• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will there be a NCMP seat for NSP Marine Parade team?

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
if WP fields LLL and wins in the BE resulting in GG losing his NCMP seat, or

WP fields GG and win in the BE becoming a MP?

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry.. my mistake .. NCMP is only for opposition parties to have up to 9 reps

6MPs = 1 HG + 5 Aljunined
3 MCMPs = 1 Joo Chiat + 1 Potong Pasir + 1 East Coast

so answer is NO.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NCMP + Elected Members of Parliament (opposition parties total) must not exceed 9

Therefore, if LLL win PE, one of the NCMP will have to drop out.

In this case, it's most likely GG.

Potong Pasir SMC 49.64% (SPP)
Joo Chiat SMC 49.00% (WP)
East Coast GRC 45.20 % (WP)

Last edited:

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good riddance if GG goes. That bugger is useless and brainless, just like the old YSL. That's why LTK likes him.
All the more i think LTK will field him for PEBE. That way, win or lose he gets to keep GG.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The constitution itself does not say if the NCMP seat will be lost.
However, the PAP can still justify kicking out an NCMP out if they can show through the parliament records when the amendment was up for debate that the intention was for an absolute cap of 9 NCMP + MPs.
However I think the PAP won't try to get an NCMP kicked out. It's likely to go to court and all the publicity can't do them any good. Not like the extra candidate is really going to matter anyway.