• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF colonel charged for killing 86 yo pedestrian in accident

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its slightly different in the SAF today. Have friends with poly diploma (about 6 I can even name off-hand), already LTC by mid-30s these days. Retire MAJ means either damn chiak hong, or damn chiak lat. In fact the SLTC rank was introduced not long ago as too many are making it to COL by the 45 year retirement age, hence need a buffer rank.

However you are right that COL at 44 likely to be at least LMS. However once still COL after age 42 means unlikely to make 1 star.... hence in this case he is likely to be hanged. Fine > $1500 or similar amount, he is likely to lose his retirement benefits, not to mention reduce his chances of a GLC job

I agree with you re: the introduction of the SLTC rank.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saf was not so lame before, my army inchik, now retired, was involved in a gang fight in the 70's. i think they killed someone and police was after them, he then decided to join the army, and i think he got away in this manner. change of times showed that spf is currently more powerful than saf, so want to sign on, go for mha. btw, i am stating hearsay from army friends during my nsf.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that he is unlikely to be promoted to general, based on the infor available to me. It is very rare that a non SAFOS attains the rank of BG and higher. A good classmate of mine, very bright, sportsman and athlete at school and university, signed on as a fighter pilot, then attended NUS, last promoted to Colonel, but had one or two "desirable" or "easier" postings as in RSAF HQ, and defence attache, retired at age 50, but moved on to a very senior position with a govt affiliated agency.
I believe that my classmate is good enough to be a BG, but was not promoted.

Miws in parliament past and present also got a few never make one star....
Notably LHK and zorro....zorro only lousy one crab....David lim was another that he shy to wear his uniform on SAF day.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miws in parliament past and present also got a few never make one star....
Notably LHK and zorro....zorro only lousy one crab....David lim was another that he shy to wear his uniform on SAF day.

I recall LHK may be a LTC, but I am unsure of Zorro's last rank. However, SAFOS usually attain LTC or higher after their bond of 7 years. In the history of SAFOS, there was one who, himself admitted, that he chose to do whatever, undesirable, so as to reduce the opportunity cost (that were his words), and remained at CPT.

I have no idea about David Lim.