Thread: Mudlaysian Newspaper report: Sinkies toolan China for mocking our country's name

My Reputation Points: 4315 / Power: 11

Red face Mudlaysian Newspaper report: Sinkies toolan China for mocking our country's name

S'pore scholars unhappy over naming 'joke'

The Star/Asia News Network
    Thursday, Nov 15, 2012

MALAYSIA - Sin Chew Daily reported that Singaporean scholars were unhappy that a newspaper in China had named a new slope found in Shenyang City, China, as "Xin Jia Po", or Singapore in Chinese.

The term can also be literally referred to as "newly added slope".

Singapore's Chinese Learning Lab dean Prof Chua Chee Lay said Singaporeans would sometimes joke about the term but he claimed it was the first time he had seen it used by the media and in this particular case by Shenyang Wanbao newspaper.

He added that it might be a joke, but some readers were questioning the motive behind the use of the term and whether the paper was being disrespectful by referring to the island republic as "a small slope".

"It would be more acceptable if a big shopping mall or an entertainment city is named after Singapore," he said.

"I personally take this as a joke but would like to remind that Singapore is a small nation."

My Reputation Points: 1236 / Power: 10

Default Re: Mudlaysian Newspaper report: Sinkies toolan China for mocking our country's name

I named my dog "PRC".
    Last edited by Devil Within; 15-11-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Reason obeys itself; Ignorance submits to what is dictated to it. - Thomas Paine

A society without proportionate consequence for personal actions will make eventual victims of all.-unknown

Lanjioaless faggot Tonychat, the Singapore PR from Malaysia, fucking no ball and no guts to talk the talk, walk the walk. Always want Uncle Devil to fuck for him. Sinkie Tonychat, why you so sinkie? - Devil Within

My Reputation Points: 1398 / Power: 0

Default Re: Mudlaysian Newspaper report: Sinkies toolan China for mocking our country's name

hey at least we dun have the opium wars and have this taiwan, hk and macau bullshits.

My Reputation Points: 640 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    S'pore scholars unhappy over naming 'joke'
    For a nation so prosperous and comfortable, Sgns should be able to take a joke and laught at themselves and not be so sensitive over name-calling.

Cheers!

My Reputation Points: 1285 / Power: 9

Why not? It should be an honor that China decides to name Singapore on a slope. If it is not worth a mention, it would not even appear in the world. Lucky they never use the old "jia" character and build a brothel on a slope with LKY as the brothel operator. You not happy can always build a toilet called Zhongguo. I cannot understand why these dogs of Leegime so sensitive for what. They get ridiculed everyday anway.
    2-in-Quote
    “Mr Lee Kuan Yew kept on repeating how he built up this country and how much he has stored in the reserves. That is the tragedy of the man. For all his intelligence, he does not possess the wisdom of life.
    .... he destroys the very legacy that he so desperately desires to establish.”
    "PAP IB Kanina has vouched that there is nothing wrong or against the law to have 2dollar company CEO running big time projects. LHL must be paid 1 dollar a year with no bonus and no allowances."

My Reputation Points: 1236 / Power: 10

Next time you ask a redneck Americans where "Xin Jia Po" is, they will say China and they are correct.
    Last edited by Devil Within; 15-11-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Reason obeys itself; Ignorance submits to what is dictated to it. - Thomas Paine

A society without proportionate consequence for personal actions will make eventual victims of all.-unknown

Lanjioaless faggot Tonychat, the Singapore PR from Malaysia, fucking no ball and no guts to talk the talk, walk the walk. Always want Uncle Devil to fuck for him. Sinkie Tonychat, why you so sinkie? - Devil Within

My Reputation Points: 2020 / Power: 7

Expect more shit coming

My Reputation Points: 1285 / Power: 9

What about Xinjiapo in the Jungle of Malaysia (coined always part of malaysia as slogan), serving all the "Singapore Dishes" tasting better than the red dot?
    2-in-Quote
    “Mr Lee Kuan Yew kept on repeating how he built up this country and how much he has stored in the reserves. That is the tragedy of the man. For all his intelligence, he does not possess the wisdom of life.
    .... he destroys the very legacy that he so desperately desires to establish.”
    "PAP IB Kanina has vouched that there is nothing wrong or against the law to have 2dollar company CEO running big time projects. LHL must be paid 1 dollar a year with no bonus and no allowances."

Thread Information