• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP - Sympathy, Chopsticks, Manners and 80 year old Machee

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very interesting candidate and I wonder who his campaign manager is? From the word go, he painted himself as an underdog, fought the poverty trap, tied firmly to the place of growing up, public housing, dedicated to serving National Service etc etc etc.

Sadly what is emerging is man who has been stretching the truth to the extremes. We now see a keen individual who spends his time accumulating engagements and relationships that is more about him than society. Go thru his CV and you will see that none of it involves society. There is no Red Cross or any of the main stream charities or social help groups. Lets face it RCs were founded on politics and will remain as such.

Even in his chosen vocation, his clinic is not in the heartland but at Premier Mt E and his website is clearly targeting at rich Indonesian Chinese.

As to manners, this guy showed the world his value system when shaking hands, he did not feel the need to stand-up even though it was another contestant.

I thought he went overboard with the 80 year machee. Come-on guys, is the PAP so desperate that this doctor has to go to this extent to secure votes. We are certainly have gone into area of honesty or the lack of it. Imagine hiding his BMW and driving the Toyota to Punggol. What is wrong with a successful doctor driving his BMW.

With AIMgate, the PAP ability to stoop low is evident. But when you get a medical professional to do all these things to secure votes is really poor. People have very low opinion of PAP members for exact reason - completely malleable to the party. Little values and no spine as this doctor has shown.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ponggol residents are so lucky! Immensely relieved the PAP did not suka suka put some silly man in my constituency.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He spent his last $11.50 on chopsticks. Are chopsticks absolutely necessary if you are poor and down to yr last dollar? Cannot one eat with his hands if he cannot afford chopsticks? Really stretching the truth alright. Do the poor and low income families in Ponggol East worry about not having chopsticks to eat with?

Jees...want to wayang also must know how lah.

First Kee Chiu introduces $10 char kwey teow; then this bloke starts on $11.50 chopsticks! Wah! Really bourgeosie MIW Party! They just cannot shed their spots lah.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...no.1 plp beats me to it...
ya lor...dr koh should engage my idol and learn how to wayang.....lol.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With AIMgate, the PAP ability to stoop low is evident. But when you get a medical professional to do all these things to secure votes is really poor. People have very low opinion of PAP members for exact reason - completely malleable to the party. Little values and no spine as this doctor has shown.

The question is to go to this extent to project a candidate from the masses, why don't they just get a candidate from the masses? They cannot find even one?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is to go to this extent to project a candidate from the masses, why don't they just get a candidate from the masses? They cannot find even one?

Candidates from the YPAP are... young. They will not be able to hold on to an SMC.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seriously no idea what PAP is playing at fielding this guy. Before joining the PAP 3 weeks ago he has zero experience on the ground, zero experience in the grassrotts, zero experience as an activist. This is not a typical guy the PAP would field alone in a competitive SMC, he's just the kind of guy who would normally ride some coattails in a GRC. With a normal SMC candidate, I think the PAP would easily win the by-election, but it's almost like the PAP is giving WP a small chance to win a seat.

Kind of reminds me of Mr Mah Bow Tan. Remember when he lost Potong Pasir SMC to Mr Chiam See Tong, despite Mr Lee Kuan Yew publicly making fun of Mr Chiam's O Level results. Of course since he was already earmarked for a ministerial role, he was then ushered into parliament through Tampinese GRC in 1988.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. Furthemore this guy has so many commitments that there is no way that he can be true to all. Imagine even his reservists is now a story.

I have seriously no idea what PAP is playing at fielding this guy. Before joining the PAP 3 weeks ago he has zero experience on the ground, zero experience in the grassrotts, zero experience as an activist. This is not a typical guy the PAP would field alone in a competitive SMC, he's just the kind of guy who would normally ride some coattails in a GRC. With a normal SMC candidate, I think the PAP would easily win the by-election, but it's almost like the PAP is giving WP a small chance to win a seat.

Kind of reminds me of Mr Mah Bow Tan. Remember when he lost Potong Pasir SMC to Mr Chiam See Tong, despite Mr Lee Kuan Yew publicly making fun of Mr Chiam's O Level results. Of course since he was already earmarked for a ministerial role, he was then ushered into parliament through Tampinese GRC in 1988.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP know they are in a real fight.

They will get at least 40%

The sob story and all are really to capture the swing votes. It worked before why not use it again? Recall PM LHL's apologies (without the sorry) salvaged their campaign after daddy tried to play god (aljunied to repent)... This time they had to smokescreen all Punggol East local issues because Palmer did not do his job...this is a PAP ward and so many problems?

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more the papys open mouth and the more the country is going downhill.
I get a good feeling the oppos stand a good chance of rubbing their backsides on the pappy's face.

if not pinky power all the way!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He spent his last $11.50 on chopsticks. Are chopsticks absolutely necessary if you are poor and down to yr last dollar? Cannot one eat with his hands if he cannot afford chopsticks? Really stretching the truth alright. Do the poor and low income families in Ponggol East worry about not having chopsticks to eat with?

Jees...want to wayang also must know how lah.

First Kee Chiu introduces $10 char kwey teow; then this bloke starts on $11.50 chopsticks! Wah! Really bourgeosie MIW Party! They just cannot shed their spots lah.

What for buy chopsticks ? cannot eat.Might as well go buy TOTO,also cannot eat but got chance.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on bro. That is the question on people's mind. Why choose black carrot cake when white is preferable and available.

There should be many available. Funnily the field of play he painted is one that Lee Lilian can play. This guy will not attract lower and middle income as well as the small and medium businessmen. His private practice is targeting rich Indonesians. How is going to connect.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are not the only one. Even PAP cadres seemed confused with his approach. The ikan kuning story is quite a mouthful.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by wwabbit

.What else do they have? George Yeo? SAF generals? Civil servants? Doctors?

we are not talking about any fish, it's a doctor with a successful practice.

it's in a sense goliath vs david. but PAP wayang to be a david?

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very interesting candidate and I wonder who his campaign manager is? From the word go, he painted himself as an underdog, fought the poverty trap, tied firmly to the place of growing up, public housing, dedicated to serving National Service etc etc etc.

no worries. if he loses, PM can always appoint him as a nominated minister of doing some portfolio, since there is already a minister of doing no portoflio

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what is happening internally.

You may have 1/3 that drank the coolaid, likely from very poor family, did well in school- SAF scholar and fast tracked - these believe in the mantra.

Then you may have 1/3 that are in it for the benefits, likely have 50 directorships and trying to build the networks.

But the remaining 1/3 may truly want to help Singaporeans, do not think everything opposition says is bad (may truly want to work with opposition - gasp!), do not like the whole PA and RC grassroots deal, do not like this withholding of upgrading funds and do not believe politicians need to be paid so much. Afterall, this 1/3 believe in service to country, about building a better place for their next generation.....

These 3 groups could be in all the different levels of the totem pole.

Last edited: