• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich people fuck each other instead of enjoying life

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for be so rich when you dont know how to enjoy life

Only feed lawyers and fuck up your own life with so much greed

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/295988.asp

Ex-committee chairman charged
Businessman accusedof vandalising propertyat East Coast estate

Zul Othman
[email protected]

WHEN the possibility of a collective sale for Laguna Park was announced in December 2007, some residents held back, hoping this would drive up the estate’s value.
But things turned ugly later at the East Coast area condominium, which was hit by a spate of vandalism cases after several residents opposed the sale. Cars belonging to residents known to have been against the sale were splashed with paint or scratched, while mailboxes were found with glue in their keyholes.
Still, many residents of the 667,000 square-foot estate were shocked to learn that their estate management committee chairman, Mr Lee Kok Leong, had been arrested last August on suspicion of perpetrating these acts.
During a brief appearance in court yesterday, the 62-year-old businessman, dressed in a white long-sleeved shirt and black jeans, stood emotionless as he was charged with two counts of mischief.
According to court documents, Mr Lee is accused of inserting glue into the padlock, rear gate keyholes and main wooden door of a flat at Block 5000E of Laguna Park at 12.44am on Aug 25 last year.
He also allegedly vandalised the front and rear wooden door keyholes of another flat on the same floor.
The damages amounted to $590.
The case was adjourned after defence lawyer Ramesh Tiwary said he needed time to make representations. Mr Lee will reappear in court again on Feb 3.
If convicted, he could be jailed for up to one year or fined, or sentenced to both on each charge.
Mr Lee made a quick exit after the hearing, avoiding the handful of residents who had turned up to witness the proceedings. The businessman also declined attempts to be interviewed, getting into a waiting car to avoid photographers.
A spokesperson for the management committee told Today that new chairman Reggie Chew took over last October following Mr Lee’s resignation in August.
While they declined to comment on the matter as the trial is still in progress, the spokesperson said they have increased patrols around the estate and are looking into installing closed-circuit television cameras.
Since Mr Lee’s arrest, three other vandalism cases have been reported in the estate said the spokesperson.
Despite the gloomy economic outlook, the 528-unit condominium crossed the 80 per cent threshold last month, enabling the en bloc sale process to proceed to the marketing stage.
Residents of the 30-year-old estate can expect to pocket between $1.8 million to $2.3 million for each of their units, down from the over $3 million some were hoping for last year. Most of the units are between 1,500 and 1,700sqf in size.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered Laguna park was first purchased for as little as $78,000 when it was first built. I've heard that some of the residents reluctant to sell are those who purchased the units when they were first built. Why can't they just sell their units, pocket the $1.8 million or so, downgrade to a HDB that could be worth maybe $300-$500k and enjoy life with the handsome gain???? Emotional attachement yeah? Bullshit!!!! There is no cure for stupidity.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
To some people, a home is more than a stock piece to buy and sell. It's a part of them. You think living in HDB estates is as cosy as a quiet condo enclave? You put up with noisy gangs talking loudly at 1am, horrifyingly loud bike races, mad neighbours shouting at 4am, screaming children, filthy lifts,corridors cluttered with junk......etc. :mad:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
these people are totally lost! many of them are "well-educated" and wealthy fuckers! they will complain to the traffic police if they see your car park ( even for a few mins) in front of their house! they call the parking wardens if they see your laupokkai cars parked illegally...they will write to the press...they will call and repeatedly call the police for any minor inconvenience...knn!...all these type of people will suffer for life!...they think they own the world...they think they own the land....they think they are the kings of the land...you see one of these people and you feel like spitting at his face...most of them have that fartup look as if the whole world owes them a living! pui!!!

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
these people are totally lost! many of them are "well-educated" and wealthy fuckers! they will complain to the traffic police if they see your car park ( even for a few mins) in front of their house! they call the parking wardens if they see your laupokkai cars parked illegally...they will write to the press...they will call and repeatedly call the police for any minor inconvenience...knn!...all these type of people will suffer for life!...they think they own the world...they think they own the land....they think they are the kings of the land...you see one of these people and you feel like spitting at his face...most of them have that fartup look as if the whole world owes them a living! pui!!!

Why do you hate them so much? :smile:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sad reality is.. poor people fuck each other equally hard too. And also rich fuck poor, poor fuck rich. It's nature or nurture to some people.

Look for the goodness in mankind lah.. don't need to stereotype so fierce :biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why do you hate them so much? :smile:

where got hate lah? these people need to be taught a lesson in life..don't act so tough...and don't act so proud...be humble and be kind to others...you see this type of people everywhere - always want to fuck people for small little things here and there.

i once went to my friend's condo to swim - at his invitation. and this fucker stared at me as if i was from mars! and asked me which block i stayed! knn! lidat also want to police me!!! puii!!!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i once went to my friend's condo to swim - at his invitation. and this fucker stared at me as if i was from mars! and asked me which block i stayed! knn! lidat also want to police me!!! puii!!!

Know how u feel bro, happened to me once before. But kwa kui lor. Understand that the condo has hundreds of residents.. u can't avoid a percentage of people like that. Can't expect the whole place to be full of saints rite?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHEN the possibility of a collective sale for Laguna Park was announced in December 2007, some residents held back, hoping this would drive up the estate’s value.

This is very irresponsible reporting... writer is assuming all enbloc resisters are just greedy bastards holding out for more.

jw5

Loyal
where got hate lah? these people need to be taught a lesson in life..don't act so tough...and don't act so proud...be humble and be kind to others...you see this type of people everywhere - always want to fuck people for small little things here and there.

You could have replied:
What fucking business is it of yours?
This usually makes them go away or want to fight you.
Either way, you win. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
To some people, a home is more than a stock piece to buy and sell. It's a part of them. You think living in HDB estates is as cosy as a quiet condo enclave? You put up with noisy gangs talking loudly at 1am, horrifyingly loud bike races, mad neighbours shouting at 4am, screaming children, filthy lifts,corridors cluttered with junk......etc. :mad:
What would you do if you encountered such people or incidents?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Other than the inconvenience of staying in HDB, there is an income criteria to be able to purchase a HDB unit.

A colleague couldn't purchase a HDB unit because he & wife made too much :rolleyes:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why people hate rich people so much? Is it because they have more money to make misery easier to live with? :smile:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why people hate rich people so much? Is it because they have more money to make misery easier to live with? :smile:

If they are very rich, thats alright with me. People who stay in Bungalows, District 9, 10 and cars like BM, Merc. What I hate most are those half rich, thinking they are very rich, just becos have two Japanese cars, or those who
lived in moderate 99-yearCondos and probably earning around $10,000. If you know a very rich people, they do not behave as snobbish.

Alfrescian
Loyal
This f88king sinkie, Lee Kok Leong, I consider him halr rich. Just like half vessels make
noise. There are empty vessels like peasants in HDB. If you meet one, Which I have in Dover Rd. Some of these peasants think they are very special just becos they are very popular. The rich or full vessels will not make noise.
Can somebody post the f88king face of Mr Lee Kok Leong. His photo should be paste at the guard house and every block.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for be so rich when you dont know how to enjoy life
Only feed lawyers and fuck up your own life with so much greed

this is not about facking, it's about greed, which drives people to do silly things.

it's about self interests over the concerned for others and i am always right, you are wrong attitude.

this typical sinkie traits appear in everyone of us, whether we are rich or poor, educated or non-educated. man or woman, indian or chinese or malay.

it boils down to the original sins of men when Satan is your friend.