Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a revisit: PM Lee's 'Rules of Prudence' issued to party after GE11

My Reputation Points: 61 / Power: 0

Default Re: Time for a revisit: PM Lee's 'Rules of Prudence' issued to party after GE11

Wonder how each PAP MP is interpreting this ??? Will each person read it differently, e.g. I didn't inhale or I didn't penetrate, etc. I am sure there are bound to be some minor infringements in many grey areas.

My Reputation Points: 4315 / Power: 11

Default Re: Time for a revisit: PM Lee's 'Rules of Prudence' issued to party after GE11

5. The PAP’s reputation for clean, incorruptible government is one of our most precious assets. As PAP MPs, your standing in society reflects this high standing of the Party as a whole. I cannot stress strongly enough that every MP must uphold the rigorous standards that we have set for ourselves, and do nothing to compromise them. Never give cause for accusations that you are misusing your position, especially your access to Ministers. This would discredit both you and the Party.

6. As MPs, you will come across many different sorts of people. Some will be altruistic, public spirited people who will help you without wanting anything in return, spending their time and money to get community projects going and to serve your residents. But a few will cultivate you in order to obtain benefits for themselves or their companies, to gain respectability by association with you, or to get you to influence ministries and statutory boards to make decisions in their favour. Gift hampers on festive occasions, entertainment, and personal favours big and small are just a few of countless social lubricants which such people use to ingratiate themselves to MPs and make you obligated to them.

UPHOLDING OUR REPUTATION AND INTEGRITY

[...........]

6. As MPs, you will come across many different sorts of people. Some will be altruistic, public spirited people who will help you without wanting anything in return, spending their time and money to get community projects going and to serve your residents. But a few will cultivate you in order to obtain benefits for themselves or their companies, to gain respectability by association with you, or to get you to influence ministries and statutory boards to make decisions in their favour. Gift hampers on festive occasions, entertainment, and personal favours big and small are just a few of countless social lubricants which such people use to ingratiate themselves to MPs and make you obligated to them.

7. You must be able to distinguish between these two groups of people, and be shrewd in assessing the motives of those who seek to get close to you. At all times you must be seen to be beyond the influence of gifts or favours.

My Reputation Points: 2697 / Power: 7

upholding our reputation and integrity

lol

My Reputation Points: 1882 / Power: 7

MP Intan - is the #25 person on your distribution list THE person on whom you have refused, so far, to say whether you sponsored his PR application?
    What is so difficult about a simple YES/NO answer?
    Shame on you!

Like dat aso can meh
    https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

My Reputation Points: 4487 / Power: 13

Quote Originally Posted by wendychan View Post
    upholding our reputation and integrity

lol
    Lee Hsien Loong should stop flattering both himself and the PAP. Get off your high horse!

My Reputation Points: 141 / Power: 0

all MPs should publicly declare all their direct and deemed assets and incomes. Till today they have not imposed that discipline on themselves.

My Reputation Points: 626 / Power: 0

Most people who volunteer for grassroots have some sort of agendas ranging from big bosses of company trying to network and get gov tenders or parents trying to get their children into good school.

Was told recently alot of foreigners especially the Ah tiong volunteer. Not a bad development as rift between local sinkies and foreigners will be carry forward into grassroots.

My Reputation Points: 4039 / Power: 4

Where is Intan?
    還我河山

My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    How do you check sexual Prudence?? I wonder??
    whether the c0ck is chopped off

My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 3_M View Post
    Most people who volunteer for grassroots have some sort of agendas ranging from big bosses of company trying to network and get gov tenders or parents trying to get their children into good school.

Was told recently alot of foreigners especially the Ah tiong volunteer. Not a bad development as rift between local sinkies and foreigners will be carry forward into grassroots.
    you mean like the chairmeh of leegal ah long association

My Reputation Points: 4487 / Power: 13

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Where is Intan?
    Bintan.

Thread Information