• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAS Lions lost again to Pinoy football team last night

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

singkies kpkb too much. The govt stop importing.
its singkies fault. cannot perform and don't want imports also.

Agreed totally. What the hell about "hold our heads even in defeat if they are all true-blue Singaporeans". What rubbish. We can only hang our heads in shame now as our government has failed us in terms of not importing enough talents, and poor quality talents.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Age is not the main issue. Talent, or the lack of it, is. A 38 year old Del Piero can walk into our national team anytime.
In the 70s, we rivaled the power houses in Asia, whipped the hell out of teams like Myanmar, Japan (who is a non-footballing nation then).
In the 80-90s, Japan overtook everyone in Asia in leaps and bounds, and we began to lose out to the Myanmars, Vietnams.
Even up to 2000, we are the top teams in SEA.
Now, it is the Pinoys who have improved and overtook us.

In the midst of this all, we have pumped in millions to start schools of excellence, created our own league (to mimic the J league), import talents, hired foreign coaches etc. I have not seen any country or FA who has done all that and still moved backwards like we did. Fuck football, can't we just admit we are top in football only in terms of collecting money from television broadcast rights? It is NOT going to work. Ever.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the midst of this all, we have pumped in millions to start schools of excellence, created our own league (to mimic the J league), import talents, hired foreign coaches etc. I have not seen any country or FA who has done all that and still moved backwards like we did. Fuck football, can't we just admit we are top in football only in terms of collecting money from television broadcast rights? It is NOT going to work. Ever.

First of all, those millions aren't enough.
Secondly, we did not focus on youth development much even till today.
Finally, with so much racism in the footballing fraternity, we can never have the best from the nation playing.

The best solution is to import one foreign player every year.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that a 42 year old is playing sums up the state of Singapore football.

And the coach salaryl is $35k per mth Wow!.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Age is not the main issue. Talent, or the lack of it, is. A 38 year old Del Piero can walk into our national team anytime.

But Duric is NOT Del Piero! I'd even take a 58 yr old zico, but motherfucker Duric at 22 was not even a 0.0001 of the player Zico is at 58.

That selfish bugger must be the illegitimate son of the coach.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But Duric is NOT Del Piero! I'd even take a 58 yr old zico, but motherfucker Duric at 22 was not even a 0.0001 of the player Zico is at 58.

Del Piero is playing in Aussie league now.....no self respecting foreign footballer would want to play here....sinkieland only can attract lasup low class no standards foreigners

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are making ridiculous assertions. Duric is a consummate professional who has given his best every time he plays. I have no problems with him at all. He has passed every Beep test he has taken, something that some of our local players have failed to achieve. The fact that Duric is still playing at the grand age of 42 is an indictment of the FAS and their idiotic Foreign Talent scheme and failed youth development systems. The current crop of national players simply do not possess the technical ability and fitness demanded in international football. They will not improve their skill levels much at their age, but fitness is something they can work on. I recommend that ALL professional footballers be attached to 1 CDO and NDU for fitness training. Those who drop out or do not make the grade should not be allowed to play professional football.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Table Soccer

We'll beat them hands down in ping pong. :mad:

Table tennis ? No lah. We can ask them to try table soccer instead. Wrists exercise begin ... :biggrin:

foosball_table_753.10.jpg

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Table Soccer

I think the constantly drumming by ministers of the message that WE MUST ACCOMODATE AND GIVE WAY TO FOREIGNERS (meaning Pinoys, PRC's and Indians immigrants ) has become so effective that it even pervades into the sports arena.
In future,we should expect silliporeans to give way (aka lose) to Pinoys, PRCs and Indian immigrants in sports-after all as the MIW says, they
'create jobs' for silliporeans. In fact with so many foreigners cheering them on, the PRC, Pinoy and Indian teams feel very much at home in sillipore.Besides silliporeans adults are working their butts out to service their mortgage while the kids are going for tution-where got time to watch sports?
The so called retirees have to scrap a living in their 2nd career washing dishes, wiping tables and sweeping floors.
1st world indeed.

Sunstreaker

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are making ridiculous assertions. Duric is a consummate professional who has given his best every time he plays. I have no problems with him at all. He has passed every Beep test he has taken, something that some of our local players have failed to achieve. The fact that Duric is still playing at the grand age of 42 is an indictment of the FAS and their idiotic Foreign Talent scheme and failed youth development systems. The current crop of national players simply do not possess the technical ability and fitness demanded in international football. They will not improve their skill levels much at their age, but fitness is something they can work on. I recommend that ALL professional footballers be attached to 1 CDO and NDU for fitness training. Those who drop out or do not make the grade should not be allowed to play professional football.

fitness vital but not everything. a smart player can play within himself in a game, utilizing his energy at the right time.

good luck to Duric representing SG. he can play till 60-something. really don't care.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
fitness vital but not everything. a smart player can play within himself in a game, utilizing his energy at the right time.

good luck to Duric representing SG. he can play till 60-something. really don't care.

You sound like that lousy piece of shit Ahmad Latiff. Bloody loser failed his Beep test and all he could do was to kpkb. Modern day football demands a high level of fitness. No use having the best skills in the world but 30 minutes into the game you lose steam.