• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AIM Saga Summary of Views

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Watchman 8,always remember ,2013 after 21Dec 2012 is the year iof awakening,let;s keep the peace and watch the show promised.
Sinkies already preconditioned to view such corruption as a norm, and to focus attention only when sex and affairs are involved. Look at Palmer, merely an affair (at least that is only thing known publicly) and he resigns within a week of telling his boss. Teo Ho Ping still sitting around comfortably after two weeks, probably because no adultery or illicit sex involved. NBG and PL dragged to court only because of sex with contractors.

You can find a lot more corruption in the govt but no illicit sex uncovered, so no case. Heck, even the PM wife is given special job at temasick with eight figure annual package.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure why all these bloggers and WP supporters are getting worked up over this issue. In an interview with Lianhe Zaobao reported on 06 May 2012, this is what Sylvia Lim, WP Chairman, declared:

But we are in Parliament, they are not. We will make use of the platform we have.”​

Her comments echoes that which was declared by Wooden in December 1994 over the Catherine Lim affair.

"He [then PM Goh Chok Tong] challenged her [Catherine Lim] to enter the political arena, saying that those who wished to comment regularly on politics and set the country's political agenda should join a party and become politicians." Politics for politicians only? 147th Prostitute Press 17 December 1994

Bloggers and WP supporters should heed the WP's declaration and refrain from poking their noses into this affair. Once again, this is the WP's stand and declaration:

But we are in Parliament, they are not. We will make use of the platform we have.”​

The Workers Party is in Parliament. Parliament will be sitting on 14 January 2013 at 1.30 pm. It is for the Workers Party to raise this AIM issue in Parliament.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the focus of the articles is not on WP but the misappropriation of residents' funds by the whiter than white, holier than thou, PAP. Supposed guardian of Singapore and self appointed high priest of morality and clean government.

Imagine awarding a contract to a $2 company with no office, no staff, no background, no track record or no basis to receive it.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is no longer a Teo Ho Pin or a Town Council issue. The PM has to step in to clear this mess. We have now crossed into the ethical conduct realm where public funds are involved. He cannot bury his head in the sand and wish this will go away.

If you read THP's statement, you will note the following

I am the co-ordinating Chairman of all the PAP-run Town Councils (“the TCs”)...

...As Coordinating Chairman of the TCs, I had to oversee the redevelopment of the existing computer system for all TCs. It was clear to me that the existing computer software was already dated.
I am aware that NCS considered bidding but in the end, decided not to do so as it was of the view that the IP rights to software developed in 2003 on soon to be replaced platforms were not valuable at all.

These carefully worded sentences put all blame and responsibility on THP. If the issue does not blow over, we might see THP sitting next to TCH soon.

6a00d83451b52369e2017d3eb63d6c970c-550wi

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well spotted bro. That is why the social media should not confine it to Teo. He has become their sacrificial anode. It looks like no minister is going to step forward but with latest scathing articles lets see if the PM or the $8 major surgery man will step up.

These carefully worded sentences put all blame and responsibility on THP. If the issue does not blow over, we might see THP sitting next to TCH soon.

6a00d83451b52369e2017d3eb63d6c970c-550wi

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr.Teo Ho Pin's explanation is an insult to the intelligence of singaporeans and the world,expecting this scandal will fade away as singaporeans always have very short memory.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal said:
I told you guys that they did not get a cent and the aim was not grease the palms of their associates but to cripple Aljunied Town Council.

The question to ask is who funded $140k to the $2 company to buy the software. The money trail will be interesting. $2 shell companies are commonplace and is a feature of the modern business. Typically they are used as vehicles of convenience.

As I said before, there is no corrupt practices involved here. Its a blatant attempt to sabotage of municipal body because they lost the elections.

What is more interesting is that they knew in late 2010 that they were going to lose seats and set it up 4 months before the elections. Also explains why our "Goodnews" PM and our "Badnews" DPM cannot be decisive about the BE.
Originally Posted by scroobal
CPIB cannot act as this not about making money. I can guarantee that this is no sweet heart deal nor anyone is going to make money. The 3 guardian angels are doing it for free. The intention is to cripple the town council - mini version of a scorched earth policy. A dog in a manger attitude of a poor loser. You see this in little children who will smash a toy if they are asked to loan it to another child or to share.
The trouble is that this toy was paid for by the residents.
hahaha....now look at what our idol wrote....judge for yourself...lol

Last edited:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well spotted bro. That is why the social media should not confine it to Teo. He has become their sacrificial anode. It looks like no minister is going to step forward but with latest scathing articles lets see if the PM or the $8 major surgery man will step up.
My target is always the Gang of Lees,God bless.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is no longer a Teo Ho Pin or a Town Council issue. The PM has to step in to clear this mess. We have now crossed into the ethical conduct realm where public funds are involved. He cannot bury his head in the sand and wish this will go away.

Scroo, this is what PM meant when he says he got to 'fix' the Opposition!!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It will be exciting if that happens. THP is MP for Bukit Panjang, which is another single ward. We can have 2 by-elections at one go.

I recall that SDP contested in BP in 2011. If it happens, SDP can focus on BP and WP on PE. That would make some opposition supporters happy.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

These carefully worded sentences put all blame and responsibility on THP. If the issue does not blow over, we might see THP sitting next to TCH.
If THP was really the one who screw it up and he was not told by anyone higher to handle the contract in this manner, then he will take the fall if this matter continues to escalate. But it is not in the interest of pap to very publicly execute one of their own. Even Palmer was allowed to resign, followed by much positive press about his so called good deeds in the past.

Furthermore, Palmer just resigned disgracefully. To have another middle ranking pap MP resign for a mistake is going to shake the very foundation of pap, not forgetting that it was only 18 months ago that many senior cabinet ministers were cleared out. Then lky may drop dead any time, given his advanced age. LHL will likely support THP all the way to maintain the spirit of his entire team. We can expect massive firepower to fudge and divert attention. Sex scandals and kong hee will dominate the public's attention very soon.

kampongboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of doing the sale and lease back of the computer system, PAP should have done a sale and lease back of all the lift. Afterall, it is easier to have one company maintaining all the lifts. Right?

Now if you dare vote in a non pap MP, no more lift for u.:eek:

Everyone staying above the 4 floor .....is guarantee to vote for PAP forever.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
this issue has taken on a life of its own. Tis TPH fella no logic.

addg to the dung of scandals that the pappies serve up. I hope sporeans wake up n dont forget.

pls up my points thk u u :smile:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done, Scroo - effort for the comprehensive compilation ... I appeciate it.

in life asking the right questions make a lot of difference to inner peace.

i can't help noticing across the plethora of forummers here, this AIM issue brings out consistently the various individual fixation : some are fixated on WP shameful performance again, some analyst decry mediocrity and pump for meritocrary again, while the usual idiot savants continue to stalk and needle their idols because that is their sole purpose in life to assuage a lifelong hurt ....

to me imho, this issue is all about wisdom and true assuredness and security : one can't espouse honor and positive values while justifying dishonor as merely being observing the realpolitik on the ground. Nobody is a babe in the woods so spare the knucklebusters if at all effective in 2013 or some semblance of coherent logic. Cuts no ice, Ho Pin : neither coherent nor logical.

My grandson would say 'chao kiasu' and call it plain cowardice.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good stuff you have collected and put here. It is also a good source for the occasional and accidental reader-by here to follow the ensuing saga in a catch-all. The finger certainly points to ugly petty partisan politics at play. That is why all the mumbo jumbo to cover up the real motives. But the lie is a bald one and Teo HP can only fool kukubirds. Shame on the PAP. I hope it continues to fester by courtesy of the PAP until the by elections, and then the dirty linen will be surely given a thorough wash, spin and wringing - all on a mass platform. I like that. PAP will score its own goal this time.

By the way, as was mentioned in passing by one source, the AIM tender and the Brompton bike comes under MND. You know whose head will roll in the next GE.

This is really a momentous occasion where the social media has reached maturity in providing reliable content and compelling analysis of an important issue in a timely manner. As I was reading the commentaries, I realised that we do have quality people and more importantly they are very much aligned in their analysis and content. I thus felt that it is only right that such quality stuff needed to be put together for the benefit of everyone.

The SCM is totally incapacitated and marooned in their own world.

We of course on behalf of SBF claim association with Lucky Tan and credit as he started his blog life here.

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this insightful comment from Lucky's blog.

-------

http://singaporemind.blogspot.sg/2013/01/aim-pap-saga-explanation-that-explains.html

I was an ex-oracle ERP consultant until a few years ago and I think I must share my 2 cents' worth of thoughts to put the whole thing in perspective.

1) Just a short intro, Oracle Financials consists of a main module (general ledger GL) and a few subledger modules such as receivables AR, payables AP, assets FA, cash management CM, projects PA. Oracle is the vendor and NCS was the licensed implementation partner for the town councils. Oracle Financials is a enterprise resource planning software (ERP) system and as such it is very huge and complex system, and usually used by large MNCs or GLCs as the licensing fee is not cheap, esp for multiple sites. The system would never have been written from scratch by NCS, rather it is a packaged software written by Oracle, and NCS merely provided consulting and implementation services, which might have included a certain degree of customisation of screens and/or reports.

2) Having said that, I am surprised that the TCs asked NCS to implement Oracle 11 in the year 2003. Oracle 11 was a client-server system and I was already implementing Oracle 11i (web-based system which supercedes Oracle 11) in the year 2001. Needless to say, this client-server system which was in place from 2003 to 2010 is a very obsolete system by today's standards and knowing how Oracle is like, Oracle would have discontinued support for this dinosaur years ago.

3) Why didnt the TCs ask for a more up-to-date version of the system in the year 2003 when it was first implemented? What intellectual property rights is AIM talking about, given that this is a packaged software written and marketed by Oracle, unless they are referring to customizations done by NCS, but not supported by Oracle.

4) The cost of this Oracle ERP system would be in the range of hundreds of thousands, if not, million dollars. Oracle licenses its software by number of users or sites. So did AIM get a cheap deal by paying 140k after 7 years? Not necessarily, bcos it is already an obsolete system in urgent need of upgrade or re-implementation. In fact, it is a system which should be written off, zero value! But of cos, the data within, is very valuable. But does AIM have the expertise to run this dinosaur system? Definitely not! It would require a team of support consultants who are still well-versed in Oracle Fin 11 to maintain it, and the town councils would probably be the only "company" in whole of SG who is still running Oracle Fin 11.

So what exactly is the 140k for? You know, I know, everybody knows, except PAP.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his press statement, THP has revealed that he was being advised by Deloitte & Touche. As background information, this project is not the only project that Deloitte & Touche has undertaken for the PAP. The Deloitte & Touche Singapore website reveals that they also provided consultancy services for the failed YOG that ended up being $390 million over budget.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_SG/.../c15fea7fe5668210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm

Critical path revision
SYOGOC approached Deloitte to review the critical path for the inaugural Youth Olympic Games, as they acknowledged that an independent third party review would be beneficial. The review could also highlight any missed dependencies when the first version of the critical path was delivered. Clearly, the outcome of the review proved to be very resourceful for SYOGOC. After Deloitte delivered an enhanced version of the critical path, together with an updated Master Schedule plan which tracked all dependencies, the team was subsequently requested to deliver a new roadmap with all the enhancements implemented.

Dissolution plan
SYOGOC roped in Deloitte to develop a dissolution plan for the Singapore Games. Deloitte initiated the project by conducting a series of interviews with representatives from all functional areas in SYOGOC to capture all post Games activities anticipated within each functional area. At the end of the project, Deloitte delivered a dissolution plan comprising a roadmap for the entire organisation and for each division. An initial estimate of resources required past Games has also been made available to SYOGOC.

Financial advisory
Deloitte was appointed by SYOGOC to provide financial advisory and assist them in various commercial aspects of organising the Games, including opening of bank accounts, participating in finance due diligence meetings with the International Olympic Committee, and reviewing certain requests for proposals for fair commercial terms and compliance with tax legislatures. Deloitte worked closely with SYOGOC to ensure high standards of corporate governance and compliance, and provided significant value with the internal controls review and compliance check for the sponsorship operations manual and finance manual.

Internal audit
SYOGOC approached Deloitte to conduct an internal audit of its fixed assets processes, procurement and payment processes, and revenue processes. Deloitte’s approach is to leverage on its sport business experience, and its knowledge on tradition risk consulting to deliver true value to SYOGOC. Through a range of services, Deloitte delivered more than auditing the internal processes for SYOGOC. Risk techniques were used to help them address control deficiency issues, and increase the effectiveness of internal controls.

Service level analysis
SYOGOC engaged Deloitte to analyse the service levels for all the different client groups to ensure delivery of a seamless client group experience. Deloitte consolidated all existing service levels that were documented within the 43 functional area plans to identify inconsistencies, gaps and issues. A service level template and a client journey were subsequently developed for each client group to facilitate implementation of a consistent client group experience.

Tax advisory
Deloitte was tasked by SYOGOC to provide advisory on the Singapore tax implications on transactions taking place between SYOGOC and the other Singapore 2010 stakeholders. The focus was to ensure that SYOGOC and the other stakeholders understand the tax implications involved for the transactions taking place, hence avoiding unnecessary delay from potential tax issues, while ensuring tax efficiencies are gained from the transactions.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further background information is that that the chairman of Deloitte & Touche is Chaly Mah. The following is his bio:

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_SG/sg/about-deloitte/leadership/index.htm

ChalyMah_165X220.jpg

Chaly Mah is the Chairman of Deloitte Singapore. He is also the CEO of Deloitte Asia Pacific and Deloitte Southeast Asia. He has been with the Singapore practice for over 30 years, including five years with its Melbourne office.

Chaly is a member of Deloitte’s Global Executive, which leads and manages the global organisation’s affairs, and is responsible for determining the global vision and setting its strategic course.

He has extensive experience serving both multinational and local companies across a wide spectrum of industries from financial services to construction, electronics, retail and manufacturing. Chaly also has substantial regional experience having served and advised companies with operations in Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea and Taiwan in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.

Chaly graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Melbourne. He is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and a fellow member of CPA Australia. He is also a fellow member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Singapore.

Mr Mah is currently also Chairman of the Singapore Land Authority.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/abo/abo05.htm

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aurvandil, tks keep them coming!

It is our duty to keep this discussion and attack alive until the BE. Nothing short of a kitchen sink thrown at them will make any dent.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahh! The selection process is again in doubt!

In his press statement, THP has revealed that he was being advised by Deloitte & Touche. As background information, this project is not the only project that Deloitte & Touche has undertaken for the PAP. The Deloitte & Touche Singapore website reveals that they also provided consultancy services for the failed YOG that ended up being $390 million over budget..