• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF regular critically injured.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://twitter.com/ChannelNewsAsia/status/278142212313853952

Full story here:

A SAF regular serviceman was critically injured onboard the Landing Ships Tank RSS Endeavour.

He was checking on one of the berthing ropes that was being tightened and in the process was caught between the motorised winch and the rope. At the time of the incident, RSS Endeavour was berthed at Changi Naval Base.

Military Expert (ME) 2 Chee Weng Fai Jason, 29, a Weapon Systems Supervisor, was attended to by a medical team led by four medical officers from the Changi Naval Medical Centre. The medical team stabilised his condition before careful extrication was carried out to prevent further aggravation to his injuries. Following extrication, ME2 Chee was sent via an SAF ambulance from RSS Endeavour to Changi General Hospital (CGH) at 3.26pm and was admitted to CGH at 3.52pm. The medical officers continued to stabilise him in the ambulance en route to the hospital. ME2 Chee has undergone emergency surgery and remains in critical condition.

The SAF is conducting an investigation to determine the cause of the incident.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ka4cti

A sailor from the Singapore Armed Forces is critically injured after he was caught between a winch and a rope onboard the navy's Landing Ship Tank RSS Endeavor today.

Military Expert (ME) 2 Chee Weng Fai Jason, 29, was checking on one of the warship's berthing ropes that was being tightened at about 2.22pm, when he got caught between the motorised winch and the rope, said the Ministry of Defence in a statement late Monday night.

The regular, a weapon systems supervisor, is believed to have suffered upper and lower limb injuries.

The Mindef statement added that RSS Endeavour was berthed at Changi Naval Base during the incident.

SA0Py.png

BIXz0.png

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what the fuck is the buffer doing? when u train a seaman on deck, the basic is rope work. rope work is not how to tie a rope only. u have to handle the rope well, if done wrongly rope can kill and injured.

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess he took the short cut way of doing or was pressured by his superiors to take the shorter way of doing it to get some more king time.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think SAF held the highest record for the number of non-combat injuries sustained.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's lost an arm and both legs

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-regular-critically-injured-in-ship-accident-010319550.html

[UPDATE 12 Dec, 858AM: Condition of SAF serviceman]

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular serviceman who was critically injured following a routine exercise on board a navy ship on Monday afternoon has reportedly lost both legs and an arm.

Weapons systems supervisor, Military Expert (ME) 2 Jason Chee Weng Fai was caught between a motorised winch and rope as he was checking the berthing rope on board the RSS Endeavour.

According to The Straits Times, the 29-year-old lost his limbs and remains in critical condition at Changi General Hospital following emergency surgery.

Quoting a Defence Ministry official, the daily broadsheet added that fault equipment could have been the cause of the accident on Monday.

Local media have also reported that a two-day "safety time out" has been called on all naval training exercises to allow the Defence Ministry to carry out a review of safety and training procedures.

It is expected to be lifted later on Wednesday.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what the fuck is the buffer doing? when u train a seaman on deck, the basic is rope work. rope work is not how to tie a rope only. u have to handle the rope well, if done wrongly rope can kill and injured.
surprise to see the term buffer here. :smile:
something not right, why happen to the emergency stop button on the winch controller? who is operating the winch?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF should compensate him well so that he can live out his life in decent condition; a sum of $2 million is the minimum.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
compensate ? SAF would wish a swift death instead...

workman comp
death S$170,000/-

total permanent disability
min $73,000 x % loss of earning capacity
max $218,000 x % loss of earning capacity

medical expense : Up to $30,000 or 1 year from date of accident, whichever is reached first

$140k to 170k after 1-jun-2012

peacetime military casualty figure must be 世界第一等 !

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
life long medical procedures, ops surgery, after care, .....hope he is not married,,,,got CCTV footage ? CO (o r CEO now) , XO, coxswain, buffer have a lot report to write now..

Last edited: