• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS Branch Office calls me using Caller-ID Withheld...something to hide?

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't usually receive Caller-ID withheld phone calls but in case I receive one, I usually do not answer as I do not know who the caller is and where he is from.

Once, after receiving a few unknown number displayed calls, I decided to take the call. I found out to my surprise that the caller is from DBS and he was calling me with regards to certain instructions I had asked him to do for me at the bank.

He said he tried to call me many times and I asked him if he is the one who uses a Caller-ID withheld phone to call me. He said that everyone in DBS who calls out from the DBS offices will not have any number displayed.

I told him I do not pick calls without numbers displayed usually and this is terrible practice of DBS.

Something to hide from its customers, must be. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
I notice that banks usually do that.
It gives the impression that they choose when and whether to call you. They want to be able to call you whenever they want but don't want you to call them back.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nex time, in events whereby ze bank requries 2 call u back, tel dem upfront u dun answer calls if their nos r nt shown in ze caller-id ...

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
It gives the impression that they choose when and whether to call you. They want to be able to call you whenever they want but don't want you to call them back.

Telcos also do that:biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

i've recently stopped answering calls from private numbers or those numbers withheld :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Telcos also do that:biggrin:
Agree, but in the case of telcos, you would expect them to do that since the "technology" is theirs in the first place. It's almost like they almost have a "right" to use it. Well, almost but not quite. :smile:
But in the case of banks, they are supposed to be providing you with service right? Why should they hide their number? Or perhaps I am just naive or have been hiding in a cave in recent times................ hahaha :smile:

jw5

Loyal
i've recently stopped answering calls from private numbers or those numbers withheld :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I have stopped answering such calls long ago.
If it's really important, they would call from a number not with-held. If it's not that important, then why take the call?
In any case, if it's really important, we would be calling them right?
Actually this is one of my pet peeves. I find that they withhold the number because they want to able to call you as and when they like, but don't want you to do likewise.
:(

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you try answering and asking them:
"What the fuck do you want?" :smile:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpWwxAfNrxI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpWwxAfNrxI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
just install Call Firewall for windows mobile, it's a freeware.

CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls. Features & Options: a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory b. Accept call from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory d. White List - accepts calls. This include unknown / private numbers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just install Call Firewall for windows mobile, it's a freeware.

CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls. Features & Options: a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory b. Accept call from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory d. White List - accepts calls. This include unknown / private numbers.

WHat's the diff between A and D?