• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Perm Sec Says Taking 5 Weeks Leave Or More In Civil Service Is No Problem

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits Times Life Section, 6 Jan 2009

yongsoon.jpg

BG(NS) Tan Yong Soon, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Environment & Water Resources, wrote a two-page long article about bringing his whole family of 4 to Paris to learning cooking at Le Cordon Bleu Paris, a famous and expensive culinary school there. The lesson alone cost about S$15,500 per person. Let me quote an extract from this article which really sum up my strong feeling that all these farking overpaid senior civil servants are just a financial liability to taxpayers. Furthermore why so bloody insensitive bragging about his expensive holiday cum cooking trip while thousands in Singapore are losing their jobs and suffers from financial hardship. If his son wants to spend his spare time meaningfully, why don't he encourages him to do social work? But what really takes the cake is his farking comment that it is so easy to take five weeks leave or even more in the civil service. :mad:

Extract:

" I decided to attend the culinary course in June last year. My 20-year-old son Yanqiang had discussed with my wife Cher Ling, a senior investment counsellor at bank, what he wanted to do between early November, when he would finished National Service, and August this year, when he would begin his studies at Brown University in the United States. He wanted to spend the time meaningfully.

Cooking was always one of the activities he considered. He had been interested in patisserie, mostly in eating, but also baking occasionally.

We found out that Le Cordon Bleu Paris runs intensive course in culinary and patisserie from mid-November to December. These are the regular three-month classes the run but compressed into five weeks with no loss in content.

To my surprise and their, I told them I would sign up for the course with them. (Taking five weeks' leave from work is not as difficult as one thinks. Most times, when you are at the top, you think you are indispensable. But if you are a good leader who has built up a good team, it is possible to go away fro five weeks or even longer.)

It would be quality family time for the three of us. My daughter Yanying 23, would join us in Paris in our last week, since she could not take such long leave because she had just started working.

PS: I have type the above from ST print. For those who subscribed to ST online, can you pls post the full article here. Thanks.

Last edited:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
snmj4m.jpg

"Please understand that we want our media to show only stuffs we feel its good for singaporeans.
Its also good value for your dollar spent"

Last edited:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 weeks means chor bo lan and $15k per person means chiat liao bee.

OUr civil servants take the cake for being fat cats

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Straits Times Life Section, 6 Jan 2009

yongsoon.jpg

BG(NS) Tan Yong Soon, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Environment & Water Resources, wrote a two-page long article about bringing his whole family of 4 to Paris to learning cooking at Le Cordon Bleu Paris, a famous and expensive culinary school there. The lesson alone cost about S$15,500 per person. Let me quote an extract from this article which really sum up my strong feeling that all these farking overpaid senior civil servants are just a financial liability to taxpayers. Furthermore why so bloody insensitive bragging about his expensive holiday cum cooking trip while thousands in Singapore are losing their jobs and suffers from financial hardship. If his son wants to spend his spare time meaningfully, why don't he encourages him to do social work? But what really takes the cake is his farking comment that it is so easy to take five weeks leave or even more in the civil service. :mad:

Extract:

" I decided to attend the culinary course in June last year. My 20-year-old son Yanqiang had discussed with my wife Cher Ling, a senior investment counsellor at bank, what he wanted to do between early November, when he would finished National Service, and August this year, when he would begin his studies at Brown University in the United States. He wanted to spend the time meaningfully.

Cooking was always one of the activities he considered. He had been interested in patisserie, mostly in eating, but also baking occasionally.

We found out that Le Cordon Bleu Paris runs intensive course in culinary and patisserie from mid-November to December. These are the regular three-month classes the run but compressed into five weeks with no loss in content.

To my surprise and their, I told them I would sign up for the course with them. (Taking five weeks' leave from work is not as difficult as one thinks. Most times, when you are at the top, you think you are indispensable. But if you are a good leader who has built up a good team, it is possible to go away fro five weeks or even longer.)

It would be quality family time for the three of us. My daughter Yanying 23, would join us in Paris in our last week, since she could not take such long leave because she had just started working.

PS: I have type the above from ST print. For those who subscribed to ST online, can you pls post the full article here. Thanks.

Kuan Yew is "God of Singapore"
Gay Loong is "God of Bapoks"
Chok Tong is "God of Wood"
So, Ah Tan must be "God of Cookery", Mah.