• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A tight slap, a good slap, the "Aljunied Slap" - Operation Distribute.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Derek de Cunha was absolutely right when he picked out Png Eng Huat during the 2011 GE as the star to watch. This guy is fabulous. Watch his rally speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvOFzdaSnE

The entire speech covered A to Z of the situation we are in and very well organised. Make sure you send the url or embed the speech in you email or any other messaging service and send it to the entire contact list. It is imperative that this message needs to be distributed islandwide to everyone. Do not assume that people have seen it. If everyone here does just that, we should expect a second tight slap and the bloody PM will pull his fucking thumb out of his arse.

Make this youtube go viral. Send it again every 2 days.

ps. if old man is still lucid, he will asking the intelligence service to find out who helped with the speech. Yes, it was that powerful as the issues were spot on. This does not take any credit away from Png, whose passion and sincerity flowed thru the entire speech without missing a beat. Buy that man a Tiger.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes scroobal, I also mentioned in another post, how the Png can turn on the sincerity very well but more importantly he has that ability to look like he ur long lost brother like that. very good at political communication.

He will go far.

Get him an oyster :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree Bro, it is also the impression of those pundits came about ont how he comes across. This country needs more people like Png Eng Huat. He was hard, fair and objective. I also liked the part near the end where he said that he could smell PE from Hougang and it was sweet.

Yes scroobal, I also mentioned in another post, how the Png can turn on the sincerity very well but more importantly he has that ability to look like he ur long lost brother like that. very good at political communication.

He will go far.

Get him an oyster :smile:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is imperative that this message needs to be distributed islandwide to everyone. Do not assume that people have seen it. If everyone here does just that, we should expect a second tight slap and the bloody PM will pull his fucking thumb out of his arse.

The population paper that was just released indicated the elites' desire to raise the population of Singapore to 7 million by 2030. This indicates that right now it is their desire to keep on fucking the people until forcibly evicted from power. The PM pulling his thumb out of his ass right now seems fairly unlikely.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

The crux of the issue is the difference between the 60% the PAP polled in GE 2011 and the 35% the PAP polled in the subsequent PE. If one assumes that the PAP hard core vote in any BE or PE or GE is only really 35% and the 25% difference between 60% and 35% is easily won and wooed, then we are in the land whereby SDP is King , RP will get elected etc etc.

My assumption remains that winning over a PAP voter whether hard, or soft is not easy, even taking the 35% as hard and the rest soft, the issue remains the final 10 15% to 50.1. And please understand having worked out the electoral math I see no path for any opposition party without winning some of the PAP vote.

Mr Low seeks to square the circle, I means lets get it clear, they politicise at rallys and within parliament they are the most friendly of opposition, If you notice Png in parliament and Png in a rally , its positively schizophrenic. Ok to be fair the PAP is schizophrenic as well, promising reform and stability in the same breathe, but then again speaking with forked tongues is a political art.

I understand the concept and feel strongly the concept of the Queens Government and the Queens Opposition. Its a concept in all commonwealth countries I know except for Singapore. The idea of a loyal opposition within Singapore though is an idea which has not sunk through

LKY and the GCT and all subsequent levels down have not seen the need for opposition or have in the same breathe spoken of the disloyalty of the opposition to Singapore . In squaring that circle , in trying to demonstrate loyalty to singapore, in trying to oppose the PAP notion that the opposition are troublemakers, lie in the WP schizo approach, the difference between the rally and parliament

Will it keep the hard core opposition vote as well the much needed PAP vote happy ? Is it possible to maintain such an identity, my personal preference is for a little more aggressiveness in parliament, but then if LTK decides that his ground read is that its enough for everybody, then its his read because his ass on the firing line.

Locke

Dr Derek de Cunha was absolutely right when he picked out Png Eng Huat during the 2011 GE as the star to watch. This guy is fabulous. Watch his rally speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvOFzdaSnE

The entire speech covered A to Z of the situation we are in and very well organised. Make sure you send the url or embed the speech in you email or any other messaging service and send it to the entire contact list. It is imperative that this message needs to be distributed islandwide to everyone. Do not assume that people have seen it. If everyone here does just that, we should expect a second tight slap and the bloody PM will pull his fucking thumb out of his arse.

Make this youtube go viral. Send it again every 2 days.

ps. if old man is still lucid, he will asking the intelligence service to find out who helped with the speech. Yes, it was that powerful as the issues were spot on. This does not take any credit away from Png, whose passion and sincerity flowed thru the entire speech without missing a beat. Buy that man a Tiger.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The crux of the issue is the difference between the 60% the PAP polled in GE 2011 and the 35% the PAP polled in the subsequent PE. If one assumes that the PAP hard core vote in any BE or PE or GE is only really 35% and the 25% difference between 60% and 35% is easily won and wooed, then we are in the land whereby SDP is King , RP will get elected etc etc.

Note that 60% polled by the PAP is the average across all constituencies. The max was 70% in AMK GRC, so I think the more accurate split is 30% Hardcore opposition, 35% Swing, 35% Hardcore PAP

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm awesome like that!
moring.jpg

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note that 60% polled by the PAP is the average across all constituencies. The max was 70% in AMK GRC, so I think the more accurate split is 30% Hardcore opposition, 35% Swing, 35% Hardcore PAP

Agreed with this observation. In fact the voting pattern from PE 2011 will give us an indication of the respective support levels:
PAP diehard supporters 35% TT
PAP non-diehard supporters 20% )
Oppo non-diehard supporters 15% ) TCB
Oppo diehard supporters 30% TJS & TKL

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wwabot and LG ,

I would add that the difference between the 35% and 60% or about 25% I would not consider a true swing vote. If they were a true swing vote the PAP would be in coalition government right now and the SDP would be in parliament. For purposes of easy color illustration I shall denote the PAP color as Red. They might not be hard core RED like the 35% but they are definitely pink and not a blank canvas.

Locke

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed with this observation. In fact the voting pattern from PE 2011 will give us an indication of the respective support levels:
I subscribe to your view.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can take all the information you want from GE2011 and analyse it to death. Remember that between 2001 and 2011 there was a voter swing of 15%. Remember that 2011 itself was a seismic event, and the two subsequent by elections have further highlighted the prowess of the opposition parties. Things are changing rapidly and even as you try to understand what 2011 was like, 2013 will be slightly different.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not so sure that we can assume new citizens will automatically vote PAP.
New citizens are opportunistic people. They took their opportunity, but it would be to their own advantage to limit the same opportunity to others instead of rewarding the people that have given them the oppourtunity when it doesn't benefit themselves anymore.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not so sure that we can assume new citizens will automatically vote PAP.
New citizens are opportunistic people. They took their opportunity, but it would be to their own advantage to limit the same opportunity to others instead of rewarding the people that have given them the oppourtunity when it doesn't benefit themselves anymore.

A more liberal immigration policy benefits them because they can bring their friends and relatives over.