• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Marginalised Politicians, Wasted Potential?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
nicole seah should quit nsp and join wp. that botak terrence tan from marine parade seems very impressive. together with yee jjen jong, nicole seah and terrence seah, they should have a good chance winning marine parade.

Ha ha ptader will tell you that the Chinese Chauvanists from WP will never take in a peranakan like her. Her standard of Mandarin is as good as the average peranakan.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, sounds like NSP is a bit of a mess, but he could have put his foot down and fielded himself in Chua Chu Kang? That would have helped to deflect charges against not fielding an all star GRC team. The Chua Chu Kang team didn't do that badly, considering that when Sebastian Teo contested in 2006 he only got 30%. Well since the RP wing of NSP wanted to contest CCK, it's always going to be a shame. We know that the sweetest grounds were in Tampines and Marine PArade. The optimal strategy was for the star team to be in one of these places. I heard that Nicole Seah used to live in Tampines and she could have been fielded there as well, although if you didn't put her against Tin Pei Ling, Tin Pei Ling would not have been unpopular .

Well let's hope that NSP can get their act together. They should just keep Nicole Seah in Marine Parade and if they can build a strong team around her, who knows what will happen? Seems like Goh Meng Seng didn't so much make a lot of mistakes as it was the case that he had a lot of bad decisions thrust upon him. I think a lot of people don't like his big mouth more than anything else.

It looks like WP may be looking into moving into Tampines GRC and Marine Parade GRC, and I'm not sure if NSP has the strength to keep them away. Tampines was targetted by GMS, but he is gone, and I'm not sure if the 4 others who were with him can take up the mantle. Marine Parade GRC was competed in as an afterthought and did well because of the TPL/NS effect. This effect will not be so strong in the next GE, and the team itself isn't that strong besides Nicole Seah and Cheo Chai Cheen (?!?!).

Maybe it will be ideal for the opposition if Nicole Seah joins WP in their Marine Parade GRC team, but I can't see her joining WP.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like WP may be looking into moving into Tampines GRC and Marine Parade GRC, and I'm not sure if NSP has the strength to keep them away. Tampines was targetted by GMS, but he is gone, and I'm not sure if the 4 others who were with him can take up the mantle. Marine Parade GRC was competed in as an afterthought and did well because of the TPL/NS effect. This effect will not be so strong in the next GE, and the team itself isn't that strong besides Nicole Seah and Cheo Chai Cheen (?!?!).

Maybe it will be ideal for the opposition if Nicole Seah joins WP in their Marine Parade GRC team, but I can't see her joining WP.

"Transferring" Marine Parade or Tampines to WP is no laughing matter. After all, the NSP can say that they polled more than 40% in 2011. This is the sort of situation that if not handled properly can lead to a lot of bad blood. Most people will say that Nicole Seah has earned the right to continue competing in MP. I thought that it would be great if Nicole Seah were to run in an SMC - she has a good chance. But most likely she will join a GRC, assuming that she's still competing in 2016.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Certainly no laughing matter, but Worker's Party has earned the right to expand. It's just a matter of how large and into where, and doing it tactfully.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly no laughing matter, but Worker's Party has earned the right to expand. It's just a matter of how large and into where, and doing it tactfully.

Expanding into Kallang Moulmein, where the opposition polled 30% is bad enough. Now we're talking about Tampines / Marine Parade with 40%? You could say that NSP has "earned" the right to carry on in Tampines / Marine Parade.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps, if they can keep the teams together.
But seriously, I think there is too much emphasis on who has the "right" based on who has competed in the area before.
Ideally, the party that has the "right" to compete should be the one with the highest chance of winning it.
The problem is, it would be hard for the parties to agree who has the higher chance of winning it. Ideally we'd have a system where opposition supporters can vote for which one they prefer, then the winner gets to fight against the PAP, but realistically that is not going to happen. Unfortunately only way to really find out is to have a MCF in one GE, then the loser fucks off the next GE. Or in the case in MK, the weaker party chickens out.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, if they can keep the teams together.
But seriously, I think there is too much emphasis on who has the "right" based on who has competed in the area before.
Ideally, the party that has the "right" to compete should be the one with the highest chance of winning it.
The problem is, it would be hard for the parties to agree who has the higher chance of winning it. Ideally we'd have a system where opposition supporters can vote for which one they prefer, then the winner gets to fight against the PAP, but realistically that is not going to happen. Unfortunately only way to really find out is to have a MCF in one GE, then the loser fucks off the next GE. Or in the case in MK, the weaker party chickens out.

No, I believe that the fact that a party has competed in there before has to play a part in the decision making. And if that last challenger has done well, he gets the first right of refusal. Otherwise your point of view - that a.) the party who is most likely to win that election should challenge, even as b.) you can't really agree on which party that is - barely has any coherence to it. I'm still a believer that at this point in time, a NSP and a WP working side by side can do more damage to the PAP than a WP alone.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nicole and Sebas was doing walkabout in Eunos Market this morning

I would add Steve Chia and Nicole Seah to this list as well...

Steve Chia was NCMP, he was praised by GCT, but all his antics about quiting politics, maid nude picture, beating the red light... and his recent ah beng style rally speech mean his career is gone....

Nicole Seah remain more interested in attending forums than walking the ground.... she has cede the initiative to TPL long ago...

i hope I do not see Pritam and Gerald on this list

Last edited:

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other people who should be mentioned are Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim. The fact that they have taken in none of these other people is also quite curious. It seems that when you put their ability to attract very talented people against the ability of those two to control the party, the latter will always win out. Everybody will have to start from the bottom and work their way up. I don't know to what extent this is good or bad, but it cannot be possible that there is only one opposition party in Singapore, and it follows this model. Because LTK and SL want to run their party along the Leninist model, there have to be other parties which allow a more fluid movement of talent.
Bingo! Ego at work again? Other than CSM, the rest are really so-so, and that's already being kind. Maybe its the fear of too many cooks spoiling the broth? Or maybe its just the fear of having to deal with a coup if too many of these "talents" are brought together.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo! Ego at work again? Other than CSM, the rest are really so-so, and that's already being kind. Maybe its the fear of too many cooks spoiling the broth? Or maybe its just the fear of having to deal with a coup if too many of these "talents" are brought together.

I think it is the latter. Being a control freak and being an egomaniac are not exactly the same thing.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought that is in aljunied grc eunos ward? what are they trying to do?:confused:

No big deal. First, that is probably in Marine Parade, not Aljunied. Second, even if that is in Aljunied, you always walk the ground not only in your GRC, but also within a short distance of your GRC, because you don't know what the boundaries for 2016 are going to be.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eunos Market is in Marine Parade GRC, Bedok Reservoir is in Eunos Divison, Aljunied is in Macpherson Division

When I was at last night's rally there was this lawyer, Terence Tan, who spoke. Sounds like a good prospect, if he has become a member and is looking to aim for the WP candidate shortlist at the next GE. He spoke of the various parts of Aljunied GRC, like he has been put through his paces.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was at last night's rally there was this lawyer, Terence Tan, who spoke. Sounds like a good prospect, if he has become a member and is looking to aim for the WP candidate shortlist at the next GE. He spoke of the various parts of Aljunied GRC, like he has been put through his paces.

he is a party member

speaking of the various parts of Aljunied GRC doesnt mean he been helping through all the division,
if I am not wrong, he is from Eunos, same as Li Lian, not sure, will check ...

if I am not wrong, heard that most of the potential candidates are helping at Paya Lebar Division...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by potential candidates, I mean new, not unveil to the public yet... anyway I am not very sure...
they keep thing pretty close to their chest...

at least 2 or 3..

Are you referring to Terrence Tan and Dennis Tan? CSM could be moved to host East coast together with GG.