• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think about the TV serial "The Little Nyonya"

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the acting skill exaggerated and one of the most disturbing theme in this serial is that even though you are gullible, weak, and dependent on ang moh to save your ass everytime, you will still be able to achieve success later. Speaks a lot about the people who are deemed the successful one in this tiny land and why once out of this land sure kenna conned left right center.

Also a strong prevalent of SPG mentality, where the damsel in distress is always rescued by an Ang Moh.

Last edited:

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought that this series is excellent and i am an avid "chaser" of this series. Any bros here know the plot in the end?

Antisocial

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally put off by the heavy advertising by Mediacock. Repeating the drama name "xiao niang Re" got on my nerve!

Have not watch a single min of the trash. Hence didnt knw it has SPG theme in it, anyway not surprising at all. afterall what do u expect from Mediacock?

They can only churn out retard programs in this mono-poly industry.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think much about that whatever TV serial because I don't have a TV at home. But I do think the threadstarter should just stay out of this forum because you're wasting time on a bunch of sissies and wussies like me..........................................or you should eat your own words.

Too many sissy and wussy here.

Pretentious but unable to come out with any creative and insightful comment.

Even the vulgarity spewing forumer do better and occasionally come up with refreshing non main-stream thinking but here...in this CB forum, there are lots of fucking "civilized" CB kia who pretend to be humane, act kind, act civilized, act compassion, act smart, act intellectual but are simply just another bunch of PAP/western media brain-washed fucker.

I can still tolerate some news article cut and paste moron with their one line nonsensical comment but I can't stand the legion of so-called civilized hordes who engage in mutual masturbation with each other.

Leong Sam, recently there was a congratulatory thread from you yourself about this forum hitting 100,000 threads, it really exposed how fucking superficial and shallow you are...

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think much about that whatever TV serial because I don't have a TV at home. But I do think the threadstarter should just stay out of this forum because you're wasting time on a bunch of sissies and wussies like me..........................................or you should eat your own words.

Fuck you, ah kua, stay away from my thread. Only real man should respond to me. One look at your public profile and the sissy conversation exchange there confirmed your ah kua status.

Attila

Alfrescian
Loyal
The script is shallow, the actor and actress sub-standard and the storyline is reek with ang moh tua kee flavour.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hadn't watched it enough to form a strong opinion, frankly. But the stuff is basically the same that one would expect, and while the acting is okay...

Well, I don't think its my cup of tea. But if people want to watch it, then that's their choice.

maimeechai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the acting skill exaggerated and one of the most disturbing theme in this serial is that even though you are gullible, weak, and dependent on ang moh to save your ass everytime, you will still be able to achieve success later. Speaks a lot about the people who are deemed the successful one in this tiny land and why once out of this land sure kenna conned left right center.

Also a strong prevalent of SPG mentality, where the damsel in distress is always rescued by an Ang Moh.

Hmm...I must agree with this observation. The xiao niang re is so stupid and naive and yet such character can be cast as someone admirable..strange :confused:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought that this series is excellent and i am an avid "chaser" of this series. Any bros here know the plot in the end?

Yuzhu almost suffocated her son to death but was rescued by Yueniang, and Yueniang adopted him as his son. Paul and Yueniang got married but have no kids - miscarriage twice. Yueniang passed away and his son (Zzen or Robert Zhang, double this role) was offering prayer during the ending.

YueNiang started an eating outlet when his son was a little boy, XiuJuan went back to look for YueNiang and ask for some authentic Nyonya food as she lamented the lost of being a cultured Nyonya. XiuJuan returned the money she took or cheated from the Huang Family.

Yueniang bought the house she had lived so many years with her granny. The house was taken back by the bank after Jin Cheng (Darren Lim) died of heart attack after his son, Alexandre, was sentenced to death for killing Charlie Zhang and Robert Zhang. She brought the Huang family members back to the house; namely, Granpa, GuiHua, XiuFeng, and servants.

ZhenZhu absconded openly with some guy to spite Chen Xi. Chen Xi could not be bothered. In the end, Chen Xi married Libby and bore him 6 children in UK as narrated by Yueniang to Anqi.

Before YueNiang passed away, she revealed to Anqi that her father was the son of Yuzhu when Anqi enquired about Yuzhu. YueNiang told Anqi that her father, and 2 brothers knew about it and it was time to tell her too.

When the show was about to end, Anqi tried her hand in cooking Nyonya dishes for Yueniang and her 2 boy friends with Tao-jie or Tao-e helping her to pound those ingredients.

Last edited:

maimeechai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yuzhu almost suffocate her son to death but was rescue by Yueniang, and Yueniang adopted his as his son. Paul and Yueniang got married but have no kids - miscarriage twice. Yueniang passed away and his son (Zzen or Robert Zhang, double this role) was offering prayer during the ending....blah blah blah

Aiyoyo, so boring one..like auntie and auntie conversation. :eek:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
i feel the script writers tried to pack too many issues into that limited episodes. the trick in recycling same faces for different roles help to keep viewers glued, and for some to the extent of worshipping the actor(ess). the epic highs n lows in the series was quite entertaining, while its very obvious that some of the actors have plenty of room for improvement.

the ending episodes where vicious nonsense & family politics roll out, seems to remind me of 'masters of the sea'.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hadn't watched it enough to form a strong opinion, frankly. But the stuff is basically the same that one would expect, and while the acting is okay...

Well, I don't think its my cup of tea. But if people want to watch it, then that's their choice.

acting is ok? i find them very stiff...especially the little nonya herself, worst actress so far.

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah, i like this clown pic, do u have a bigger pic?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole set of cast cannot act.

LING MEI CHAO ........ has all the expression , but the eyes dosent speak. She cant act in short

Oo Xuan ........ acting too stiff , how can she be the lead actress ? May be she slept with someone UP there , that why she got the meaty role.

This too are the worst of all ! Cant see anyone with good acting. May be the actress who got rape .... twice ? May be she is the one who can act better that all.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole set of cast cannot act.

LING MEI CHAO ........ has all the expression , but the eyes dosent speak. She cant act in short

Oo Xuan ........ acting too stiff , how can she be the lead actress ? May be she slept with someone UP there , that why she got the meaty role.

This too are the worst of all ! Cant see anyone with good acting. May be the actress who got rape .... twice ? May be she is the one who can act better that all.

I liked the part of joanne peh being raped and then went mad.

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its an interesting example of what Peranakan life would have been like in an ethnically cleansed Singapore and Malaya where no one spoke Hokkien or Malay or Baba patois