• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The curious statistics of Desmond Lim's online rallies

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case you have forgotten, there is actually a fourth candidate in the Punggol East BE called Desmond Lim.

320993-515660985140576-808121262-n-jpg_042746.jpg

After being caught for classifying paid campaign staff as unpaid volunteers, he disappeared from the scene. He did a series of online rallies which you can watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SDApunggoleast?feature=watch

The views tell an interesting story

Rally 1 139,088 :*::*::*:
Rally 2 23,582 :*::*:
Rally 3 6,848
Rally 4 4,902
Rally 5 6,150
Rally 6 2,275

and so on ...

Like the deception with the paid volunteers, the view statistics tell a further story of deception.

For Rally 1, he went wild with the bots and jacked a number which was so huge it was completely unbelievable.

Rally 2 shows realization that perhaps the numbers have been overcooked and that there is a need to tone down.

By Rally 3, there were reliable norms and benchmarks from the view stats of WP. The numbers therefore fall off a cliff to stabalise around Rally 6.

Fearing that he would again be caught, he attempted to repackage Rallies 1 to 6 into a single package and direct people to watch it there. Unfortunately he could not do anything to edit the rally statistics of Rally 1. It is therefore up there at 139,088 views for everyone to see.:biggrin:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dropping interest because he keena sabo by TOC.

Toc's Consultant Editor Remy Choo is a WP volunteer after GE2011.

It is obvious that organized and persistent attacks on Desmond Lim will go on

January 22nd, 2013 | Author: Contributions
[Paul sent in the first letter, 'TOC’s reckless article has severely undermined SDA’s campaign', yesterday on 21 Jan]

Going through the criticisms received by this article, ‘TOC’s reckless article has severely undermined SDA’s campaign‘, it is obvious that organized and persistent attacks on Desmond Lim will go on.

It is a sad state of affairs when a genuine proponent of the opposition cause is ridiculed and undermined because he dares to speak up, walk the ground and offer voters of Punggol East another choice.

I guess this is the risk that politicians in the public eye must go through. When you do nothing, you are labelled ineffective. When you stand up and be accounted for, you get threats and sabotage, ironically from the very same mediums that claim to want to help the opposition’s cause.

What value does it bring for TOC to behave like the state-controlled MSM and dig up ‘dirt’ on the opposition? What made TOC run such an article? Is it because they secretly desire the WP to sweep everything? Or is it because TOC has a hidden agenda? Just read their review of SDA’s first online rally and you can tell already.

But I do not blame the writers, because they are inexperienced are being guided by an old hand. Someone that has quietly come in with the sole purpose to run the TOC coverage of the Punggol East BE and to set the agenda. Why did TOC not announce the involvement of this old hand at such an important position? I believe the answer is obvious.

The role of this prominent activist would probably have never been discovered, if only they played fair. Ironical as well that I can attribute this quote to this mystery person:

“human rights activism makes a demand on us as individuals, in that we stand up and be identified, for the position we make and for the
words and language we use to express the position that we take.”

Paul

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy seems all over the place. I remember at GE2011 at PAP's Boat Quay rally he posed with Mdm Ho Ching for a number of pictures. He really reflects the school he came from.

Yup, he is a real media whore. Big sensational case he will also volunteer so he can be photoed with defendant

nus10135e.jpg

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprising. Pure curiosity. And the dropping numbers tell Desmond how dead he is.

How many of the 139,088 went past Harinderpal Singh's introduction? And for those, how many went past 10 seconds of Desmond Lim? I am surprised that after the first rally, there were even 23,000 who bothered to go back.

Rally 1 139,088
Rally 2 23,582
Rally 3 6,848
Rally 4 4,902
Rally 5 6,150
Rally 6 2,275

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

Rally 1 139,088 :*::*::*:
Rally 2 23,582 :*::*:
Rally 3 6,848
Rally 4 4,902
Rally 5 6,150
Rally 6 2,275

Like the deception with the paid volunteers, the view statistics tell a further story of deception.

You could be over reacting. Like other people, I was curious and watched his Rally 1. I watch Rally 2 as well but after a while, I lost interest because Mr Lim cannot speak English at all. So I didn't watch the rest of the rallies. So this may explain why so many viewers for Rally 1, and the numbers go down.

Now, on the Rally itself, as I said Mr Lim cannot speak English at all, his English is so bad that the YouTube auto caption don't understand what he is saying. The caption is totally off, which defeats the purpose of the videos. It fails on two counts: First, people cannot understand what he is saying, second, the caption makes no sense as all. SDA's mistake is not to put sub-titles to the video, if they had, they would have got the message to the people.

As a result, Mr Lim may have some great proposals to solve the issues of the people, but he never got the proposals out to the people because people don't know what he is saying and the caption made no sense.

On a sidenote, he speaks fluent mandarin, the last two rallies are in chinese.