• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Experts say: Don't let your toddler play with iPad or he will become stupid

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Experts caution against toddlers getting too familiar with devices
By Evelyn Lam, Dylan Loh | Posted: 24 November 2012 2242 hrs
display_image.php

Three-year-old Randy Smith playing with an iPad

SINGAPORE: Experts have cautioned against letting toddlers three years old and below, get too familiar with mobile devices.

They said it might hamper their ability to learn as they grow.

Three-year-old Randy Smith has been playing with an iPad since the age of two, and his parents said he is quite familiar with some of the more advanced features in the mobile device.

Experts said children this young should spend more time interacting with their physical environment.

They said interacting too much with a virtual interface could interfere with a child's ability to understand the world around him.

Colin Smith, father of Randy Smith, said: "There was once when we just left him (Randy) to go to bed with an iPad.

"We didn't check on him till about two hours later because both of us were working at home and when we got to him, we found that he had been playing for the past two hours and didn't want to go to sleep."

- CNA/lp

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ipad is the child best toy. If you give it to them they will stop cry, play them self without making noise or complaining.
They even know how to take care of the Ipad worry it will spoil and no more.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ipad is the child best toy. If you give it to them they will stop cry, play them self without making noise or complaining.
They even know how to take care of the Ipad worry it will spoil and no more.

It is very bad for their eyes and posture

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If parents want to opt for the easy way to bring up their kids, then they will pay the price in the future. I have witnessed the effects of tablets and mobile devices on kids. They are very user friendly and easily addictive. They can go for hours looking at ipads like zombies. Is that healthy? Guess the parents will find out in the next few years....

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
unfortunately these things are 'employed' as babysitters.

If parents want to opt for the easy way to bring up their kids, then they will pay the price in the future. I have witnessed the effects of tablets and mobile devices on kids. They are very user friendly and easily addictive. They can go for hours looking at ipads like zombies. Is that healthy? Guess the parents will find out in the next few years....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is very bad for their eyes and posture

it's bad for their sense of the real world too. just like sinkie adults on sbf, too much time on cyberspace and the virtual world makes us lose touch with reality. especially those who are constantly whining and complaining on their keyboards. :o

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately these things are 'employed' as babysitters.

yes. and they are very effective.... I fully agree with the experts' warning about it affecting the child's understanding of the real world... Because everything is interactive on the tablet. The child will be so disappointed when he discovers "long press and drag to bin" doesn't work on things that bother him ..

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's bad for their sense of the real world too. just like sinkie adults on sbf, too much time on cyberspace and the virtual world makes us lose touch with reality. especially those who are constantly whining and complaining on their keyboards. :o

I guess as adults we can tell the difference between real and virtual world better. Toddlers' minds will be fried.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes ...after countless hours with this IPad most kids will still adapt to the real world with varying degrees of difficulties, but some may not at all.

So for some this is a boon but for others it could be a bane.

yes. and they are very effective.... I fully agree with the experts' warning about it affecting the child's understanding of the real world... Because everything is interactive on the tablet. The child will be so disappointed when he discovers "long press and drag to bin" doesn't work on things that bother him ..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess as adults we can tell the difference between real and virtual world better. Toddlers' minds will be fried.

i introduced bakery story to 2 toddlers on the ipad, and both of them plus their mothers are now addicted to the game. the toddlers assume cakes and bread are easily obtainable from the oven. and they keep pestering their parents when they go into the kitchen. "waaaaaaa! no yum yum on the oven." their dads are not happy with me. :o