  • Peh Chin Hua
  • Harun Ghani
  • Othman Wok
  • Devan Nair?

Not that I love any of the above, but I acknowledge their ability to move the ground.

Why are we left with Salah Peiling, Teo Ho Pin, et. al.?

Last edited:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever happened to Chan's promise that he will clean up the damm place of all the Viet hookers anyways? Became a worse nightmare if you asked me.....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Invaded by Vietnamese, so you'd expect Joo Chiat to have similar hygiene standards as Ho Chi Minh City. :wink:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I live here in Joo Chiat and I feel it is slowly becoming a slum. Rubbish not cleared, the walk way have plenty of rubbish and cigarettes butts. The walkway along East Coast Road mostly broken into bits. The plants are not taken care off, it looks overgrown with foreign plants. Almost like the state of Singapore.. LOL

Who else stay at Joo Chiat SMC? Last time under Chan Soo Sen not like that. I stayed here for more than ten years already.. disappointing. CNY coming, please get people to clear up the place. Don't just put up your big picture opposite Siglap Center. Thank you.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/why-joo-chiat-becoming-slum-4081014.html

may i have the honour to be the first one, who did u vote for?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I can recollect, Joo Chiat has pretty much been a slum all along. Other than char kwey teow and popiah skin, why would I go to Joo Chiat? Even her bars are sleazy ones. Oh yes, once there was a coffee shop somewhere in the middle where we'd buy pot from too.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not just a local issue that is localized to a certain GRC, SMC, district, town.

It's also a national issue. Remember how the pappies threw open the floodgates to foreigners? I guarantee you quite a lot of them were Viets.

Foreign immigrants tend to stick together with their own kind and form enclaves. Joo Chiat happens to be where the Viets like to be.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your post allows me to make an observation. What has happened to the PAPzi's ability to attract 'grassroots' MPs like:
  • Chan Soo Sen
  • Ong Ah Heng
  • Peh Chin Hua
  • Harun Ghani
  • Othman Wok
  • Devan Nair?

Not that I love any of the above, but I acknowledge their ability to move the ground.

Why are we left with Salah Peiling, Teo Ho Pin, et. al.?
Chan Soo Sen was a useless MP.......his kind uncle looks not withstanding.
He could not even resolve the warring neighbours at everitt road.......and someone mentioned the viet hookers.......

Private charles chong probably dulang he din made speaker and knows his days are numbered so bo chap liao and busy looking for exit lobangs.

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Okie, me shaLL bring this concern of yours up with Ah CharLes since he's pLaying Later at Obsession Pub for our
monthLy inter Pubs' PooL League..:wink:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okie, me shaLL bring this concern of yours up with Ah CharLes since he's pLaying Later at Obsession Pub for our
monthLy inter Pubs' PooL League..:wink:

Steady... and whilst you are at it, please ask him to send down more of his Cisco traffic warden dogs to patrol the rea. A lot pwabyes anyhow park in front of my place visitng the viet hookers and blocking the damm traffic flow around the damm area.

Fucking pek chek....

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Joo Chiat SMC now is not the Joo Chiat of the past. The current boundary is more like Siglap / Katong as it covers Opera Estates, Siglap, Frankle, Telok Kurau, ie from Bedok Sth Rd / Bedok Sth Ave 1 to Still Road.

Most parts of Joo Chiat are under Marine Parade. Go look for GCT and TCJ. :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont think if Ah Goh Goh ever stepped his foot on Joo Chiat; at best it's up to I12 Katong side onLy..:wink:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. ts, i believe the resident bitch/cunt is able to help.
2. reaching out to those dafter sheep that never listen or have any ground sentiments.
3. the cunt swings both ways hoh:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should be happy......................hope Joo Chiat be lagi more jialat.....................

like that in 2016, then opposition will win mah.....................

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I can recollect, Joo Chiat has pretty much been a slum all along. Other than char kwey teow and popiah skin, why would I go to Joo Chiat? Even her bars are sleazy ones. Oh yes, once there was a coffee shop somewhere in the middle where we'd buy pot from too.

Cheers!

What pot? ceramic pot, earthen pot or stainless steel pot?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Joo Chiat SMC now is not the Joo Chiat of the past. The current boundary is more like Siglap / Katong as it covers Opera Estates, Siglap, Frankle, Telok Kurau, ie from Bedok Sth Rd / Bedok Sth Ave 1 to Still Road.

Most parts of Joo Chiat are under Marine Parade. Go look for GCT and TCJ. :biggrin::biggrin:

They shafted that part of Joo Chiat into the GRC for they knew these people wanted to vote them out...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What pot? ceramic pot, earthen pot or stainless steel pot?

Ganja pot. You would`n`t believe it - my friend introduce this place - a sandy parking lot somewhere in the middle of Joo Chiat Road, between 8 to 10 weekday evenings, an old chinese lady walks around there and if you approached her, she will ask you if you wanted some or not. At 25 bucks a bag, about five joints can be rolled from it, not a bad deal. This was during the early nineties. Like they say - all good things must come to an end.

Cheers!