• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Karen Yap of Reform Party

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pity karen,

but seriously that has to be the worst rally ever.

Its painful to see JBJ's name being muddied like this
He was a fantastic orator, but his son and the other kkjs in the rp are clowns.

Had high hopes for KJ, but he is on the wrong bandwagon, bloke has to take a dump on the RP and suck someone's cock or oyster to get back into the game again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, listen to this guy Jahangir Ibrahim. Ok he is not suave but I was impressed by this guy for speaking without a script but brought up issues that are significant in a single and straight forward manner. Listen to the part where he appeals to new Singaporeans and asked them to see their future in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02-EZu182w

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Jahangir makes very good points.

I think he is one of the very few rally speakers to command the stage well without referring to notes. If he plays his cards right, he should rise far.

so my apologies, not all the RPs are clowns.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are desperate cries for help.
The sound of Karen's voice, the look in Jahangir's eyes.
Kohlian. Watch already damn sad.

Last edited:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Back then when I started working in SG, NUS grads were already unfavored over an overseas grad in my line of Engineering.

Back then it was that they were too "theoretical" and no "practical experience". Overseas grads were much preferred and even better if you had a Diploma behind it.

I can't imagine what it must be now for them, unfavored over a cheap-as-chips third world country degrees (Indian, Burmese, Pinoy etc.). I really feel for the young girl, sad that this message had to go out via the soon to be imploding RP.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE PRIME MINISTER OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE Pinky Lee Hsien Loong said :No one will be left behind.No one will fall through the cracks.He has been enjoying a luxurious life in ivory tower and sleeping on the job for the last 20 years.
But of course ,he will wake up only when there is a General Election or By-Election.

kopikia

Alfrescian
Loyal
our education system is still stuck in the old economy style. it churn out people who are doers and not thinkers. hard working and intelligent, but zero confidence and cannot talk, communicate properly or express themselves. this type of workers are now a dime a dozen at the fraction of the cost - prc, pinoy, indian etc.

solution is to aim higher - but that space has been taken up by angmohs, foreign born asians. u will be surprised by how many aussie chinese are in singapore. they are bright, confident, speak better etc.

this is what happens when someone say he wants singapore to become like paris, new york or london. but we forget that in such cities, cost of living is sky high and jobs are available only for the best or the cheapest. we also forget that for the citizens of those countries, they can live in cheaper suburbs or move to other parts of country if they cant make it in the city. for sinkies? they can do fuck all but suck thumb cos other than property prices, cost of living in jurong r seng kang is the same as tanjong pagar and katong.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jahangir and Andy Zhu shouted at the top of their voices. It almost seems that the smaller their audience the angrier they were. They looked silly. Totally without graciousness and gentility. That is what their so-called party has come to. :biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why does she not try to find work in another country? No balls? Can't live without belachan and laksa even for a few months?

If she had done that instead of wasting her time (since 2003 did she say?) in Sinkieland, she would have a job as well as already become a PR of first world country. Then come back every five years on vacation and vote against the PAP.

Unless she has valid reasons not to do that, like a sick mother, she has to bear part of the blame for the sorry state she is in now.